Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 31, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #44,791 of 63,856
So, I received my CCA C16's the other day, here in rainy Paraguay. First impressions are that I still prefer my regular ZS10's. I am using the C16s with the flat silver braided KZ upgrade cable and medium Auvios, as the 3.5mm jack on the stock cable does not fit my phone very well. I still need to do a bunch more listening and comparing. I have not listened to any classical yet, for example. I have been listening to a lot of m83 lately....

Original ZS10 is a boss.

DSC03000.JPG

May 31, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #44,792 of 63,856
That comment is going to cause a huge amount of uproar and possibly a Head-Fi riot.
Probably... It is still very early, and my ZS10 Pros are still in transit...

May 31, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #44,793 of 63,856
So crazy how far the hobby not to mention budget Chi-Fi has come in just a few short years and of course a lot is owed to this community as a whole. This little sub <$40 setup sounds amazing and this is yet another pair of KZ's that kind of got brushed to the side with the rapid releases during this period but they and this rig sounds amazing:wink:

Especially compared to one of my starter systems that cost me close to twice as much:open_mouth:

and these pretty POS's:scream: LOL

Off topic a bit but what is that black dap and iem's in the first image?

May 31, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #44,794 of 63,856
What you got is correct. ZS7 only comes with the three pairs of Starlines. The large ones looked pretty messed up though :S

Aw... =*(

On a positive note, I am liking the sound signature of the ZS7 alot, like, ALOT!

May 31, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #44,795 of 63,856
May 31, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #44,796 of 63,856
I love the "Just" part of that:wink: Always thought the clear ones were cool, like I said I see a lot of the 52VE.CN under Monk images and have no doubt they are true Monks but hopefully Lee will give me the lowdown on all the specifics of this one:grin: Just cause I feel like I'm pooping in the thread:open_mouth: A little KZ class:beerchug:

What kind of case is that? Pretty cool! Is it made specifically for that DAP, or did it just happen to fit perfectly like that?

May 31, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #44,798 of 63,856
May 31, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #44,799 of 63,856
In terms of SQ, does mh755 get close to your KZ Top 5 list?

Well, I really like dynamics over hybrids. To me they sound more natural, more accurate, and less artificial. Since pretty much everything KZ makes is now hybrids or all-BA IEMs, it’s hard to compare.

But yeah, for my personal preferences (taking into account my sound profile and genres preferences), the MH755 definitely ranks high on my list.

Be aware that not everyone likes the same stuff though. Some like flat as a pancake, w shaped, etc tuning.

And the MH755 (and most KZs) are not that.

But clearly the Harman folks knew what they were doing, because the tuning they developed (designed to appeal to most people) fits my preferences. I’m in that average bell curve for sure.

18F1C666-B686-499E-91D3-2479BF94C991.png

May 31, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #44,802 of 63,856
I'm loving the AS10 today. With so many KZ's in my stash, its nice to compare them.

Well i am a basshead, and I enjoy music as much as movies and gaming, so gimme that deep sub bass, mid clarity, relaxed treble but with good separation, so yeah, seems like ZS7 fits the bill pretty well

I guess all these time, I was subconsciously looking for an IEM version of the TH-X00 (although X00 doesn’t have much treble roll off)

Out of all of the ‘phones in my sig, I least prefer the 6XX because it’s got the lightest bass, lol

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #44,803 of 63,856
Well i am a basshead, and I enjoy music as much as movies and gaming, so gimme that deep sub bass, mid clarity, relaxed treble but with good separation, so yeah, seems like ZS7 fits the bill pretty well

I guess all these time, I was subconsciously looking for an IEM version of the TH-X00 (although X00 doesn’t have much treble roll off)

Out of all of the ‘phones in my sig, I least prefer the 6XX because it’s got the lightest bass, lol

You will love zs7.

May 31, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #44,804 of 63,856
Thanks! It's just the R6 but with a 256GB SD Card, KZ ATR, KZ ZS10 Pro, JCally Cable, Bluetooth FM Tansmitter for the car and a replace cable for some over ear headphones to get them up and running. The wifes done good this year :) She's just sorry the KZ's haven't arrived in time, bless her cotton socks.

The balanced cable is for the ZS10 Pro and judging by your comment and others on here i'm in for a treat. I can't wait!
Yeah, ZS10 PRO is phenomenal for the price. Hope you enjoy it with your new cable and DAP. Let us know your thoughts when you have had a chance to get familiar with everything.

May 31, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #44,805 of 63,856
My new ZS10 Pro has just been delivered. JCally balanced cable has been attached and just tried them. Holy &*^%! I'm stunned. Considering i've been listening to a Zune through generic ear buds for over a decade The HiBy R6 through IEMs sound incredible. The next step will be to put some lossless files on to try.

The bass is unbelievable and the sound stage is so much wider. I've tried three tracks from three different genres but my favourite guitar solo of all time now sounds even more powerful. Right i've got some serious listening to do!
Glad to see that you are enjoying this set, and your new setup. Enjoy your music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back