Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 22, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #17,296 of 64,009
  Rather than working on hybrids I would prefer for KZ to build a higher quality dynamic.

Something with better clarity and soundstage than their current range.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not sold on the BA train.

Dual dynamics with a proper crossover in the right shell is a hard combination to beat.

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #17,297 of 64,009
On release they had a ton of QC issues. Killed any excitement for them right away.

I wasn't aware of that. I have 2 pairs & both work great.

What sort of issues did they have with them? The typical KZ channel imbalance QC issues?

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #17,299 of 64,009
What is the difference Btwn the KZ HDS1 and KZ HDS3. Are those 3 grills open or closed?

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #17,300 of 64,009
  Don't recall exactly. You can find them if you feel like diving back into the deep depths of the thread, lol

Haha, no thanks - just curious that's all.

My 2 pairs work great, and that's all that ultimately matters.

Apr 22, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #17,301 of 64,009
No, I said it! Blame me :) Not far fetched though. They may have let it slip there though things change of course. Possibly they use nearly the same housing. One in plastic for the cheaper four driver one and metal for the ZSR. We'll know in about a month :)
You made a point there. This sounds very likely as i feel kinda impossible for a metal shell housing 4 drivers IEM to cost 199yuan only. But then again it's KZ, they're like the big name when it comes to price-performance. Just like the Xiaomi in smartphones, maybe the KZ too will turn the impossible into possible. Let's hope for it haha

Apr 22, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #17,302 of 64,009
You guys overestimate the production cost of these things haha.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #17,305 of 64,009

Rather than working on hybrids I would prefer for KZ to build a higher quality dynamic.

Something with better clarity and soundstage than their current range.

I very much agree with this having heard the TFZ Exclusive King briefly which i just got today. Instead of including more and more drivers in IEM, a well-tuned single dynamic driver IEM is often better or much more natural / linear sounding. It's actually harder to do a good dynamic driver IEM as it plays a lot with the acoustic between drivers & the whole sound chamber it sits in while it's easier to do simple crossover between different dynamic & BA drivers which kinda explains the trends in Chinese Audio nowadays. The technology in hybrid & crossovers are probably much more matured there in China too.

Is it worth getting when Magaosi K3 is close price range with very good reviews all over?

I couldn't agree more. I'm not sold on the BA train.

Dual dynamics with a proper crossover in the right shell is a hard combination to beat.

To what IEM are You referring to?

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #17,306 of 64,009

Not any one IEM in particular, but with a well executed crossover there's fine control over the frequencies.

Take the KZ ZS1 for example. 2 different sized DD, each with their own specific properties, all tied together with a crossover. I'm not saying the ZS1 is the 'ultimate' by any means - it was tuned the way it was by design. I'm just using it as an example of what I think was a good design configuration. With higher end drivers and a better shell, that setup could destroy these cookie cutter 'cram as many BAs as possible and hope for the best' hybrid setups.

I think the big revolution is going to come when graphene drivers become perfected & commonplace.

Apr 22, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #17,307 of 64,009
Is it worth getting when Magaosi K3 is close price range with very good reviews all over?

There are users experiencing quality control issues with the latest batch of magaosi k3 pros. Lots of discussion is happening on the K3 thread. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, hopefully it doesn't suffer from the issues people have been posting about.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #17,308 of 64,009

How is Tennmak Pro compared to ZST?

Completely different. Tennmak Pro is very warm, but a very good IEM. Easy on the ears with a good sound signature. No soundstage though. I preferred them to every KZ I have until they broke. I don't recommend them because of the QC. Both of my pairs are broken after 1 month, and it's at the cable end.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #17,309 of 64,009
  You guys overestimate the production cost of these things haha.

Wouldn't doubt if the top line of Noble audio products costs about $120 to make. The rest is all marketing to people who think changing unshielded cables makes a difference, and that burn in actually exists.

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #17,310 of 64,009
Wouldn't doubt if the top line of Noble audio products costs about $120 to make. The rest is all marketing to people who think changing unshielded cables makes a difference, and that burn in actually exists.

haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back