Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 7, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #27,946 of 63,943
Zs3 is a very different fit than the ZS6. It fills your ear instead of sitting in your ear.

Feb 7, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #27,947 of 63,943
Zsr is closer to Zs3 than Zs6 in shape but for my ear not nearly as complete a fit. The Zs3 fits like it was made for my ear, the Zsr fits like it was made for somebody's ear, just not quite mine.

Feb 7, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #27,949 of 63,943
Zsr is closer to Zs3 than Zs6 in shape but for my ear not nearly as complete a fit. The Zs3 fits like it was made for my ear, the Zsr fits like it was made for somebody's ear, just not quite mine.
Zs3 is a very different fit than the ZS6. It fills your ear instead of sitting in your ear.

Okay most seems to be really happy with the ZS3 fit. How about the ES3, can anyone make a comparison?

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #27,950 of 63,943
I find the es3 to be about like the Zst. not that they are the same shape but just that they fit, but not very snugly and with a few gaps.

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #27,951 of 63,943
Did anybody get some of the 'hard' KZ Starlines (black)? My ZS6 came with really hard Starlines that hurt my ears really bad. I found a pair of the old grey ones from the ZST's and they're so much better, and create a much better seal.

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #27,952 of 63,943
Okay most seems to be really happy with the ZS3 fit. How about the ES3, can anyone make a comparison?

The best way to wear the ZST or ES3 is with silicone earhooks like this. Mine are very comfortable and only second to the ZS3. You can find them on AliExpress or Amazon.

71vcibDieJL.jpg
71rxUId73+L.jpg
6141v8n5VqL._SL1600_-1.jpg

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #27,953 of 63,943
Did anybody get some of the 'hard' KZ Starlines (black)? My ZS6 came with really hard Starlines that hurt my ears really bad. I found a pair of the old grey ones from the ZST's and they're so much better, and create a much better seal.

Agreed. The grey ones are softer and more comfortable. Apparently, KZ modified the recipe, which is unfortunate.

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #27,954 of 63,943
Agreed. The grey ones are softer and more comfortable. Apparently, KZ modified the recipe, which is unfortunate.
Yeah the new ones are truly hot garbage. If KZ is reading this or anyone could pass it on, the softer ones were much better.

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #27,955 of 63,943
The ones that were gray and translucent (the ones that came with my ZST) were a bit too hard for my ears. The starline tips were more like spikes in my ears. The ZS5 v1 and v2 I've got had a completely opaque but softer rubber compound for the starline tips which were more comfortable for me.

I just got another ZS5 in my hand which was shipped out in late January. I guess I'll open it up and check and see if it's any different.

edit: They're the same soft opaque black starlines.

edit 2: They're still V2's. Got a bit sizzle in the S's. I still like my V1s better for sure.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #27,956 of 63,943
The ones that were gray and translucent (the ones that came with my ZST) were a bit too hard for my ears. The starline tips were more like spikes in my ears. The ZS5 v1 and v2 I've got had a completely opaque but softer rubber compound for the starline tips which were more comfortable for me.

I just got another ZS5 in my hand right now which was shipped out in late January. I guess I'll open it up and check and see if it's any different.

I also have the opaque ones that came with the ZS5v1's and they're good.My ZST starlines and earlier are good and soft. ZS6 were hard and unbearable.

Feb 7, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #27,958 of 63,943

The black ones seem to soften as they break in - it just takes a few weeks.

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #27,959 of 63,943
The black ones seem to soften as they break in - it just takes a few weeks.

I can't have them in my ears for more than 30 minutes at a time the pain is so intense, so there unfortunately can't really be a break in period.

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #27,960 of 63,943
Interesting the different responses to the KZ Starlines. Personally I've only been purchasing KZ since this past summer. I find the Starlines a bit firmer than the really dirt cheap smooth tips included in the more inexpensive KZ models but not so firm that I'd describe them as either stiff or hard. In fact I liked them enough to purchase additional sets to toss on the pile-o-tips I keep around for tip rolling. I prefer the fit and comfort of the KZ Whirlwind over the Starlines but it depends on the IEM which is the better sounding choice. I've only ever seen the Starlines in black and the Whirlwinds in blue + clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back