Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 18, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #25,216 of 63,932
Yeah I think we saw that coming. Maybe they will introduce a new color...how about deep purple?

I love the shade of green they used. Happy to have mine.

I would buy these in a metallic deep purple/galaxy for $50 in a second even if they sounded worse than the ZS5v1's.

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #25,218 of 63,932
Greens are available on amazon prime by the way. I just picked up a pair of black ones.

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #25,219 of 63,932
Given the famous treble harshness of the ZS6, didn't Miles Davis' trumpet sound too shrilling at times?
As far as i remember... at the moderate non painful sound pressure NO (with foamies). Just very bright. Much more problematic for me is definitely humans voice and the letter T and S in words and sentencies.

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #25,221 of 63,932
Yeah, that's why I posted it as a quote instead of just copying all the text. Figured folks who just are reading here might be curious about my solution but anyone else could just ignore it Since I don't always take my travel pillow with me when I travel, and doesn't that feel odd to write , I do keep an eye out for tiny phones. I currently use the Senzer H1 for sleeping without my travel pillow. The cable makes me afraid it'll break but hasn't yet. And for <$15 from Amazon with 2 day delivery I can always get another.

Is the Senzer any good? The reviews aren't great but the form factor is perfect for sleeping

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #25,222 of 63,932
You do know that both IEMs have got totally different sound signatures, don't you?
Funny thing is that after I received a pair of red ones (having listened to the green ZS6's for weeks) I honestly believe the red ones sound better. I don't know if it is just a different batch or what

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #25,223 of 63,932
I ended up with two green ones as one came in a gearbest lucky bag. The second ones went to my wife

Wow, your wife sounds pretty cool. I'm sure she appreciated that :)

Nov 18, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #25,224 of 63,932
Wow, your wife sounds pretty cool. I'm sure she appreciated that :)

Lol...I am sure she continues to appreciate that.

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #25,225 of 63,932
IlS3TUA.jpg

Loving my ZS6 after burn-in + foam tips + better cables. Tamed the treble and it sounds amazing now.

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #25,226 of 63,932
Is the Senzer any good? The reviews aren't great but the form factor is perfect for sleeping

I actually got the Senzer H1 because of Vidal's positive review. I had not thought about it for sleeping. Just checked the fit...sticks out too far for side sleeping.

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #25,227 of 63,932
Funny thing is that after I received a pair of red ones (having listened to the green ZS6's for weeks) I honestly believe the red ones sound better. I don't know if it is just a different batch or what

I believe that this could be the case. At first, people were seriously bashing the ZS6 as it had too much of a treble spike but impressions have changed drastically. Yes, people still find them harsh and that is why there are lots of foam tips posts, but nothing like when they first came out. KZ has done this in the past, ZS5v1 and v2 being the example, but this time they might have changed stuff in terms of crossover and how loud the BAs are - very hard to detect on a massive scale obviously. This is speculation on my part. I guess the proof would be to get gray version and compare it to earliest of green ones.

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #25,228 of 63,932
It does not sound like either version of the ZS5 nor ZS6. But I think they sound surprisingly good considering I could get them in 2 days for $12 from Amazon. As far as for sleeping you have to remember my somewhat unique pillow arrangement. Honestly I could side sleep with something that stuck out from my ear by an inch with my pillow. I will say I've used them while napping or sleeping without my pillow arrangement just fine. Your fit and comfort may be different. I wear them inserted into my ear practically to the cord which I think isn't the norm. If you've read this thread in the last 6 weeks you'll have seen me trying all sorts of tips for comfort because I most definitely either have odd ear pathways or wear them atypically or both.

Nov 18, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #25,230 of 63,932
I can't remember if this was posted here already, but KZ has discontinued the green ZS6 (likely due to pressure from 'a 3rd party').

So if you have been on the fence about them, pick a set up while there's still time.
If any folks could post a pointer to where to get a pair of these for under $30 it'd be nice. Xmas is coming up and I already have a red set. Figure I'll make holiday 'phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back