Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 13, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #43,171 of 63,914
You carry your whole iem collection everywhere you go? That's a true addict. You need to call the crisis line. :wink:

Just an insane reviewer ( but side addict too, I gave 4 I'm in review in this moment ) ! Before I reviewed loss of smartphones and up to 3/4 smartphones in same times.( And do 3/4 videos by week... Just because my curiosity is very huge, I want to review all it's possible )

But clearly each iem have a personality and if I want change I want to change anywhere.

And I'm so addict that I post here... With my poor english. Yeah I'm really very passionate

Apr 13, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #43,172 of 63,914
Hi guys, just pulled the trigger on a zs7. May I ask if the zs6 and zs7 are using the same type of cables (2-pin)? Thanks!

Exactly same type.

It's $20 for a new type of speaker and the graphs are flat from bass through mids. No idea if I'll like it but those were the reasons I ordered one. I figure that's a small price to pay for new technology and maybe it'll be good too.

They are ! They are flat and brilliant, farly better tuned than nicehck n3. Stay fun and globally with good tonality but a little cold

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #43,173 of 63,914
Hi guys, just pulled the trigger on a zs7. May I ask if the zs6 and zs7 are using the same type of cables (2-pin)? Thanks!
Yes, they use the same 0.75 mm 2-pin plugs, referred by KZ as an "A" type. Don't use the "B" (which are 0.78mm, and have angular plugs) or "C" types (the ones used by ZSN and other soon-to-be-released KZ products) on the ZS7.

Apr 13, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #43,174 of 63,914
I not only carry a bunch of earphones and headphones with me, but I also carry my entire record player and a stack of my favorite vinyl albums with me everywhere I go.

I am 200 espresso's away from this lifestyle.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #43,177 of 63,914
I am 2000 espresso's away from this lifestyle.

Haha, yeah that guy is bonkers. Where is he even getting power for the turntable from? Is he also lugging around a battery pack?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #43,178 of 63,914
hh
I not only carry a bunch of earphones and headphones with me, but I also carry my entire record player and a stack of my favorite vinyl albums with me everywhere I go.

The hipster is strong with this one. Its gotta be tough carrying all that on his moped.

Big ups man. I raise this Pabst to you!

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #43,179 of 63,914
Haha, yeah that guy is bonkers. Where is he even getting power for the turntable from? Is he also lugging around a battery pack?

Can't really tell from the pict, but they do have "portable" LP turntables though. And this is one of them:
VESTAX HANDY TRAX, it supposed to have a 65hr runtime !
Vestax-handy.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #43,181 of 63,914
Exactly same type.

They are ! They are flat and brilliant, farly better tuned than nicehck n3. Stay fun and globally with good tonality but a little cold

Yes, they use the same 0.75 mm 2-pin plugs, referred by KZ as an "A" type. Don't use the "B" (which are 0.78mm, and have angular plugs) or "C" types (the ones used by ZSN and other soon-to-be-released KZ products) on the ZS7.

Thanks for the help!

Apr 13, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #43,182 of 63,914
added resistance measurements of cables 060, 061, 062, and 063 to my list. they are budget nicehck cables.
060 (copper 8 cores) could be the best conductivity and plugs in <$10 price segment (you can get it <$8). acceptable sound.
061 (spc 8 cores) conductivity is quite worse, but price is also appealing.
once again, not impressed with 16 cores versions. copper version has even worse conductivity than its 8 cores sibling. but sound is decent.
all them are very soft and flexible.
(lists links can be found in my signature)

Wow, lucky, I just received my 060 (balanced) cable a few days ago, bought during the AliExpress anniversary sale. I really like it. Quality is nice and the earphone connections are tight, plus it has a slider. I also have the black silver plated MMCX version, which apparently is much worse, but I get really nice sound out of it with my ****. Would be interesting to get one of those best measured cables some time to compare how much of a difference it makes.

Apr 13, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #43,183 of 63,914
Wow, lucky, I just received my 060 (balanced) cable a few days ago, bought during the AliExpress anniversary sale. I really like it. Quality is nice and the earphone connections are tight, plus it has a slider. I also have the black silver plated MMCX version, which apparently is much worse, but I get really nice sound out of it with my ****. Would be interesting to get one of those best measured cables some time to compare how much of a difference it makes.
glad you like them.
not much difference (by rolling tips, you get big tonality differences; by rolling cables, slight definition changes).
but, if you have high resolution gear, you could try a more expensive cable ever and judge yourself. i do notice difference from my cables <$20 to those >$50 in these cases.

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #43,184 of 63,914
ZSN Pro (Purple) - I forgot I bought these and they showed up today in the mail. I ran some quick measurements using my new IEC711 clone coupler. Plotted over Harman Target Curve for IEMs. Just a really initial listen and its a little bright. I gave my ZSN away to a former colleague of mine so I do not have it anymore but just from memory, these seem a tad brighter than the ZSN. Seems like the ZSN Pro is to the ZSN like the T2 Pro is to the T2.

FR.jpg
waterfall.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back