Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 12, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #26,836 of 63,885
Original BT cable (v2) has no APT-X and has this audioprofile:
"Audio SBC (44100 48000 | Stereo JointStereo | block: 12 16 | subbands: 8 | allocation: Loudness | bitpool: 2..52)"
and phone choses configuration
"Audio SBC (44100 | JointStereo | block: 16 | subbands: 8 | allocation: Loudness | bitpool: 19..52)"

BTW, BT cable reports about 2 possible configurations (audio profiles), but they are the same, may be there is an error in firmware and second one should be APT-X.

Pizen cable arrives soon (Started customs clearance process)

Apparantly ATP-x sounds better then other alternatives according to articles on the internet, so I assume that bt-cable with atp-x is the most interesting proposition. Thanks!

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #26,839 of 63,885
Aside from the LP series headphones which not many own, KZ mainly only deals in iem's.
For chi-fi headphones, check out this thread.
what price range are you looking for? Does it matter if it is closed back or open/semi open?

I like mine old Philips SBC HP800, but they are worse than KZ ZST, KZ ES3.

Any tips for about $20, $20-40 range, $40-$60 range?

In $60 I am interesting in Philips-SHP9500S, but never heard them and do not know if the are close to ES3...

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #26,840 of 63,885

These impressions makes me way less concerned. I was worried of them being treble cannons. "Boring", "monitor sound", and mentions to zs6 in airyness seems ok to me.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #26,841 of 63,885
20180112004328.jpg http://sor4t0ru.hatenablog.com/entry/2018/01/12/010050

Guys, look at this Review of ZSR in a japanese blog. Just use Google Translator to read the page.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #26,842 of 63,885
These impressions make way less concerned. I was worried of them being treble cannons. "Boring", "monitor sound", and mentions to zs6 in airyness seems ok to me.
Me too.

Jan 12, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #26,844 of 63,885
Not sure when my ZSR will arrive, but was ordered a couple weeks back so it should be one of the first US arrivals. Shame to see all these discounts already.

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #26,845 of 63,885
Not sure when my ZSR will arrive, but was ordered a couple weeks back so it should be one of the first US arrivals. Shame to see all these discounts already.
I know what you mean. I paid a lot more for my ZS5 than what it goes for now. The price of being an early adopter, I guess.

Jan 12, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #26,846 of 63,885
Can someone confirm this, I've been messing with some KZ cables and lost track of +/- somewhere along the way.

The exact polarity when you have IEM in your ears is this and obviously R-L branding is not facing your head?
Left side positive towards front, negative back
Right side negative towards front, positive back

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #26,847 of 63,885
Can someone confirm this, I've been messing with some KZ cables and lost track of +/- somewhere along the way.

The exact polarity when you have IEM in your ears is this and obviously R-L branding is not facing your head?
Left side positive towards front, negative back
Right side negative towards front, positive back

Look where the 2 pins are and there should be a half circle and that marries up with the same on the IEM.

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #26,848 of 63,885

I know what you mean. I paid a lot more for my ZS5 than what it goes for now. The price of being an early adopter, I guess.

I'm not surprised by the pricing. It really has pretty much followed what happened with the release of the ZS6. High, exclusive price initially followed by a bit of a discount followed rather quickly by bigger discounts. I know that by the time I received the first ZS6 I purchased (shipped using their America Line SF) the reduced price deals had just started to appear. That's why I waited to order this new product.

Jan 13, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #26,850 of 63,885
The ZSR sure does have a moniter like sound~. Its not like a don-shyari kind of sound. Its more of a warm, mid to high range. The high-peak is annoying/disturbing, but "edging" it makes it bearable. [I don't know what he means by "edging". EQing? Burn in?] The airy feeling [not sure if he means soundstage] is expressed well, and the parts where the zs6 did too much of are held back, and the good parts were brought out. These iems get the job done! [This last sentence is probably wordplay/a joke; "採用 is used when employing someone for a job, so taking this sentence literally doesn't make too much sense]

"The ZSR does have a monitor like sound. It's not like an ultra v-shaped kind of sound. It's more mid to high with a sense of a warmth. The high-peak is there, but somehow can be tamed with burn-in.
The airy feeling is good, and it managed to put my overworked ZS6 into the drawer. These IEM's did very well and now became my daily drivers."

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back