1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. neo_styles
    Personally, I just got to that point where I looked at what I had and said "ok, that's enough for now." Maybe the BA10 will work its way into the collection at some point, but it won't be for a while. I will agree that they don't like like they should be comfortable, but appearances are known to be deceiving.

2. Podster
    Well because not enough people who got them worked to get the tip cable combination down but KZ did kind of boxed themselves in with these, sad part is once burnt and addressed cable tip wise they are a top notch sub $80 iem. They can be restrictive for those with smaller ears and also those who need a little deeper tip depth. The large body and short nozzle (see Slaters comments) can really create issues for some. Like I said at $75 KZ kind of missed the mark with design but SQ is as you see in my top 3 KZ's! IMHO if they had fit like my ZS4's fit (of course this could just be me and my ears too) they would have sold a butt load of them because they hype train (orders) would have careened off the track:rolling_eyes: Even at 3/4 a Benjamin:smirk: LOL

I'll tell ya that Pod's got some nerve putting his cheap old ZSA's on a AK:scream::smirk::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I'm still partial to Hungry's post:grin:

ZSAKJr.JPG

3. Slater
    You’re not the only ZSA fan out there.

I wasn’t too fond of them until I totally covered the rear vents with tape.

I definitely like the compact size, shape, and build quality though. I’ll be curious if KZ ever releases a 2nd revision at some point. They often go with an 18 month revision cycle.

They have been surprisingly quiet in 2019, so who knows what they’ve been cooking up in the secret KZ labs :wink:

4. B9Scrambler
    CCA models, lol!

5. Slater
    Agreed. But Honda and Toyota still churn out stuff even though they’re busy with Acura and Lexus!

Sure, they just released the ZSN Pro. But last year they were busting out a new IEM every month!

Heck, they still have a few models left from that original 2018 list they never released YZ46, YZ66, and YZ63.

6. B9Scrambler
    ... :unamused:

7. Podster
    Guess I did not need the tape since I sleep in mine, pillow must be doing the job:wink:

Slater likes this.
  8. SybilLance
    The way your "buy kilobucks" friend gives his impressions on the ZSN is as if he was voicing his thoughts out loud and on the fly as he was listening. :smile_phones:

It's a fair and agreeable assessment, since I also heard the same extended, linear bass with only that slight mid-bass curve, the shallow mid-range recession and of course the energetic, sparkly treble. No, I haven't heard the SE215.

No offense taken. And I appreciate your honest answer; indeed, the fact that you don't own the ZSN or that you haven't actually listened to it may be discerned from your post.

However, here's the Rub:

Do you think it's fair to the other members for you to publicly voice such negative thoughts or opinions about a certain in-ear headphone—the KZ ZSN in this case—without ever giving that in-ear an actual, personal listen, even for a limited amount of time?

Let's take your phrases "beauty over sound" and "some people said it was basically an upgraded ZST". In proper context the first is already derogatory while the second is dismissive. Certainly we all are entitled to our own opinions here. Nevertheless, your statements taken as a whole, given the negative connotation, may just bring into focus a different kind of honesty, intellectual honesty.

Perhaps the right to say our opinions, to be heard, is better when tempered with a bit of prudence and responsibility, don't you think so? :wink:

Peace and best regards. :v::slight_smile:

Podster Dear, if by "Subil" you mean me, I'm afraid I didn't say anything about the ZSN being an upgraded ZST. It was in fact mono-type (see above) who stated, "...some people said it was basically an upgraded ZST...". I was asking him a question referring to that phrase. Really should have used quotation marks—as a matter of fact I edited my post and did place those quotation marks. I apologize for any confusion I've caused. :kissing_closed_eyes:

1clearhead, maxxevv and neo_styles like this.
  9. Podster
    Podster Dear, if by "Subil" you mean me, I'm afraid I didn't say anything about the ZSN being an upgraded ZST. It was in fact mono-type (see above) who stated, "...some people said it was basically an upgraded ZST...". I was asking him a question referring to that phrase. Really should have used quotation marks—as a matter of fact I edited my post and did place those quotation marks. I apologize for any confusion I've caused. :kissing_closed_eyes:[/QUOTE]

My apologies on both accounts @SybilLance , I need to slow down and stop hopping around. One waits 40 minutes in this thread and it may be two pages advanced! But I do think the ZSN is pretty much an upgraded ZST in all aspects:thinking:

SybilLance likes this.
  10. mono-type
    LOL that "beauty over sound" phrase didn't even came from me. It was from @crnbrry (though I agreed on his statement), The bit about ZST, however, indeed came from me. XD Well, my apologies if I came as condescending or something to you. I didn't meant to be.

Anyway, no need to get triggered or something. Relax, and let's not make things serious business too much. It's a hobby meant to be enjoyed, after all. Just enjoy the Chi-Fi goodness KZ (and perhaps other brands like CCA, BQEYZ, etc.) offer.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    SybilLance likes this.
  11. SybilLance
    No harm done, Podster. :smile: Haven't had that much time with the ZST (borrowed it from a friend) to properly form an impression much less remember its sound signature. But I'll take your word for it. :kissing_heart:

12. SybilLance
    Not triggered or something. Far from it. Just pointing out the pitfalls of asserting as fact something one has no personal knowledge about. :wink:

And I'm probably the most relaxed person here at the moment. Just had a wonderful massage while listening to 80s R&B. That's it. Time for my beauty sleep. :zzz:

1clearhead likes this.
  13. PhonoPhi
    CCA C04 is based on KZ ZSA judging by descriptions (and even connectors, which are a bit special for ZSA, as far as I understand). They are quite similar, with C04 being milder V-shaped to by ears.
    I love ZSA design, but I was surprised that it is a bit loose in my ears.
    CCA C04's fit is very nice to me.

It helped to start me to collect CCA :)

14. pbui44
    I finally started using this gray mesh zip pouch for storing my mouse (it’s original purpose), but I realized my DAP is just a little larger than my mouse and the holder strap could also hold IEMs with detachable cables! Pretty nifty...can’t find it on Gearbest anymore, so just go to wish.com, make an account (Google Plus login no longer works, as it is now gone :frowning2: ), search for mouse storage and look for the multicolored mesh pouches for free plus $2.00 shipping each, which is cheaper than those KZ ZSAs inside.
    8BF7F8D2-B3B2-41DD-BB52-23FCD1B8581D.jpeg

15. LaughMoreDaily
    The ZS6 has dissuaded you not buy a ZS7 or the C16? I'm assuming the C16?