Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 21, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #17,267 of 63,835
2DD+2BA Under 30$? I also like the design, kinda.
Damn KZ will sell those like hotcakes, fingers crossed for something decent!

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #17,268 of 63,835
If anyone is interested there is 1 pair of Kz Grey cable for the ZSTs on eBay for less than 5 bucks. I ordered one cause it was so cheap. These were going for about 10 bucks each. Hurry. Hahaha

Apr 21, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #17,269 of 63,835
I've seen this iem before it's the campfire iem andromeda but kz copy cat the iem to be the latest zsr.
Those are gonna sell alot. I don't mind the design as long as the SQ is good.

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #17,271 of 63,835
I've seen this iem before it's the campfire iem andromeda but kz copy cat the iem to be the latest zsr.

Yup. And many users complain about the fitment of the Andromeda due to the sharp corners, which is why I'm not sure why KZ decided to copy it vs a more natural/organic shaped IEM. I mean, is the emphasis on the visual design or the sound (performance). Classic form vs function argument.

As they proved with the HDS2, flattery isn't always the sincerest form of compliment. The HDS2 was a blatant copy of the Yamaha EPH100, but the HDS2 sounded like a steaming pile of poo compared to the Yamaha.

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #17,272 of 63,835
Yup. And many users complain about the fitment of the Andromeda due to the sharp corners, which is why I'm not sure why KZ decided to copy it vs a more natural/organic shaped IEM. I mean, is the emphasis on the visual design or the sound (performance). Classic form vs function argument.

As they proved with the HDS2, flattery isn't always the sincerest form of compliment. The HDS2 was a blatant copy of the Yamaha EPH100, but the HDS2 sounded like a steaming pile of poo compared to the Yamaha.
i need they focus on sound and comfort not the design but they must invented their on design not like copy cat stuff like they did to zs3 shape similar to the stage driver iem it hurt the ears alot and I think they ran out of idea thinking about the shape and started to copy want they see nice and premium feel. Lastly i hope the material they are using on the newest iem will be all metal design and not plastic anymore if they want to copy they need to copy perfectly match to the andromeda and the sound too.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #17,273 of 63,835
i need they focus on sound and comfort not the design but i think they must invented their on design not like copy cat stuff like they did to zs3 shape similar to the stage driver iem it hurt the ears alot and I think they ran out of idea thinking about the shape and started to copy want they see nice and premium feel. Lastly i hope the material they are using on the newest iem will be all metal design and not plastic anymore if they want to copy they need to copy perfectly match to the andromeda and the sound too.
*just ignore it double quote mistake*

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #17,274 of 63,835
i need they focus on sound and comfort not the design but they must invented their on design not like copy cat stuff like they did to zs3 shape similar to the stage driver iem it hurt the ears alot and I think they ran out of idea thinking about the shape and started to copy want they see nice and premium feel. Lastly i hope the material they are using on the newest iem will be all metal design and not plastic anymore if they want to copy they need to copy perfectly match to the andromeda and the sound too.

Agreed.

I don't think it's going to be metal for $30 though.

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #17,276 of 63,835
The ZS3 is a copied shell from a German manufacturer if memory recalls correctly, but I can't remember the exact company.

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #17,277 of 63,835
Apr 22, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #17,279 of 63,835
90% of my music library is Metal & Rock of all flavors, and I really like how the ZSTs perform in those genres, but with some styles with more bassy beats, like industrial metal or even modern recordings of some bands, the ZS3 are just pure fun to listen, but the ideal sound signature for any music genre is always matter of personal tastes.

About the eartips, well this topic is even more personal (even physiological), I prefer the foam tips and thats what I use with these two models.

ZST's definitely have their strong genres. I find EDM to be a very poor performer on the (ridicukous highs, but I still don't have a better IEM for my regular Classic Rock/Rock. If you listen to the ZST's for a few days, the mids come out and the highs tone down a bit with your "brain burn in". They really are wonderful, but they have their strong genres.

Going from Tennmak Pro breaking after using it exclusively for the past 2 months, I picked the ZST's back up and indeed it was harsh highs. After about 2 days of using them, they turned into wonderful IEM's.

Tried the ATR's for awhile after my tennmaks broke for a more warm sound, they're just not great at all, between 3 pairs. They're missing important mids, they lack bass extension, they are missing high extension. They do have a good soundstage, but the signature is not great. For $4, they're a steal, but they're just...meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back