Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 3, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #6,196 of 63,917
How long did it take for france? Just ordered them from that seller since im sick of waiting for my others to come, on the basis they might actually get here quicker lol, i guess not knowing when they are gonna show up and being surprised when they do is part of the kz experience? :p

For me only 10 days
redface.gif

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #6,197 of 63,917
I just received my ED10 from Teresa and I don't seem to be getting the bass that everyone is claiming compared to ED9 bronze/gold. I can hear a hint of Sub-bass. Could my ED10 be faulty? My ED9 with bronze has more pronounced mid/sub bass than the ED10 OOTB. Also will burn-in help?

Sep 3, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #6,199 of 63,917
  I just received my ED10 from Teresa and I don't seem to be getting the bass that everyone is claiming compared to ED9 bronze/gold. I can hear a hint of Sub-bass. Could my ED10 be faulty? My ED9 with bronze has more pronounced mid/sub bass than the ED10 OOTB. Also will burn-in help?

Tips, tips & tips...I have a bag of tips now and what a difference swapping tips can make. I'm going to try the ones CoiL suggested also as I have small ears\canals also. Try some different tips and the ED10 should be producing some impressive bass.

Just got my second "backup" pair of ED9's in today (took forever) and unlike my first pair these sound great right out of the sealed package
confused.gif
The gold nozzles also already have some type of foam in them. My first pair didn't... also the tips are all red bore I believe my first pair only had one pair of red bore tips the rest were all black but I may be wrong on that as I have so many tips now...anyway the right tip make it all come together.

Sep 3, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #6,200 of 63,917
So... listening to my new ED9 I just got in today (they also sent a free case!) and out of the package they sound absolutely amazing! These sound very balanced with great depth of detail. Cymbals sound realistic and natural, bass is just right I'm smiling as I type.
Now my first set sounded totally awful out of the box and needed extensive burn-in so either these are just an amazing pair or my hearing has been permanently altered by Kz...
eek.gif

Sep 3, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #6,201 of 63,917
Yes, the treble hit on my 9s with gold nozzle is just great.
I'm treble sensitive and what they present is spot-on for me, neither recessed/muffled or nails down the blackboard grating treble.

Sep 3, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #6,202 of 63,917
So... listening to my new ED9 I just got in today (they also sent a free case!) and out of the package they sound absolutely amazing! These sound very balanced with great depth of detail. Cymbals sound realistic and natural, bass is just right I'm smiling as I type.
Now my first set sounded totally awful out of the box and needed extensive burn-in so either these are just an amazing pair or my hearing has been permanently altered by Kz...:eek:  

Brain burn in perhaps? Or have you done the same with other backup 'phones and this hasn't been the case?
Would be reassuring rather than it being a result of qc issues...

Sep 3, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #6,203 of 63,917
Brain burn in perhaps? Or have you done the same with other backup 'phones and this hasn't been the case?
Would be reassuring rather than it being a result of qc issues...

Just kiddin' around dude. My first pair was awful sounding to be sure and these sound like them after a few hundred hours of burn, perhaps even a smidge better but from what I've read it may be a QC issue. I put the new pair on the burn-in station ( even though they sound great) and am listening to the "old" ones. They sound virtually the same but I have a different type of foam in my gold nozzles.

What I do do to check a bunch of new headphones out is take a cd I'm very familiar with on my main system (right now I'm using Jean-Luc Ponty ~ No Absolute Time, great musicians...impeccable recording) and listen to it from the HD600. I really like this headphone, it has a great smooth vintage tone to it IMO and gives me a sort of headphone base line. Anyway the ED9 & ED10 are cheap IEM champs! I have the Philips, Mrice and Pistons and believe the Kz's are better in my setup. The ED9 is my favorite right now but I am waiting on the ATE so we will see...

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #6,205 of 63,917
Which is better and bassier
Ed9 or ed10 ?

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

ED10 is bassier. There's no better or worse since it's up to personal preference.

Sep 4, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #6,208 of 63,917
Ed10's fit is very much better because of the lower weight and smaller size. Don't use ed9's gold filter and have only heard ed10 very short so can't comment on sq.

ED9 are fine with those add-on ear hooks whatever they are called.

Sep 4, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #6,210 of 63,917
Hello folks, I've been away from headfi for about 6 months and my wallet is full again (not really).

I have been enjoying the use of my Tenore's a lot lately, but noticed that the right side appears to be going in and out.  A quick suck on the nozzle seems to fix it but it has been happening more frequently of late.  Of my other favorite, the KC06 continues to reek havoc on my ear lobes, giving me some sort of strange itchy rash whenever I use them.  Someone suggested some nail polish to protect me from the metal/plastic shell but I never got around to doing that.

A friend of mine told me about this thread and so I went ahead and bought the ED10 and ATE models, they'll probably be here in a month or so.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back