1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. nihontoman
    I'm just waiting for KZ to sell some planar IEMS for 60$ :D

2. DocHoliday

Thanks for the......tip.

Usually, the olive-shaped eartips don't seal well for me. I find that these work better for me.
    You just know those white ones are going on my black ZSR'S and on the white ZSR's whenever they are released.
    71V0+BFmb6L._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078...ds=TENNMAK&dpPl=1&dpID=51Sqh-+7i0L&ref=plSrch

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. mrmoto050
    I have a Black Pair of the ZS6's and just purchased some grey ones, they are definitely different , seem more balanced soundstage (JMO)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0774M4G84/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Also bought some Blue ZS5's and they sound different than my Grey ones (JMO) here is a picture of the inner workings
    [​IMG]
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0725Q26XW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HungryPanda and DocHoliday like this.
  4. DocHoliday

Thanks for this post. It's definitely good to hear that the ZS6 sound signature may be refined even further.
    How is the treble on your new ZS6 compared to your original ZS6?
    How is the midrange (fuller/thinner) on your new ZS6 compared to your original ZS6?
    How is the bass on your new ZS6 compared to your original ZS6?

Also, tell us, when did you pick up your first (grey) ZS5 and is it a ZS5(i) or (ii)?
    What are the differences you hear between your older ZS5 and your newer ZS5?

Thanks for your impressions and input because we all really want to know.

These tracks should serve as a good test bed, then everyone with a ZS5 like yours and a ZS6 like yours can listen to these same tracks and relate to your description.

This way we are all on the same page. Take your time. No rush.

Thanks again.

Does the treble just go off the charts forcing reduced volume?

Does the bass get muddy as the track gets progressively more complex?

Which ZS6 and which ZS5 has more definition and slam in the bass region?

Is there any sibilance?

Timbre/tone.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    ShakyJake likes this.
  5. mrmoto050
    Hey Doctor, what artist is that Masterworks "Ascension"? Just curious

6. mrmoto050
    I will try and do some comparisons this weekend, I don't have time now. I also want to open them up and see if there is anything different or I am just brain dreaming.

DocHoliday likes this.
  7. DocHoliday
    Masterworks Collection: Ascension by Otello.
    2 hour mix of Classic Progressive Trance.

Masterworks Collection Ascension.png Masterworks Collection Frozen.png

I'll try to upload it somewhere (SoundCloud, YouTube, etc.) and link later.

The opening track on Masterworks Collection: Ascension is this track:

The closing track on Masterworks Collection: Ascension is this track.

The way I get my fix is Masterworks Collections laid-back vibe and energetic vibe in juxtaposition simultaneously for two hours.

Breakout those ES3s and feel it!

It never gets old.

groucho69 likes this.
  8. barocka
    We are looking forward.

9. CoiL
    Where can I order those tips to EU? RHA doesn`t seem to deliver to Estonia.
    Seriously, imho it is pseudo issue. I have both sizes and really can`t make much difference! Those cheapo female 2-pins might even have bigger tolerances than 0.03mm does!
    Anyway, if someone really has such "loose" problem with 2-pin - just bend pins slightly and it is secure again :wink:

Btw, don`t want to be rude but those music preferences and video links are kind of annoying (please put them into spoiler at least).

Another thing... I got my latest ATR from GB and I might be wrong, but it sounds closer to ATE 5th gen and not so "dry" sounding as 1st gen (early ones). To me, latest ATR sounds slightly better and refined/natural. Maybe it is just batch difference or KZ QC but they are darn great IEMs for just 4$ ....insane! ;P

Infected Mushroom and riffrafff like this.
  10. nkramer
    +1 doc.
    i have a ton of old orbital grooves podcasts (DJ mixes) circa 2005-6+ (lots of good stuff)

DocHoliday likes this.
  11. hakuzen
    CoiL likes this.
  12. mrmoto050
    Thanks

13. Willber
    HungryPanda and CoiL like this.
  14. bsoplinger
    Although the main URL is USA the info is for all their resellers. The little luggage icon (or briefcase :briefcase:) is for online stores. There's a Europe listed, perhaps that will work for you.

https://www.rha-audio.com/us/retailers

CoiL likes this.
  15. DocHoliday

Again, take your time and thank you. This will be priceless information for the whole community. ......but, not pressure .....LOL