1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. LaughMoreDaily
    AS10? It sounds like you're talking about something completely different.

2. neo_styles
    AS10 comes in cyan. Colorway isn't my preference, but it's an option.

3. Podster
    LMD, please direct me to where I said that as I don’t own any of the CC iem’s not one! Furthermore I have no plans of buying any of those or the Tear Drop KZ’s especially the ones with the visible circuit boards showing through.
    I have already purchased a ZS7 to go with all 4 color ZS6’s, I have stated several times I like the metal bodied models with exception of ZS4, ZST and ZSR.

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  4. SybilLance
    Tee-Hee! :grin: LaughMore you placed the wrong person on the right quote...or is it the other way around? :thinking:

Anyway, wrong mistake. :upside_down: Poor Podster. :hugging:

I wrote those words. And my Gorgeous Gentrified Green ZS6 did dissuade me from ever considering getting the ZS7. I don't own the ZS7, but have now listened to it extensively as to form my impressions about its sound, or more accurately, how it reproduces my music through my gear. Yes, that means I prefer my green ZS6 to the ZS7. I do have the CCA C16, which I describe as a Rhapsody in Blue:

FAF768E4-3BD3-4BCF-9C4C-9DB3045D597B.jpeg

Dibs on that moniker!

Its sibling the C10 is still tops in my humble collection because I haven't finished listening to the C16 (interrupted by my old-new toy the Green ZS6, remember?). This personal ranking may or may not change after I'm done.

Hope everything is crystal..? Cheers! :kissing_heart:

rayliam80, PhonoPhi, Slater and 7 others like this.
  5. LaughMoreDaily
    I don't know why I keep getting confused when I read people's quotes. Maybe they should stop quoting more than one person at a time. That's confusing.

As far as I know the ZS4 is plastic and not metal? I have one at home.

6. LaughMoreDaily
    The C10 is better than the ZS6? I guess I dont need to order it then. :wink: Should I anyway?

7. nxnje
    C10 is not necessarily better than ZS6 objectively.
    I think it's more about personal preferences.
    The ZS6 is more edgy and aggressive while the C10 is warmer, smoother and in my case more comfortable, so even more suited for everyday use.
    The lower region on the ZS6 can be better in sub-bass while the bass texture is comparable even if a bit more technical on the ZS6.
    Mids are less recessed on the C10 and has a more natural tonality.
    Highs are not boosted like the ZS6, but the ZS6 are more capable in terms of detail retrieval.
    Soundstage is bigger on the ZS6.
    I think it's more about different preferences and tonality.. the ZS6 is really bright while the C10 is on the warmer side.

8. Podster
    No problem LMD, it's just no one really likes being miss quoted:wink: The ZS4 is a plastic bodied iem and of course you should still order the ZS6 based on nxnje's take:thinking:

Sweet @SybilLance , that cable pairing truly does make them look "Rhapsody in Blue" and I'm good with your coining of that moniker :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    SybilLance likes this.
  9. Mouseman
    That is a beautiful cable, and goes nicely with the buds and tips. I have the same or a similar cable (might be more cores) for my blue DMGs and another for my blue FH1s that is silver and blue, I love them.

SybilLance likes this.
  10. Deveraux
  11. mono-type
  12. Nimweth
    I like that cable too. Have you got a link?

13. Benik3
  14. nxnje
    If he wants a metal shell then yes.
    The ZS6 is way more trebly than the ZS3 and watching the graphs more trebly compared ti the ZS4 as well.
    If i could tip, the price of the ZS6 now is a real steal.

Missaudio store and AK Audio sell the ZS7 around that price as well, buying from these shops should make you safer about the support you could receive in case of problems.

15. Podster
    Man I have to say these are rapidly climbing my KZ chart:astonished: Could be just the combo with the Shanling M1 but they are really opening up and delivering the goods:grin:

M1BA10.JPG

rayliam80, DocHoliday, eclein and 5 others like this.