Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 20, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #33,917 of 63,838
Hello guys, received my ES4 two weeks ago and burned em without a prior listening. Finished burning in yesterday and finally started to listen to them. I was hyped, until I noticed there's a huge hissing/whispering in the left ear that is not present on the right side. I know there's supposed to be some in the track to an extent, checked with my ZS5v1. Do I have a faulty/wonky pair ?
You’re not one of those people to burn in at 100% volume are you? :p

Jun 20, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #33,919 of 63,838
Dont know if I can really call this "burn in" since I only did it with my own music

I call it burn it... that is how I burn things in... with my own music at normal listening levels. I listen at low to moderate volume. I always put in the iems, make sure I have a good seal and adjust the volume before leaving them to burn in. I often use my Ruizu A50 DAP for this purpose as the battery lasts for 20 hours. I charge it as needed during the burn in. I do let it rest for a few minutes now and again.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #33,920 of 63,838
You’re not one of those people to burn in at 100% volume are you? :p

No of course not, LMAO

I wish I did though, had a defective unit anyway :frowning2:

I call it burn it... that is how I burn things in... with my own music at normal listening levels. I listen at low to moderate volume. I always put in the iems, make sure I have a good seal and adjust the volume before leaving them to burn in. I often use my Ruizu A50 DAP for this purpose as the battery lasts for 20 hours. I charge it as needed during the burn in. I do let it rest for a few minutes now and again.

That's what I did for 100 hours :)

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #33,921 of 63,838
Hi guys, could anyone tell if the Tinaudio T2's cable would work fine with the KZ ED16? I am planning to buy both of these, and was thinking whether I'd need to buy the upgraded cable for the KZs or would the T2's cable be compatible.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #33,922 of 63,838
Hi guys, could anyone tell if the Tinaudio T2's cable would work fine with the KZ ED16? I am playing to buy both of these, and was thinking whether I'd need to buy the upgraded cable for the KZs or would the T2's cable be compatible.

Thank you.
In a word, NO

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #33,923 of 63,838
Hi guys, could anyone tell if the Tinaudio T2's cable would work fine with the KZ ED16? I am playing to buy both of these, and was thinking whether I'd need to buy the upgraded cable for the KZs or would the T2's cable be compatible.

Thank you.

Nope, totally different cables:
  • KZ and TRN cables are 0.75mm 2-pin cables.
  • Tin Audio T2 uses MMCX cable.
Don't feel like you HAVE to buy the upgraded KZ cables. The stock cables work perfectly fine in most cases.

Most people buy the various upgrade KZ cables because of other reasons - some are different colors, some of them can be converted to balanced by soldering on a new plug, less microphonics, etc.

In fact, some people WANT the stock cables, because it is the only way to get a mic/control cable with the 2-pin KZs. None of the KZ upgrade cables come with a mic/controls.

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #33,926 of 63,838
Thanks for the replies guys, and could you tell whether $35 and $18 are decent asking prices for the t2 and the ed16 respectively, or should I wait for the prices to drop?

Thank you.
Actually, those are very good prices. The T2 rarely drops this low, so jump on it! Also, $18 is a very good price for the ED16. I paid more than that for the one I ordered, but it is with mic...

Jun 20, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #33,929 of 63,838
I always wonder what headphones he uses on a daily basis. I wish he would let it slip out... since the Zircon is no longer a favorite.

He probably changes it up, like most of us who have loads to pick from.

I try to switch out my ‘daily driver’ on at least a weekly basis.

I find when I do that, I discover new or subtle things about the IEM that I might have missed the 1st time/OOTB. And some that I initially disliked I find aren’t all that bad when I rotate through them later (or they are worse than I remember).

Perhaps some just improve as they get more music hours racked up due to burn in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back