Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 2, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #42,976 of 63,916
tried my cyan-green as10 a few days ago. they sound as awful as when first tried them.
even bought a red-black one. i'm with clavinetjunkie: they are a mess, sound completely off. will try massive equalizing, to check if i can listen to them.. ever.
AS10? It sounds like you're talking about something completely different.

Apr 2, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #42,978 of 63,916
The ZS6 has dissuaded you not buy a ZS7 or the C16? I'm assuming the C16?

LMD, please direct me to where I said that as I don’t own any of the CC iem’s not one! Furthermore I have no plans of buying any of those or the Tear Drop KZ’s especially the ones with the visible circuit boards showing through.
I have already purchased a ZS7 to go with all 4 color ZS6’s, I have stated several times I like the metal bodied models with exception of ZS4, ZST and ZSR.

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #42,979 of 63,916
The ZS6 has dissuaded you not buy a ZS7 or the C16? I'm assuming the C16?

Tee-Hee! :grin: LaughMore you placed the wrong person on the right quote...or is it the other way around? :thinking:

Anyway, wrong mistake. :upside_down: Poor Podster. :hugging:

I wrote those words. And my Gorgeous Gentrified Green ZS6 did dissuade me from ever considering getting the ZS7. I don't own the ZS7, but have now listened to it extensively as to form my impressions about its sound, or more accurately, how it reproduces my music through my gear. Yes, that means I prefer my green ZS6 to the ZS7. I do have the CCA C16, which I describe as a Rhapsody in Blue:

Dibs on that moniker!

Its sibling the C10 is still tops in my humble collection because I haven't finished listening to the C16 (interrupted by my old-new toy the Green ZS6, remember?). This personal ranking may or may not change after I'm done.

Hope everything is crystal..? Cheers! :kissing_heart:

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #42,980 of 63,916
LMD, please direct me to where I said that as I don’t own any of the CC iem’s not one! Furthermore I have no plans of buying any of those or the Tear Drop KZ’s especially the ones with the visible circuit boards showing through.
I have already purchased a ZS7 to go with all 4 color ZS6’s, I have stated several times I like the metal bodied models with exception of ZS4, ZST and ZSR.
I don't know why I keep getting confused when I read people's quotes. Maybe they should stop quoting more than one person at a time. That's confusing.

As far as I know the ZS4 is plastic and not metal? I have one at home.

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #42,981 of 63,916
Its sibling the C10 is still tops in my humble collection because I haven't finished listening to the C16 (interrupted by my old-new toy the Green ZS6, remember?). This personal ranking may or may not change after I'm done.
The C10 is better than the ZS6? I guess I dont need to order it then. :wink: Should I anyway?

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #42,982 of 63,916
The C10 is better than the ZS6? I guess I dont need to order it then. :wink: Should I anyway?
C10 is not necessarily better than ZS6 objectively.
I think it's more about personal preferences.
The ZS6 is more edgy and aggressive while the C10 is warmer, smoother and in my case more comfortable, so even more suited for everyday use.
The lower region on the ZS6 can be better in sub-bass while the bass texture is comparable even if a bit more technical on the ZS6.
Mids are less recessed on the C10 and has a more natural tonality.
Highs are not boosted like the ZS6, but the ZS6 are more capable in terms of detail retrieval.
Soundstage is bigger on the ZS6.
I think it's more about different preferences and tonality.. the ZS6 is really bright while the C10 is on the warmer side.

Apr 3, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #42,983 of 63,916
I don't know why I keep getting confused when I read people's quotes. Maybe they should stop quoting more than one person at a time. That's confusing.

As far as I know the ZS4 is plastic and not metal? I have one at home.

No problem LMD, it's just no one really likes being miss quoted:wink: The ZS4 is a plastic bodied iem and of course you should still order the ZS6 based on nxnje's take:thinking:

Sweet @SybilLance , that cable pairing truly does make them look "Rhapsody in Blue" and I'm good with your coining of that moniker :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #42,984 of 63,916
Tee-Hee! :grin: LaughMore you placed the wrong person on the right quote...or is it the other way around? :thinking:

I wrote those words. And my Gorgeous Gentrified Green ZS6 did dissuade me from ever considering getting the ZS7. I don't own the ZS7, but have now listened to it extensively as to form my impressions about its sound, or more accurately, how it reproduces my music through my gear. Yes, that means I prefer my green ZS6 to the ZS7. I do have the CCA C16, which I describe as a Rhapsody in Blue:

Dibs on that moniker!

That is a beautiful cable, and goes nicely with the buds and tips. I have the same or a similar cable (might be more cores) for my blue DMGs and another for my blue FH1s that is silver and blue, I love them.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #42,987 of 63,916

Dibs on that moniker!

I like that cable too. Have you got a link?

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #42,989 of 63,916
No problem LMD, it's just no one really likes being miss quoted:wink: The ZS4 is a plastic bodied iem and of course you should still order the ZS6 based on nxnje's take
If he wants a metal shell then yes.
The ZS6 is way more trebly than the ZS3 and watching the graphs more trebly compared ti the ZS4 as well.
If i could tip, the price of the ZS6 now is a real steal.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...22-441b-b2ee-b62eae9e1839&transAbTest=ae803_5

Is this genuine? I missed the sale. Go with this or wait for another sale?
Missaudio store and AK Audio sell the ZS7 around that price as well, buying from these shops should make you safer about the support you could receive in case of problems.

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #42,990 of 63,916
Man I have to say these are rapidly climbing my KZ chart:astonished: Could be just the combo with the Shanling M1 but they are really opening up and delivering the goods:grin:

M1BA10.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back