1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. bsoplinger
    Although you're asking for T400 (4.9mm) size may I suggest instead you consider the T300 (4.5mm) size instead? The lack of any real sort of lip has me leaving the larger diameter foamies behind in my ears. The slightly smaller nozzle diameter of the tip means it'll grip the IEM nozzle better. This seller offers other quantities and sizes including T200 (4.0mm) size which you can still fit into the ZS6 nozzle and it should reduce the treble a bit because of the narrower nozzle. Whether you like the reduction or not is why I suggested the larger T300 which is still smaller than the ZS6 nozzle. The seller will also customize your order, ie just medium, only red, half medium and half large, etc.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8-p...iber-Ear-Pads-cap-memory-ear/32837429305.html

2. DocHoliday

To my knowledg the only way we learned about the ZS5(ii) is because of published imagery.

Original image:
    ZS5 version 1.jpg zs5-5-1.jpg
    Subsequent image:
    ZS5 version 2b.jpg HTB12fB1XiERMeJjy0Fcq6A7opXaX.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  3. B9Scrambler
    @CoiL The ZSR's shells would be great for you I think. They're quite large so you'd have lots of room for modding. One of your custom backplates would likely slim it down considerably too, and of course look completely bad@$$ :D

CoiL and Podster like this.
  4. HaNs SuPeR
    interested in this mod.

How do you adhere the new stainless mesh screens ?
    Is there enough glue left from the red screens or do you need to add more ?

Thanks

5. Mellowship
    The stainless mesh screens come with its own glue on the edge. :wink:

6. HaNs SuPeR
    Ah ha, thanks.

Maybe silly question, but do these screens ever come off and get stuck in peoples' ears ?

7. Mellowship
    Not so silly. I too was afraid of that incident!
    Never happened, though.
    Nevertheless, I gently pressed around the mesh with the roundest edge of the caliper I used to put them on, and tested thoroughly if by any chance they would unglue themselves and come out.
    Bottom line is, it's safe.

8. ivo001
    The ZS5 I got i just use with the upgrade cable. Since it is the most expensive I have out of the KZ line-up i'm not gonna use it for gym. And the ZS3 got a very good firm fit, the ZST slipped a few times out of my ear when I was doing some bench press etc.

9. HiFiChris Contributor
    The Knowledge Zenith guys are quite clever - while their older models with permanently attached cables cable with actually pretty decent (although slightly sticky) cables, the new models with removable cables are equipped with rather low quality cables, which is a smart trick to get their customers to also buy one of their upgrade cables that don't only look great but are also very flexible (and super inexpensive for how good they are - although it seems like the people who solder the pins sometimes don't give an eff about the polarity and which side is which).

DocHoliday and Podster like this.
  10. HaNs SuPeR
    Good to hear.
    Thanks.

Just ordered the Dust Shell Stainless Screens.
    I had them in my cart last night before actually purchasing them.
    The seller messaged me and said because of the Spring Festival in China the shop will basically be closed for a bit.
    He said best to order by Feb. 9th

11. Podster
    Both good choices but my KZ Bass Bomber is my ZSN1 Mini's:wink: Don't know what it is about them but they do ring my bell:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Garden Hose Anyone.jpg

If no one has ever caught these guys in concert before I highly recommend seeing them:wink:

12. canzz
    Thank you so much! I think I will end up ordering a few to try myself. Have you tried the KZ ES3? It seems to be less sibilant as well...

https://www.aproear.co.uk/ seems like an awesome website for reference! I already have few more option on top of your suggestions (Moreblue DM8, QKZ DM300, Fonge T01) also curious about the Tinaudio T2, which seems to VERY bright but review mentions "the vocals are warm and a little more ‘real’ when compared to the KZ ZS5 for instance" which made me curious..

Another one that grabbed my attention is Tiandrenhe TD08, which seems to be well-fitting to my initial requirements and B9 speaks so highly of it. I should research further on this one I guess :)

Both ATE-S and ZS6 are still on burn-in and I think comply tips will arrive tomorrow. I will post updates !!

13. bsoplinger
    Vocals can be considered as midrange, especially male ones so it is possible to have warm vocals but still have shrill highs which is what I take the word bright to mean when mentioning sound.

14. Wiljen
    I think the term shrill is a bit harsh. Bright can be a good thing if not over done just like most other things. Slightly elevated treble tends to make music sound more vibrant and enhances the perception of detail. Overly bright is where harsh, or shrill, or sibilant becomes more synonymous. Its all a matter of degree.

groucho69 and DocHoliday like this.
  15. canzz
    Its not like the ZS6 but it still bothers me a little on some tracks. It is still on burn-in and I am still waiting for the comply tips and will post updates here!

I am curious about the ZS3 fit. Is it much different than the ZS6 (I know ZS6 housing is a little smaller than the ZS5 but thats all I know). Have you had chance to try the ES3? A comparison with ES3 and ZS6 fit would help me a lot.

Thank you for the clarification! Still learning :)