Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 17, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #25,186 of 64,396
Can you send me a few of those triangle shaped cases, I could really use them? Cool, thanks man.
https://www.aliexpress.com/af/trian...e_asc&g=y&SearchText=triangle+headphones+case
I can't find it, but I recall someone mentioned that a Headfier had sanded down some edges on their ZS5 to make them more comfortable...is there a write up on it? How sandable are the ZS5?
@oyobass is the head-fi'er with first-hand experience of sanding the ZS5s down, but the more aggressive sanding jobs came from posts on HEEP iirc.

And they're not super hard plastic either, I polished off the sharpest edges with just a fingernail.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #25,188 of 64,396
Use .78mm 2 pin cable with KZ .75mm?

Has anyone tried this, which would entail forcing the .78mm into the .75mm slots? Can the KS slots take the forcing OK?

If this is possible this opens up a whole world of other cables to use with the KS IEM.
Yes, it works, but the connector will stretch out (and you might have to work to make that happen, possibly even requiring additional careful work with a small pin or similar) - usually stretching enough that the stock 0.72mm and 0.75mm pin KZ cables won't fit securely after using a 0.78mm pin cable.

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #25,189 of 64,396
Yes, it works, but the connector will stretch out (and you might have to work to make that happen, possibly even requiring additional careful work with a small pin or similar) - usually stretching enough that the stock 0.72mm and 0.75mm pin KZ cables won't fit securely after using a 0.78mm pin cable.

Thanks! Very helpful! I'll probably try soon on my ZS5 -- before the ZS6.

I'll post something after I do it to share the results.

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #25,190 of 64,396
https://www.aliexpress.com/af/triangle-headphones-case.html?site=glo&groupsort=ow of claifor1&SortType=price_asc&g=y&SearchText=triangle+headphones+case

@oyobass is the head-fi'er with first-hand experience of sanding the ZS5s down, but the more aggressive sanding jobs came from posts on HEEP iirc.

And they're not super hard plastic either, I polished off the sharpest edges with just a fingernail.
good info, thanks. I have some ZS5 inbound (I'm curious to see how long it takes to get from China to my little weird elbow of California) I have concerns about fit ...but if they are a softer plastic, I am good with materials..

Nov 17, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #25,191 of 64,396
good info, thanks. I have some ZS5 inbound (I'm curious to see how long it takes to get from China to my little weird elbow of California) I have concerns about fit ...but if they are a softer plastic, I am good with materials..
A few other things that have been shared in relation to sanding them: they're not particularly thick plastic, so you'll want to go slowly and possibly even consider a build up & remove process if you want to make larger changes. Also be sure to cover the hidden side vents lest they get mucked up with plastic dust. :wink:

Nov 18, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #25,192 of 64,396
Bought the zs6 for 19.99 + 1.4 shipping from gearbest on 16th Nov.. I couldn't just let go of that deal. :)

Also bought the second pair of Zs3 for $2.99 + $1.4 shipping yesterday.. :ksc75smile:

Both using GB coupons

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #25,197 of 64,396
The new KZ ZS6 are absolutely great! I wrote a review about them. Can guys let me know what you think of it?

http://earphoneking.com/kz-zs6-review-quad-drivers-blow-away/

Nicely written review... and I agree... the zs6 are great! I am a bit annoyed though because now I wonder why I have so many others...although it is nice to have ones that I can just put straight in. I do have to take some time with over ear wires and when I take them out I have to untangle them from my hair. So, once I have them in, I hate to be interrupted! One night I listened with them for 5 hours without stopping. I was enjoying my music too much to stop. The plug thing is very personal... I actually prefer straight plug ends. Maybe I am the only one. I wish that when ordering replacement cables there would be a choice of straight vs 90 degree.

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #25,200 of 64,396

Users who are viewing this thread

Back