Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 9, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #32,116 of 63,929
The new bees work fine, a little harder to get a good seal with but I don't think I'd tell the difference in a blind set up. They might make it slightly darker sounding, but that could just be my brain.

Very gentle that u tested this for me!
Today i've tried what people tipped me: make some warm water flow in the ear for like 20/30 secs! Things were a bit better but that feeling was in anyway but it's reduced if i wear the in-ear with the cable around, dunno why.

Hope i can have a good seal that guarantees me a good sound when i get my zsr.

May 9, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #32,117 of 63,929
May 9, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #32,118 of 63,929
Just in...the ED7 and ED7 mini...made of bamboo...by recommendation of Doc Holiday.

I hope there is no hungry panda around to eat them...already wrestled with the cat.

UPDATE: I will be using the big ones in the rain. I hope they won't swell and I'll need to have them surgically removed.
IMG_6551.jpg

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #32,121 of 63,929
Just in...the ED7 and ED7 mini...made of bamboo...by recommendation of Doc Holiday.

I hope there is no hungry panda around to eat them...already wrestled with the cat.

UPDATE: I will be using the big ones in the rain. I hope they won't swell and I'll need to have them surgically removed.
they certainly look really cool...but how do they sound?

May 9, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #32,122 of 63,929

For me, narrow-bore silicone that are small enough for deep insertion work best. They bring forth the midrange and tame the mid-bass a bit. Don't be afraid to give them some volume and pair them with your brighter-leaning DAP.
10092922.jpg

Side note:
If you are hunting for "inexpensive but fun" you might also try the UiiSii US90 or HM7. They've a bit more sparkle up top and are great bed buddies.

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #32,123 of 63,929
Mine shipped yesterday and I ordered them the day they went on AE so not sure how he's got them. Nice to hear they sound good.

Am back on my ED15s. Don't find them sibilant like @B9Scrambler but I remember others had their orders cancelled and reshipped so wonder if they were changed in any way???
I got them day before yesterday.

11pm

I live in India ATM....so China is way to near to me

It takes 3day to ship to my destination and 5days to 10days when a product is on pre order

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #32,124 of 63,929
I got some KZ ATE-S IEMs back in September.
Compared to my iLuv iEP322's, the KZ ATE-S IEMs have little volume, almost no bass, and they do not block ambient noise very well.
In other words, they aren't that great.
I'm glad I paid only $8.14 for them.
So disappointing.

You weren't using the totally useless hard foam tips that came with them by any chance? If so, that's the problem...

May 9, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #32,125 of 63,929
I got them day before yesterday.

11pm

I live in India ATM....so China is way to near to me

It takes 3day to ship to my destination and 5days to 10days when a product is on pre order

Please tell us more about the ES4 I'm really looking forward to hearing reviews about them. I love the ES3 and wanted to know if the ES4 are a huge improvement over them.

May 9, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #32,126 of 63,929
Please tell us more about the ES4 I'm really looking forward to hearing reviews about them. I love the ES3 and wanted to know if the ES4 are a huge improvement over them.
Well ES4 have a very fast bass compared to ES3. And the treble is smoothened and doesn't have any peak. Its smooth and whole sound is tight on decay. But the mids follow the same laid back approach of zs10 but it is still forward compared to zs10.

They are coherent and phase corrected too. which ES3 wasnt

May 9, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #32,127 of 63,929
Yes, but i wanted to spend below the ZST, there's a lot of options there, i already have the ZSR's on the way for me and wanted something below the ZSR that's not the ZST.

Well, then I am back to my EDR1 recommendation.

Basically, here are your sub-$12 KZ choices ($12 is what the ZST used to cost anyways):

ED7
ED7 Mini
ED9
ED12
EDR1
EDR2
EDSE
HDS3
ATE
ATR
ZS1
ZS2
ZN1 Mini
ZSE

Out of those, I would go with 1) EDR1, 2) ATR, 3) ED9, 4) EDR2, or 5) HDS3 (in that order).

Unless you venture out of the KZ brand, and then I would recommend the UiiSii CM5 for $12.

Or lemme ask this - what kind of prices are you finding the ZST at (and from where)?

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #32,128 of 63,929
Very gentle that u tested this for me!
Today i've tried what people tipped me: make some warm water flow in the ear for like 20/30 secs! Things were a bit better but that feeling was in anyway but it's reduced if i wear the in-ear with the cable around, dunno why.

Hope i can have a good seal that guarantees me a good sound when i get my zsr.

You can also use olive oil or hydrogen peroxide to help soften and flush out earwax buildup (best to see a doctor if you have a large buildup though).

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #32,129 of 63,929
For me, narrow-bore silicone that are small enough for deep insertion work best. They bring forth the midrange and tame the mid-bass a bit. Don't be afraid to give them some volume and pair them with your brighter-leaning DAP.

Side note:
If you are hunting for "inexpensive but fun" you might also try the UiiSii US90 or HM7. They've a bit more sparkle up top and are great bed buddies.

The ED7 delivered a robust sound on their first outing. The largest included tips worked for me but I had to push them deep into my ear canals. These work fine in noisy environments.

The ED7 plots solid in the Hamburger field. It sounds darkish and full.

Here a KZ engineer testing the bamboo - I was at the Chengdu facility twice some 10 years ago.

Slide1 copy 2.jpg

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 9:05 PM Post #32,130 of 63,929
Well, then I am back to my EDR1 recommendation.

Basically, here are your sub-$12 KZ choices ($12 is what the ZST used to cost anyways):

Out of those, I would go with 1) EDR1, 2) ATR, 3) ED9, 4) EDR2, or 5) HDS3 (in that order).

Unless you venture out of the KZ brand, and then I would recommend the UiiSii CM5 for $12.

Or lemme ask this - what kind of prices are you finding the ZST at (and from where)?

I'm finding them with the same price tag as you, around those 12 bucks.

Thanks, i think i'll go with the EDR1 then, it's available in a warehouse near me and i don't have enough time to order something that is only available in china.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back