Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 20, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #33,931 of 63,958
I
@neueziel

which tips and eq are you using .. I am interested

Ask him, which IEM did he compared which costs 1000$.

I think I can compare ES4 with some expensive IEM but not that expensive....

yeah the funny thing is how can kz zs6 be good then some other 1k iems.. I cant imagine that really.. or the 1k iems are overpriced or kz zs6 is actually a gem and I dont know it lol.. btw I have kz zs6 too:beyersmile:

I too, am curious as to what "$1000 IEMs" the ZS6 supposedly beats.

Same here bro....I think its time to update your IEM list and put KZ ZS6 there lol

"S" class

Rofl

I'm using Comply foam tips. I enjoyed my listening experience more than I did with IEMs from 64 audio. The ZS6 to me are more engaging, have better bass response and have a sound signature that I prefer. I have also owned Campfire Vegas and have listened to many of Campfire's IEMs which I believe are a great value compared to some of other TOTL IEMs.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #33,934 of 63,958
I

I'm using Comply foam tips. I enjoyed my listening experience more than I did with IEMs from 64 audio. The ZS6 to me are more engaging, have better bass response and have a sound signature that I prefer. I have also owned Campfire Vegas and have listened to many of Campfire's IEMs which I believe are a great value compared to some of other TOTL IEMs.
Are you the guy who made comparison video between 64audio U6 and KZ ZS6....

OK...just wait my friend...I also think cheaper 64audio are crap but a disagree with campfire making good iem for 1000$....its only Andromeda, comet and Atlas they got right per audio field standard and technical level which you can notice by your ears...other are weird in either imaging or harmonic details(Vega I am seeing you)....Polaris was also good as the Andromeda junior but had elliptical stage...
I myself have u18t (Tzar) with m15 module...and I have heard 64udio for a long time...

KZ ZS6 can be engaging(believe you), better bass response(sceptical as 64audio makes up with sheer amount of BA numbers to get the dynamic bass)....

I think you prefer sharp response(out of control cymbal harmonics) or I would say energetic response.

Try pairing your 64audio with better source and listen to Beethoven symphony no.5 and then listen KZ ZS6.

Or listen to exotic by priyanka chopra ft. Pitbull

64audio will simply give you cleaner mids(no bleed) and better depth with softer cymbals and more relaxed compared to zs6 but detail and speed is I can make sure 100x times better

KZ ZS6 upgrade on big budget is hyla ce5(same signature but done better)

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #33,935 of 63,958

Are you the guy who made comparison video between 64audio U6 and KZ ZS6....

OK...just wait my friend...I also think cheaper 64audio are crap but a disagree with campfire making good iem for 1000$....its only Andromeda, comet and Atlas they got right per audio field standard and technical level which you can notice by your ears...other are weird in either imaging or harmonic details(Vega I am seeing you)....Polaris was also good as the Andromeda junior but had elliptical stage...
I myself have u18t (Tzar) with m15 module...and I have heard 64udio for a long time...

KZ ZS6 can be engaging(believe you), better bass response(sceptical as 64audio makes up with sheer amount of BA numbers to get the dynamic bass)....

I think you prefer sharp response(out of control cymbal harmonics) or I would say energetic response.

Try pairing your 64audio with better source and listen to Beethoven symphony no.5 and then listen KZ ZS6.

Or listen to exotic by priyanka chopra ft. Pitbull

64audio will simply give you cleaner mids(no bleed) and better depth with softer cymbals and more relaxed compared to zs6 but detail and speed is I can make sure 100x times better

KZ ZS6 upgrade on big budget is hyla ce5(same signature but done better)

I listened to 64 Audio at the Canjam booth this year and really could not get into them at all. They felt very flat and not fun. I was ready to purchase the Comet before the show but they did not do anything for me either. The Atlas were very nice but the bass was close to being overwhelming but I much prefer it to the Comet and close to being indifferent between the Vega and Atlas. You are right in that I enjoy a more energetic response and shy away from a flat/neutral sound signature. Technical superiority, however defined, does not necessarily mean more enjoyment. I would say that with price not being a consideration I would gladly take the ZS6 over the 64 audio IEMS. I acknowledge that there are flaws to the ZS6, some of the issues can partially be mitigated with different tips, however they do more right than not, especially considering price. The Hylas look interesting, too bad it appears to be limited to 200 pieces.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #33,936 of 63,958
I listened to 64 Audio at the Canjam booth this year and really could not get into them at all. They felt very flat and not fun. I was ready to purchase the Comet before the show but they did not do anything for me either. The Atlas were very nice but the bass was close to being overwhelming but I much prefer it to the Comet and close to being indifferent between the Vega and Atlas. You are right in that I enjoy a more energetic response and shy away from a flat/neutral sound signature. Technical superiority, however defined, does not necessarily mean more enjoyment. I would say that with price not being a consideration I would gladly take the ZS6 over the 64 audio IEMS. I acknowledge that there are flaws to the ZS6, some of the issues can partially be mitigated with different tips, however they do more right than not, especially considering price. The Hylas look interesting, too bad it appears to be limited to 200 pieces.
I said it is more enjoying but that doesn't means it do better my friend.. Their is something we call fundamental detail which starts from 98.2Hz and ends at 1.12kHz, after that is harmonic detail(which shapes the harmonics of instrument)

KZ may be better as harmonics enjoyment are boosted and is enjoyable but mind that it bleeds and is sharp.

That's why I said, go try hyla ce5....why...because they are similar in tuning.

You compare to different SQ which are catered for different purposes....

Hyla CE5 vs KZ ZS6 and then you will understand what you should compare too..

You can say etymotic er4sr is bad compared to KZ ZS6, but that will not only not make sense, but you will be laughed upon...because ety are made for neutrality and you compare a V shape iem to them which doesn't even have proper channel balancing, no field calibration...

Well ety can sound soulless to you but are great for critical monitoring..

Hope this helps....actually I started typing earlier than your post....but you posted your comment so I have to edit it

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #33,938 of 63,958
Why it is so hard for some people to understand that if someone likes 30$ earbuds more than 3000$ earbuds - it is NORMAL. It is not hearing damage or lack of listening experience, it is personal tastes in sound.
$3,000 earbuds? Lol. Rip off. We're pushing it at $50...

Jun 21, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #33,939 of 63,958
I have Final E4000.....took it back from my evil sis...she his it somewhere in her closet...

I got my stuff back

And I love it

Its better than campfire(except Andromeda) and many other iem..

That black magic(music comes and goes into darkness) so soundstage seems to be so big

Hope KZ makes something like this in future...

They are all balant and up forward. . .

We need euphoric sound

KZ ZS10 vs final e2000 any day final audio is winner

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #33,941 of 63,958
Hello everyone, after using the KZ ATE for three years I decided to get the KZ ES4. I wanted to try an hybrid iem and I think the ES4 looks great with the separator circuitry. Will I notice a big difference in sound compared to the ATE? Thanks!
Well that is a 4gen difference.

Ate gen
ZST gen
ZS6/ZSR gen
Circuit board gen

ES4 bass is way fast and clean and treble is sparkly bright with right balance for mids

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #33,942 of 63,958
yeah the funny thing is how can kz zs6 be good then some other 1k iems.. I cant imagine that really.. or the 1k iems are overpriced or kz zs6 is actually a gem and I dont know it lol.. btw I have kz zs6 too:beyersmile:

I certainly dont listen to UM Miracle or UM Merlin so often now compared to ES4 :sweat_smile: It is just much more fun to listen to. And I don't listen to classical music anymore (except Pachelbel's canon in D)

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #33,943 of 63,958
Why it is so hard for some people to understand that if someone likes 30$ earbuds more than 3000$ earbuds - it is NORMAL. It is not hearing damage or lack of listening experience, it is personal tastes in sound.

I'm with you. User preferences are highly subjective. Although I would say that it makes it easier to identify what you like and don't like once you've listened to a number of different headphones/IEMs as it broadens your perspective.

I'd say it was an eye opening experience. It will be hard for me to justify spending big $ on IEMs now. Although finding the right ones will probably be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #33,944 of 63,958
I'm with you. User preferences are highly subjective. Although I would say that it makes it easier to identify what you like and don't like once you've listened to a number of different headphones/IEMs as it broadens your perspective.

I'd say it was an eye opening experience. It will be hard for me to justify spending big $ on IEMs now. Although finding the right ones will probably be like finding a needle in a haystack.
Love a cheaper one, find its alternative on higher price(same SQ) and then you will feel justified...

Well law of diminishing return does play, but I think after 500$

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #33,945 of 63,958
Well 2 things.
First of all pulled the trigger on a pair of ED12 simply because they were on offer.
Yeah I know they're not regarded well here but surprisingly I'm chuffed with them.
They are brilliant for a vocalist, nice mids. And fab for rock.
Actually these really remind me of the Se420 with a bit more bass. Very similar to me. So very happy.

Secondly just ordered a pair of the ES4 in blue. Arriving tomorrow.....Can't wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back