Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 5, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #6,226 of 63,836
So should i go for kz ed10 as my first kz iem ?

I own piston 3 but i feel it lacks bass..
How is ed10 compared to p3
pls anyone.. Need to order asap
Can't decide between ed9 and ed10

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

You can buy both ED9 and ED10, and can enjoy different sound, and explore more, enjoy the experience with experiments :)

P.S.: I do not own ED9 or ED10 (on its way from aliexpress, though) but I trust in KZ 

Sorry but i can't right now..
Can you tell what type of sound they both have so i can order one asap

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #6,227 of 63,836

Which is better and bassier
Ed9 or ed10 ?

ED10 is bassier. There's no better or worse since it's up to personal preference.

I would say ED9 with gold nozzles is bassier than ED10
rolleyes.gif
 Was expecting much more V-shaped signature as impressions suggested but thay are actually quite well balanced. Well, maybe it is QC issue but my pair of ED10 sounds very good and definitely has less bass than ED9 with gold nozzles. But it has little more bass than ED9 with brass nozzles and also not so bright/fatiguing highs. ED10 soundstage width and separation in that direction is also better than ED9. Comfort is also lot better than ED9.
Unless You like to change nozzles and sound signature, I would have no reason to prefer ED9 over ED10 if I`d buy it again.

IMHSO

Hello guys, 
I´ve been reading this thread for like 1-2 hours and you made me to buy one of those KZ headphones. I mainly listen to dnb, electro, rap, so I would prefer more bassy sound, I dont like too much bright sound. I have owned Piston 2 (dead), Sony MH1C (still got em, like their sound, but the cable/comfort isnt very well) and I also own Superlux HD 662. I would like to get a earphones, which sounds somewhere between MH1C and HD 662. I cant decide between ATE and ED10. Could someone compare their sound and comfort? I always wanted to try ATE´s "behind the ear construction" or however you want to call it, but also I like the ED10´s tips more and also I do like its desing. So my question is, how do these headphones sound compared to themselves? Or If someone could compare these IEMs to Sony MH1C, that would be also great. 

Btw I tried to find ED10 under the Official KZ Store, but it is probably out of stock. Where can I buy them now for the cheapest price? Is this seller legit? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-Brand-New-Original-KZ-ED10-3-5mm-In-Ear-Headset-Heavy-Bass-HIFI-DJ-Earphones/32373336369.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.1.9GOwgT&ws_ab_test=201407_4,201444_5,201409_3

Edit: Does the ED10 come with the add-onn ear hook stuff? 

Thanks for your help.

For those genres I would go with ED10 and it can also be worn over-ear.

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #6,228 of 63,836
How are ED10s mids and highs compared to brass ED9s? I ask so, because my ED9s are not sharp but rather warm sounding but people seem to find ED9 sharp, with lack of bass and ED10s should have not so sharp highs but because of the slight v-shape, its mids are not as clear as ED9s? Which of them is detail king by the way?

Sep 5, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #6,229 of 63,836
I think I have found new best tips for my woodie ANV and idk atm If I`m willing to give up them for "tour" anymore 
redface.gif

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141721545729?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=893821896051&rmvSB=true

Before I found best fit & sound with medium sized ED9 light-grey(not ED9 dark-grey tips) tips.
These new tips are with littlebit firmer and pointier shape silicone (but still soft) and larger bore.
I Rarely use medium sized tips due to my ear-canals being small/narrow but with ANV nozzle length and size it`s a must. 
It improved littlebit sub-bass quantity and thump.

I also find those new (but in smallest size) great with ED9 and ED10. Recommended buy for tip collection!
Posted this information to tip-rolling thread also: http://www.head-fi.org/t/726229/the-tip-rolling-iem-modification-thread/30#post_11893731

Sep 5, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #6,230 of 63,836
Hey everyone,

I just bought some KZ EDSE and all of the stock tips are pretty horrible. Can anyone recommend any alternative tips?

I have pretty small ear canals and temporarily replaced the tips with the XS tips from my Xiaomi Piston 3's. These XS tips are really comfy and seemed to have enhanced the bass. Would Comply TX400 in size Small work as extra tips?

Here's a pic:

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #6,231 of 63,836
I think I have found new best tips for my woodie ANV and idk atm If I`m willing to give up them for "tour" anymore 
redface.gif

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141721545729?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true&clk_rvr_id=893821896051&rmvSB=true

Before I found best fit & sound with medium sized ED9 light-grey(not ED9 dark-grey tips) tips.
These new tips are with littlebit firmer and pointier shape silicone (but still soft) and larger bore.
I Rarely use medium sized tips due to my ear-canals being small/narrow but with ANV nozzle length and size it`s a must. 

I also find those new (but in smallest size) great with ED9 and ED10. Recommended buy for tip collection!
Posted this information to tip-rolling thread also: http://www.head-fi.org/t/726229/the-tip-rolling-iem-modification-thread/30#post_11893731

Just wondering, when you removed the original anv backs, did you notice any increase in bass? I am comtemplating on whether to drill the back of stock anv shell to see if porting helps.

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #6,232 of 63,836
  Hey everyone,

I just bought some KZ EDSE and all of the stock tips are pretty horrible. Can anyone recommend any alternative tips?

I have pretty small ear canals and temporarily replaced the tips with the XS tips from my Xiaomi Piston 3's. These XS tips are really comfy and seemed to have enhanced the bass. Would Comply TX400 in size Small work as extra tips?

Here's a pic:

cool.gif
I like Sony Medium Hybrids the best on them (Green core).

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #6,233 of 63,836
redface.gif

cool.gif
I Dunno I have a LOT of different tips on the KZs. I DO know that those Clear/Blue hybrid tips that came STOCK with the ED8 and other KZs are the worst tips I've ever heard on anything I have tried them on. They Kill the Bass and Body of any earphone I've put them on.

When I'm in doubt I always try Auvios. They don't work every time but they do a pretty good percentage of the time.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 6, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #6,234 of 63,836

redface.gif

Just wondering, when you removed the original anv backs, did you notice any increase in bass? I am comtemplating on whether to drill the back of stock anv shell to see if porting helps.

No, didn`t notice any increase in bass quantity. Of course this is from psychoacoustic memory. Imo only ways to increase sub-bass quantity and impact is to get proper tips and maybe try foam inside nozzle (I`m not using it).

I DO know that those Clear/Blue hybrid tips that came STOCK with the ED8 and other KZs are the worst tips I've ever heard on anything I have tried them on. They Kill the Bass and Body of any earphone I've put them on.

Another thing to me about Your personal preference what shows me that You like enhanced bass and V-shaped signature. Not that it`s bad, I just don`t follow Your sound preference and don`t agree about those KZ whirlwind tips.
I`ve tried those original KZ blue whirlwinds with different IEMs and almost always good result. But I don`t understand atm why You are talking about those tips?
The tips on my last posted eBay link are different and much better for ANV than KZ blue whirlwinds.

Sep 6, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #6,235 of 63,836
No, didn`t notice any increase in bass quantity. Of course this is from psychoacoustic memory. Imo only ways to increase sub-bass quantity and impact is to get proper tips and maybe try foam inside nozzle (I`m not using it).

Another thing to me about Your personal preference what shows me that You like enhanced bass and V-shaped signature. Not that it`s bad, I just don`t follow Your sound preference and don`t agree about those KZ whirlwind tips.
I`ve tried those original KZ blue whirlwinds with different IEMs and almost always good result.
But I don`t understand atm why You are talking about those tips?
The tips on my last posted eBay link are different and much better for ANV than KZ blue whirlwinds.

+1 on the bold part. I like them with quite a few different IEM's as well.

Sep 6, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #6,236 of 63,836

I`ve tried those original KZ blue whirlwinds with different IEMs and almost always good result. But I don`t understand atm why You are talking about those tips?

cool.gif
They just reminded me of the Whirlwinds, I was just commenting on my impressions of the whirlwinds, not the Tips you have pictured. I wasn't aware you LIKED them.  Not necessarily Enhanced Bass but GOOD Solid Bass. If it's a little forward that's okay as well. My Preference is a "Modified" W. With a longer leg on the Bass side and forward Mids for Vocals, I'm a little sensitive to treble.

I don't like ruler Flat and Tinny though. It HAS to have some BODY.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 6, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #6,237 of 63,836

cool.gif
I like Sony Medium Hybrids the best on them (Aqua core).

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aqua core is Large I believe. I have all 4 sizes of hybrids, Pink, Orange, Green and Aqua in ascending order of size. I think Green is medium.

Sep 6, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #6,238 of 63,836
Strangely enough I like the small blue whirlwind tips with my ED10's bass is strong and they sound good but I bought a pair (of ED10) for my son and he hates the blue whirlwinds... says it takes all the bass away??
You would think that we would have similar shaped ear canals but I guess not. Just goes to show that what works for one person does not mean it will work for someone else even it they are from the same tribe.

Sep 6, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #6,239 of 63,836
I think the thing with the whirlwinds is they are quite stiff - not so much the silicone outside but the bore itself, and this means if they don't work, they really really don't work. The TTPOD T1-Es come with them (also small and large varieties) and while I struggle to wear them no matter what tip I try, no size of the whirlwinds comes close to a decent fit or seal for me. 

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #6,240 of 63,836
  Strangely enough I like the small blue whirlwind tips with my ED10's bass is strong and they sound good but I bought a pair (of ED10) for my son and he hates the blue whirlwinds... says it takes all the bass away??
You would think that we would have similar shaped ear canals but I guess not. Just goes to show that what works for one person does not mean it will work for someone else even it they are from the same tribe.

cool.gif
It MUST be an ear canal issue. Coil and Peter Like them but I get the same results as your son. It makes whatever I put them on sound thin and tinny. Like the sound was made by a speaker constructed out of two aluminum pie plates.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back