Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 20, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #17,251 of 64,386

No insult intended to CA owners - the real deal are sexy as heck.

The KZ, being plastic with no bolts, reminds me of a primitive stone tool or flint arrowhead, painted with glittery spray paint.

I think they look pretty good, just not a fan of the color choice. That design seems like it would be better suited to darker colors; black, blood red, dark purple, etc. 

Regardless of what they look like, I'll be scooping up a set once they're available. Fingers crossed they avoid the QC issues first experienced with the ZS3 and ZST when they were initially released.

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #17,252 of 64,386
The blacks one look ok. With a faster mod for sure. :D

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #17,253 of 64,386
Yay, my ZS3, ZST finally arrived from GearBest 
o2smile.gif

Right now, I'm listening to the ZS3 with New Bee red/pink foam tips (also from GB) and KZ silver cables (from eBay)

Driving them with Chord Mojo, these ZS3 are awesome, 2 steps up from Xiaomi Hybrid! Xiaomi's bass become bloated, droning out mids when driving with low impedance amp. No such problem with the ZS3.

They worth every penny!

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #17,254 of 64,386
o2smile.gif

Right now, I'm listening to the ZS3 with New Bee red/pink foam tips (also from GB) and KZ silver cables (from eBay)

Driving them with Chord Mojo, these ZS3 are awesome, 2 steps up from Xiaomi Hybrid! Xiaomi's bass become bloated, droning out mids when driving with low impedance amp. No such problem with the ZS3.

They worth every penny!

Yeah, ZS3 is definitely one of the cream of the cream KZs.

Apr 21, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #17,257 of 64,386
I don't think that's the real picture of the 2DD + 2BA.  The plug is the one from ZS3 (even has the slanted rounded edge).  I guess they just want to tell you it's a 2 pin housing like ZS3/ZST.  But here's hoping they use a UE type housing to provide more compatibility.

But if that's the real thing, I think it looks ok, altho I'm not a fan of that color either.  Oh well, as long as it sounds good...!

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #17,258 of 64,386
ive owned kz ate and kz zs3, i found both of them too bassy, kz zs3 is nice but too much bass quantity. which kz earphone should i get?? prefer warm sound sig.

+1 ZST. Also ATR is very good.

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #17,261 of 64,386
Photoshop or real? Don't remember seeing that model must be discontinued.

Apr 21, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #17,264 of 64,386
o2smile.gif

They worth every penny!

mojo with kz?  won't it be a waste?

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #17,265 of 64,386
A question: how are ZST compare to ZS3, especially in the bass department? I have a Presonus HD7 (Superlux 681 rebrand) hooked onto a cheapo SMSL SD-793II DAC/amp and I really like the bass on those. Which one of the two KZs match it? Also, the treble on Presonus/681 is too damn piercing for my taste, so I'd prefer the ones with more tamed highs...some comments here say that ZSTs can get plenty bright?

Just to add, I mostly listen to metal and rock but other genres too, so I don't mind a bit of bass (not the basshead levels, tho, I like it fast and tight). I'll probably get one of the DAPs from Benjie's lineup so I'm looking for some sub-30$ IEMs to pair it with...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back