Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 31, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #44,761 of 63,860
I think ZS10 Pro is better than ZS7, but ZS7 still a superior sound signature to me personally. The bass slam for EDM is untouchable by the ZS10 Pro. When I listen to J:Kenzo playing some UK Dubplate on Rinse FM, the ZS10 just doesn't cut it for me personally :ksc75smile:. ZS7 Pro is very welcome, keeping it's giant low end hopefully!

IMO, the ZS10 Pro's sound much better with the vent at the DD covered with electrical tape. They become ZS7 competitor (to me, others not so bass friendly probably find the ZS10 Pro a ZS7 killer). Not sure of the long term effects of doing this though, doesn't seem like anything is wrong with them when doing it.

I'm agree with you, i love the smooth side of the ZS7, ZS10 Pro is less fun, and lullaby ( or rocking ? don't know which word used ). The ZS7 is clearly my prefered KZ, great combo with C16. if you search the enhance of ZS7, go Yin Topaz ( in my description ).

May 31, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #44,762 of 63,860
So crazy how far the hobby not to mention budget Chi-Fi has come in just a few short years and of course a lot is owed to this community as a whole. This little sub <$40 setup sounds amazing and this is yet another pair of KZ's that kind of got brushed to the side with the rapid releases during this period but they and this rig sounds amazing:wink:

Sub Forty Chi-Fi.JPG

Especially compared to one of my starter systems that cost me close to twice as much:open_mouth:

Creative MuVo Nomad.jpg

and these pretty POS's:scream: LOL

Skull Candy Irie's.jpg

May 31, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #44,763 of 63,860
I have the zs7 and zsn pro. All the bore sizes seem to be about 5mm. I would suggest the spinfit cp145 (4.5mm bore) right now. Also make sure to check out the size, there is a difference of 1mm in width going from small, medium to large (11.5, 12.5 & 13.5)

Also still am on the lookout for alternatives maybe similar to the JVC spiral dots. But they are a bit pricey for eartips.
OK thanks, but which one do you recommend for double flange

Edit: and I'm guessing that the cp145 is an upgraded version of the cp100?

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #44,764 of 63,860
OK thanks, but which one do you recommend for double flange

Not too sure about the double flange ones. I don't use them. But cp 220 looks good rather than 240 because of the slightly wider bore size. Cp240=4mm cp220=4.4mm.

I like tips that are closest to the bore size of the iem, it doesn't alter the sound too much. Also helps maintain a clear and wide stage.

May 31, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #44,765 of 63,860
Not too sure about the double flange ones. I don't use them. But cp 220 looks good rather than 240 because of the slightly wider bore size. Cp240=4mm cp220=4.4mm.

I like tips that are closest to the bore size of the iem, it doesn't alter the sound too much. Also helps maintain a clear and wide stage.
I use Large tips for foams and past silicone ones and the CP220 does not have Large only Medium.

Edit: oh and the CP155 looks better for me since its longer and might be better seal than the CP145

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #44,766 of 63,860
I use Large tips for foams and past silicone ones and the CP220 does not have Large only Medium.

Edit: oh and the CP155 looks better for me since its longer and might be better seal than the CP145

I wouldn't risk getting bigger bore size than that the iem has. Then it would be too loose and fall off easily. Might want to ask the seller if it will be ok with 5mm bore iems.

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #44,767 of 63,860
Which TWS 'phones are those in your photo? Just got my wife a pair for Mother's Day and she LOVES them.

Samsung galaxy buds

May 31, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #44,768 of 63,860
So crazy how far the hobby not to mention budget Chi-Fi has come in just a few short years and of course a lot is owed to this community as a whole. This little sub <$40 setup sounds amazing and this is yet another pair of KZ's that kind of got brushed to the side with the rapid releases during this period but they and this rig sounds amazing:wink:

Especially compared to one of my starter systems that cost me close to twice as much:open_mouth:

and these pretty POS's:scream: LOL

Makes me feel like kicking it old-school tonight. Those EDR2 have not graced my ear canals in quite a while. And still impressive for a 9$ IEM!
3C4B7676-58DD-4287-AF81-1C1E13FBADFA.jpeg

Maybe I should invest in a new DAP some day?

May 31, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #44,769 of 63,860
I wouldn't risk getting bigger bore size than that the iem has. Then it would be too loose and fall off easily. Might want to ask the seller if it will be ok with 5mm bore iems.
Ok Thanks will ask the seller. Is it worth waiting for 2 weeks for the summer sale to start on aliexpress or should i just order it right now?

May 31, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #44,770 of 63,860
Ok Thanks will ask the seller. Is it worth waiting for 2 weeks for the summer sale to start on aliexpress or should i just order it right now?

Since these are eartips, might make difference of a dollar or 2. So your call on that if it's worth the wait. (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #44,772 of 63,860
:rolling_eyes:
Makes me feel like kicking it old-school tonight. Those EDR2 have not graced my ear canals in quite a while. And still impressive for a 9$ IEM!

Maybe I should invest in a new DAP some day?

Yep, these DT5's are good but I believe the EDR2's were a little more detaled:beerchug:

LTwoKZ.JPG

You out there @mbwilson111 ? Came across this while perusing the old photo bank and thought of you and your Bud collection! These are still my fave bud and maybe one of the best bargains in portable eva:grin:

Monk-Kit.JPG

@BadReligionPunk , Skull Candies, Best Buy $9.99 but they look waaaaaaay better than they sound

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #44,774 of 63,860
My new ZS10 Pro has just been delivered. JCally balanced cable has been attached and just tried them. Holy &*^%! I'm stunned. Considering i've been listening to a Zune through generic ear buds for over a decade The HiBy R6 through IEMs sound incredible. The next step will be to put some lossless files on to try.

The bass is unbelievable and the sound stage is so much wider. I've tried three tracks from three different genres but my favourite guitar solo of all time now sounds even more powerful. Right i've got some serious listening to do!

May 31, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #44,775 of 63,860
Haha. Nice. I got my rasta wife a few pairs of Marley earphones. She loves them, and they have one that looks like that.

Easy to open? Think a Sony mh755 driver would work in there?

I think it would be cool if Sony just did an mh755 version like these, I've often wondered how those Marley phones sounded:scream_cat:

I have been contemplating using my right side red ZS6 with the Green left side, black tips with the TRN silver Yellow cable for a Irie KZ pair:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back