Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 20, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #17,238 of 63,917
Turn down the bass on your eq or try the ATR or ED9(bronze filter).

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #17,240 of 63,917
I'll relisten but I thought it was neautral. Could also try the ED3 (silver one) not acme.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #17,242 of 63,917
ive owned kz ate and kz zs3, i found both of them too bassy, kz zs3 is nice but too much bass quantity. which kz earphone should i get?? prefer warm sound sig.

Probably ZSTs

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #17,243 of 63,917
  I never considered myself treble-sensitive, but to me the ZSTs have the most unbearable treble i've ever heard. and i've listened to bright headphones (think ATH-MSR7)... i wonder if something is wrong with the ones i got...

that being said i find the ZSTs not only to be sibilant (on frikatives and on on affricates) but to sound sharp as a knife in general. Does anyone have an idea what tips to use to tame the treble, because i really like the soundstage and comfort and would like to use the ZSTs if the treble is under control?

Try using Auvio small silicone tips with red inner bore. It helps littlebit. But still, while I think ZST is most sonically capable KZ IEM, it has slight spike in highs which makes them uncomfortable for long listening sessions and causes fatigue.
I will try some modding tricks soon with ZST and give some feedback if I accomplish.

Otherwise, personally I think best KZ IEM for long listening and musicality/dynamics is 5th gen KZ ATE.

Turn down the bass on your eq or try the ATR or ED9(bronze filter).

ATR is bassier than ATE tho.

Depends on which gen ATE? 5th Gen ATE has about same bass quantity as ATR but less detailed and smooth. ATE-S should have little more bass as ATE and ATR according to some impressions but You never know if it is from QC or different iterations.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #17,244 of 63,917
THE HYPE. IT CANNOT BE CONTAINED.

Edit : Hoping for some color options.

Also, it's missing the screws. The screws are a core part of the aesthetic.
Haha it's gonna be too obvious if the screw is there. Perhaps the design is patented already by CA ? Not very sure how the actual product will look coz by the selling price they've disclosed to me i'm afraid whether will it just be some plastic material instead of real metal alloy. Let's hope not

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #17,245 of 63,917
Haha it's gonna be too obvious if the screw is there. Perhaps the design is patented already by CA ? Not very sure how the actual product will look coz by the selling price they've disclosed to me i'm afraid whether will it just be some plastic material instead of real metal alloy. Let's hope not

The screws add a bit more flavour to the already very technical looking bud, but at that price i don't think i can be salty for it not having them. 

Im thinking it'll be metal. making a shell like that plastic and then coating it in a metal-looking paint isnt something they've done before - also they do have some other metal earphones like the RX or ED9 that are still sub $10.

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #17,246 of 63,917
Asked KZ about the connection type earlier today and they send me this.

Man that is ugly as all get out. Unless they offer it in clear, that's 1 KZ I won't be owning regardless of how good it sounds.

All it needs is some stick-on bling rhinestones to win the prize

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #17,247 of 63,917
ive owned kz ate and kz zs3, i found both of them too bassy, kz zs3 is nice but too much bass quantity. which kz earphone should i get?? prefer warm sound sig.

I would try the HDS1 or HDS3 if warm is what you're after.

Or ED9 with dull brass filter (but be warned it's incredibly bright if that's your thing).

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #17,249 of 63,917
  Man that is ugly as all get out. Unless they offer it in clear, that's 1 KZ I won't be owning regardless of how good it sounds.

All it needs is some stick-on bling rhinestones to win the prize

eek.gif
ugly, you do realize you just shoved a giant knife in the hearts of countless CA owners!

You want ugly, this right here is ugly and what's crazy is it actually sounds worse than it looks
blink.gif

If you really really hate someone just give them a pair of these babies
wink_face.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #17,250 of 63,917

eek.gif
ugly, you do realize you just shoved a giant knife in the hearts of countless CA owners!

No insult intended to CA owners - the real deal are sexy as heck.

The KZ, being plastic with no bolts, reminds me of a primitive stone tool or flint arrowhead, painted with glittery spray paint.

You want ugly, this right here is ugly and what's crazy is it actually sounds worse than it looks
blink.gif

If you really really hate someone just give them a pair of these babies
wink_face.gif

I agree - those are REALLY bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back