1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Viber
    I should get the ZSR this week. I'll try to post early impressions before the actual review.

paulindss likes this.
  2. MyPants
    Hey y'all, long time lurker here. I'll get into a proper intro later but I'm finally breaking silence to ask a modding question.

I know the ZS3 uses a 6mm driver, and thus can accept other 6mm dynamics as drop-in replacements. Is there any reason they wouldn't fit the Knowles SR-32453-000? It appears to be a full-range entry-level balanced armature in a 6.4mm round package with a perfect front cover for accommodating the sound tube.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/knowles/SR-32453-000/423-1406-ND/5414411

In theory it could be a very cheap, easy, and interesting way to get started modding.

3. Wiljen
    My ZSR is due to arrive tomorrow - Got the DHL text today Woohoo!!! Looking forward to this and a couple others I need to review. Meanwhile I still haven't written up the Bingle FB60 which deserves way more attention than it is getting. Yes ,it is a V shaped commercial tuning but a $15 bluetooth headset that has not dropped one time in a month of use is quite a rare bird. They certainly got BT implementation right and the cable alone is worth the $15 if looking for a cheap BT earbud to make a mmcx cable out of.

hydroid and paulindss like this.
  4. AKMW44
    Hi nines developed loosed audio cable connection, hopefully a bit of glue might sort it, has anyone else done this??? or has anyone got a green pair for sale.

5. CoiL
    1. That BA driver FR ends @ 8.8kHz, which is "bad" and needs another hi-freq BA upwards from 8.8kHz, thus, making implementation harder. Also crossover might be needed.
    2. ZS3 shells take very well even 8mm drivers but thing is - just dropping in another driver doesn`t "make" anything, You need knowledge about nozzle/shells implementation and how to "tune" it all.

For starters, I recommend to start with single DD and maybe then add BA into mix.

riffrafff likes this.
  6. Willber
    They look interesting, so I've just ordered some. Thanks for the heads up.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bin...tproof-Headphone-Bass-Earbud/32828943531.html

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  7. NeonHD
    Ohh guess I was wrong, these are definitely the fonge T01 then, not the ES3. Still I can't wait to see how this $3 IEM will sound.

8. gwompki
    KZ ZSR flash sale happening now at GB. $16.99USD. Snagged a pair for myself.

9. Willber
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  10. hydroid
    Looking forward to your ZSR's initial impressions and final review in the future.. :) Sorry guys though, I can't control myself to post some actual photos I've seen somewhere., the shell is a thing of beauty indeed..lol.. pair it with a decent 2-pin cable will make it look more even better..
    TB2_fpUeRfM8KJjSZFOXXXr5XXa_!!0-rate.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  11. hydroid
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    WalterTorino likes this.
  12. handwander
    The "first 20 units for 9.99" sale is active but the price increases back to normal when I add the ZSR's to my cart. Not sure if I was too slow but the price on the main page is still the promo price.

13. HUGO SILVA
    I also could not, the price changed when I went to the cart. = /

14. handwander
    Ah well, we have more than one day to try again at least!

WalterTorino likes this.
  15. AKMW44
    Hi, when trying to get the deal on gearbest do we just put in cart and see or is there a code.??