Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 5, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #34,381 of 63,914
Shouldn't the IT01 be better than any KZ? It's a $100! My ED16 were $18 US and my ES4 $12.75 US. I guess it comes down to intelligence... do we invest in one amazing pair or give mediocre pairs? I picked the latter. :frowning2:
I guess it depends on the use case. I only ever use IEMs outside of the house and when they're not in my ears they're in my pocket. I've owned IEMs that cost hundreds of dollars and have actually found their cables to be less durable than most Chi-Fi IEMs I've owned. Not everything high-end has replaceable cables and non-replaceable is no more durable. Having something you spent a lot of money on die after a few months is not something I want to experience again.

I also think the best of Chi-Fi can easily beat many of the more expensive IEMs in sound quality. If it doesn't beat it, then the difference in typical listening conditions of a noisy environment are minimal.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #34,382 of 63,914
Having something you spent a lot of money on die after a few months is not something I want to experience again.

I also think the best of Chi-Fi can easily beat many of the more expensive IEMs in sound quality. If it doesn't beat it, then the difference in typical listening conditions of a noisy environment are minimal.
I wish I could help you with your headphone broken heart but I'm not a headphone. I wish! :) Chi-Fi is sure doing the world proud with their high-quality products. I can't find such things for those prices in Canada. It seems like companies here are selling dollar store headphones for $20+ and it's ridiculous. Only people into ChiFi know and that's even sadder.

Which expensive headphones would you be referring to in your post that would compare to a ChiFi that is much cheaper?

Jul 5, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #34,383 of 63,914
@Otto Motor posted a nice review of the ED16 over in the Chinese / Asian thread.

Otto, we miss you here in this thread!

I can't wait to get my ED16s. It's on a "slow boat from China" ... :frowning2:
Why did you allow them to take the romantic route instead of the classier route? Is that the kind of romance you have your headphones, no class?? :) China Air Post or E-Packet is best for North America.

Jul 5, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #34,384 of 63,914
Jul 5, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #34,385 of 63,914
And don't forget to order the upgrade cable, cause the stock one is not that great(and it has type A connector(smaller than ES4, ZS10 etc.), and only KZ ZSA(from new lineup) cable is compatible with ED16)
How has the sound of the ED16 changed with your new cable? The stock one sounds fine to me.

Jul 5, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #34,386 of 63,914
A single pair of tips for $10? No thanks.

With foams generally having a very limited lifespan, I'd be hesitant to pay that for them. I usually avoid Comply for the same reason. @Slater should be along with a link for 1000 Foam tips for something ridiculous like $3 at any moment.

Jul 5, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #34,390 of 63,914
What if I want to take a nap with music? I want something small that disappears in my ear. A giant bodied IEM like KZ ZSR won’t do. Something small like the $15 MEMT X5 works perfectly. It sounds plenty good enough for sleeping, and works well at low volume.
If you sleep with headphones on it's calling burning in your headphones.

Jul 5, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #34,391 of 63,914
No, it's not. One pair of small, one pair of medium, one pair of large. I'm pretty sure my ears are Large and won't fit Medium or a Small. Hence you're only getting one pair you can use for 10 bucks. No thanks.
I really don't feel like having an internet argument today. Please read all of the drop information before you make claims like this. Dekoni only sells in packs of 3.
Proof.png

Jul 5, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #34,392 of 63,914
I can listen to ES14 for extended hours. ED16 sparkle is piercing to me for longer run. ES4's mids are lush and smooth. ED16 sounds thin. ES4 is more fun in the bass range.

Jul 5, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #34,393 of 63,914
How has the sound of the ED16 changed with your new cable? The stock one sounds fine to me.

I changed the cable on my ED16 because it was not comfortable around my ear. It would not sit right for me. Sound was fine.

Jul 5, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #34,394 of 63,914
No, it's not. One pair of small, one pair of medium, one pair of large. I'm pretty sure my ears are Large and won't fit Medium or a Small. Hence you're only getting one pair you can use for 10 bucks. No thanks.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you couldn't access the drop page. They give you the option between a 3 pack of one size or one of each size.

Note: At checkout, you’ll have your choice between the Gemini Series (3mm tips) and the Mercury Series (4.9mm tips) in size S, M, L, or Multipack (includes one of each size).

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #34,395 of 63,914
I really don't feel like having an internet argument today. Please read all of the drop information before you make claims like this. Dekoni only sells in packs of 3.
This isn't an argument. I made an honest mistake in believing something that may not be true which I haven't confirmed yet. I will look into it. Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back