Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 13, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #30,556 of 63,917
Because 5 > 4

I’m with you though. The empty space inside of the ZS6 for the BA would have been a no-brainer. And just tinker with the models of BA in the nozzle and the crossover to tune out the sharp treble.

Yeah but 2DD + 3BA still makes 5. A solid and well-rounded 5. :)

I love that punch that certain iem's give, so when i found out that the zs10 was 1dd + 4ba i was dissapointed, but still had hope that somehow they could tune them to compensate the lack of a second DD.

The ZS10 just seems like a downwgrade to me, the ZS6 had metalic body and beautiful vents imo, 2DD, easily opened with screws, how did they reach the point of not having any of this in the ZS10, but still make them more expensive?

Meanwhile, anyone that got the ZS6 recently can confirm if it has the nozzle tip?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #30,557 of 63,917
I just picked up a zs6 for Dad and have it on the desk, what am I looking for in the way of Nozzle tip?

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #30,559 of 63,917
The most sad thing about it is that even lows of the zs6 is not enought for me. So, it looks like the zs10 is gonna be a real dissapointment for me :frowning2:

Are you using EQ? Just curious what your baseline is for amounts of bass.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #30,560 of 63,917
Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #30,561 of 63,917
Are you using EQ? Just curious what your baseline is for amounts of bass.
No eq - don't like it. I like to listen to headphones as they are.
I like how bass sounds in KZ ATE (1dd) (it's very nice but could be better to be honest) and Kinera bd005(1ad+1dd) (close to satisfaction).
And I agree with guys above that dd headphones have more bass power than hybrid headphones. But I'm still waiting for a miracle :)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #30,562 of 63,917
This thread (coupled with the price, naturally) has me seriously considering these for working out; but I do have some questions:

Has anyone tried the bluetooth module(s) with the ZST/ZSR/ZS6? If so, do you know what bluetooth codecs are supported?

I appear to have missed getting the ZSR in black on Amazon earlier today (green still available through Prime, though), but if the ZS6 is better, I'll spend the extra to get it (as long as the bluetooth works and is decent).

I know bluetooth isn't the best, but I would prefer it when I'm out on my bike or at the gym. I would also prefer these over, say, the MEE Electronics X7 Plus due to the fact that they have a replaceable cable (yes, I can get the M6 Pro and their bluetooth module too).

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #30,563 of 63,917
This thread (coupled with the price, naturally) has me seriously considering these for working out; but I do have some questions:

Has anyone tried the bluetooth module(s) with the ZST/ZSR/ZS6? If so, do you know what bluetooth codecs are supported?

I appear to have missed getting the ZSR in black on Amazon earlier today (green still available through Prime, though), but if the ZS6 is better, I'll spend the extra to get it (as long as the bluetooth works and is decent).

I know bluetooth isn't the best, but I would prefer it when I'm out on my bike or at the gym. I would also prefer these over, say, the MEE Electronics X7 Plus due to the fact that they have a replaceable cable (yes, I can get the M6 Pro and their bluetooth module too).

The v2 cable is just plain BT 4.2 - no aptX. I've used the KZ Bluetooth modules on the ZST, ZS3, ZSR, ZS5, and ZS6. I personally like it best on the ZST - you can't even tell it's bluetooth vs wired on the ZST.

It has a 3-4 hour battery life, although you will find that it can have poor range and sometimes EMI interference issues due to a defect in the antenna design. The antenna can be corrected via a mod though.

The TRN bluetooth cable is better than the KZ adapter. Twice the battery life, and supports aptX.

The best option is the Xiaomi BT Adapter IMO. It can be used on any headphone, has high quality construction, and is super small (about the size of AA battery).

So if I had to rate them, it would be Xiaomi > TRN > KZ

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #30,564 of 63,917

I tried the ZSR and zs6, I personally like the zs6 better, but it has to be with foam tips otherwise treble is too much.

As for the Bluetooth module it's decent, I'm talking about the one with aptX support. Can't talk about battery life though

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #30,565 of 63,917
I tried the ZSR and zs6, I personally like the zs6 better, but it has to be with foam tips otherwise treble is too much.

As for the Bluetooth module it's decent, I'm talking about the one with aptX support. Can't talk about battery life though
The v2 cable is just plain BT 4.2 - no aptX. I've used the KZ Bluetooth modules on the ZST, ZS3, ZSR, ZS5, and ZS6. I personally like it best on the ZST - you can't even tell it's bluetooth vs wired on the ZST.

It has a 3-4 hour battery life, although you will find that it can have poor range and sometimes EMI interference issues due to a defect in the antenna design. The antenna can be corrected via a mod though.

The TRN bluetooth cable is better. Twice the battery life, and supports aptX.

I assume it's this cable that you're referring to?

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #30,566 of 63,917

Consider simply a bluetooth receiver, you got some cheap ones that support aptX, and you have something like the fiio BTR1

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #30,567 of 63,917
I assume it's this cable that you're referring to?

That one says BT 4.1, so it could be the older TRN version.

There's 2 TRN versions; 1 doesn't have aptX, and the other has BT 4.2 and aptX. Not sure if there's any way to visually tell them apart though (and I'm also not sure if the non-aptX one is BT 4.1 or 4.2).

If I was doing it all over again though, I would skip them all and just stick with the Xiaomi Adapter. 1 universal adapter and you're done. No aptX though, but I don't care as I don't use Android.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #30,569 of 63,917
That one says BT 4.1, so it could be the older TRN version.

There's 2 TRN versions; 1 doesn't have aptX, and the other has BT 4.2 and aptX. Not sure if there's any way to visually tell them apart though (and I'm also not sure if the non-aptX one is BT 4.1 or 4.2).

If I was doing it all over again though, I would skip them all and just stick with the Xiaomi Adapter. 1 universal adapter and you're done.

I'm seeing that. Doesn't look like the new one is on Amazon (yet) based on the Q&A, though.

I will look into an adapter like that. I was hoping to not have the long cord (plus having the controls working would be nice). Not in a super big hurry, though, so I can take my time.

One additional and partially unrelated question: Which Comply tips work best with the ZSR/ZST/ZS6?

Apr 13, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #30,570 of 63,917
I'm seeing that. Doesn't look like the new one is on Amazon (yet) based on the Q&A, though.

I will look into an adapter like that. I was hoping to not have the long cord (plus having the controls working would be nice). Not in a super big hurry, though, so I can take my time.

One additional and partially unrelated question: Which Comply tips work best with the ZSR/ZST/ZS6?
T-500 works for zs6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back