Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 4, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #5,011 of 63,897
Hello all, been busy over the last week. I just wanted to clear up any confusion regarding the sound of the ED10 in my initial impression. The impression that 1clearhead posted, I largely agree with, like the sound signature. Where my opinion differs slightly is with regards to the soundstage. Maybe I am too cautious of saying something has a wide soundstage (as everything seems to have a wide soundstage) but the reason why I feel this is because when listening to OST/orchestra type music,I feel the ED10 doesn't sound as large as the ATE or ED9. It's by no means bad (as suggested by my initial impressions) and I could agree to the statement that it is good, but for me, it's not as good as the other two. 

I do think they sound very good, but I feel they have a more fun sound to them and excel with pop and other songs featuring bass. But for them to excel in OST music, i think they could benefit from a slightly more open sound.

The comfort is very good, the slimmer profile and diameter is spot-on. The wings/fins on the sides of the barrel detract away from the comfort for me a little but other than that they are great.

Apologies for any confusion.

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #5,013 of 63,897
After a little burning and sat down to listen to ATE and ED9, I still prefer ED9 a little bit, but I only listen to classical. Both noddles sound little difference to me. Bronze a little better. ATEs are too smooth to me, lack passion when listening to symphonies. Details are on par. Bass is tighter and excited on ED9, tremble is brighter on ED9, middle is more intimate on ED9. Soundstage is a little bit larger on ATE, no much. Wearing is boring on ATE and so eay on ED9, though I have no any comfort problem with ATE. 

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #5,014 of 63,897
  Hello all, been busy over the last week. I just wanted to clear up any confusion regarding the sound of the ED10 in my initial impression. The impression that 1clearhead posted, I largely agree with, like the sound signature. Where my opinion differs slightly is with regards to the soundstage. Maybe I am too cautious of saying something has a wide soundstage (as everything seems to have a wide soundstage) but the reason why I feel this is because when listening to OST/orchestra type music,I feel the ED10 doesn't sound as large as the ATE or ED9. It's by no means bad (as suggested by my initial impressions) and I could agree to the statement that it is good, but for me, it's not as good as the other two. 

I do think they sound very good, but I feel they have a more fun sound to them and excel with pop and other songs featuring bass. But for them to excel in OST music, i think they could benefit from a slightly more open sound.

The comfort is very good, the slimmer profile and diameter is spot-on. The wings/fins on the sides of the barrel detract away from the comfort for me a little but other than that they are great.

Apologies for any confusion.

Thanks for your further info on the ED10. Before I purchased these I also wondered why they had this slight ear- shaped configuration at the end. Then, I realized they probably were their to stop the IEM from further entering the ear canal, since they're so compact and small.

In the end, I really do enjoy the slight different signatures of my top three -ED10, ED9, and ATE. Many of my friends can't understand how KZ packs a punch for as little as having lunch.

Jul 4, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #5,015 of 63,897

Thanks for your further info on the ED10. Before I purchased these I also wondered why they had this slight ear- shaped configuration at the end. Then, I realized they probably were their to stop the IEM from further entering the ear canal, since they're so compact and small.

In the end, I really do enjoy the slight different signatures of my top three -ED10, ED9, and ATE. Many of my friends can't understand how KZ packs a punch for as little as having lunch.

I can agree with you there 
biggrin.gif
. I look forward to trying all the new stuff KZ brings.

Jul 4, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #5,016 of 63,897
I just did an ABCD test (if such thing exists) with ED9, ATE, ANV, and ED10. The source was 320kbps mp3 -> foobar2000 -> monoprice desktop amp. I can say they all sound wonderful, just slight difference in SQ. Which is best is really come down to personal preference. I prefer ED9 with brass nozzles for its clarity and small form factor.

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #5,017 of 63,897
I just received my ATE's today.
My impression so far is that the sound is very clear. The separation between the different instruments is excellent. The sound stage is a bit bigger compared to my Sony MH1c's. The cable on mine is not grabby at all.
All day I've been listening to songs from Thomas Bergersen and Two Steps From Hell and I can hear every little detail in the songs which is exceptional for a headset for only $9.
For the past month I've been listening to a pair of Sony MH1c's and I tried to compare them with my new ATE's. The sound from both of them is very good. The bass on the MH1c's is somehow deeper and I find ATE's a little bit brighter than the MH1c's.
Initially I bought the ATE's for exercise ( running, jumping, etc.. ) and with the foam tips I can say that they are doing a pretty good job. 
I don't find the MH1c's to be very good for sports activities because they tend to fall off my ears quite often.
The gear that I'm using is my laptop and my phone and I know that the sound could get a bit better with an amp but I'm quite satisfied with the way it is now.
I'm going to burn them for 50-100 hours and than I can give you my thoughts about this great headphones.

Jul 4, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #5,018 of 63,897
  ED10
$8,99

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Arrival-KZ-Earphone-Auriculares-Original-KZ-ED10-In-Ear-Earphones-Stereo-Headset-HiFi-Headphones/32385014226.html

Thanks for that, I've taken the plunge! Are the ED10s designed to be worn over ear or straight down or can they be worn both ways? I've got the ATE but due to the fit the isolation is horrible so I don't really use them much even though their sound quality is really good. 

Jul 4, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #5,019 of 63,897

That could be the KZ moto LOL

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #5,020 of 63,897
smily_headphones1.gif
So far i have the KZ ED8, ED9, ATE Silver, ATE Clear, CM9, ANV, and EDSE. On the Way are Micro Ring, and ED10.

The ones I gravitate to the most are the EDSE. Mine sound awesome. Using medium Sony hybrids (Turquoise).

Perfect listening mix to me. Coincidentally the only Pair I own with a built in Mic.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 4, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #5,021 of 63,897

smily_headphones1.gif
So far i have the KZ ED8, ED9, ATE Silver, ATE Clear, CM9, ANV, and EDSE. On the Way are Micro Ring, and ED10.

The ones I gravitate to the most are the EDSE. Mine sound awesome. Using medium Sony hybrids (Turquoise).

Perfect listening mix to me. Coincidentally the only Pair I own with a built in Mic.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I have ANV and ED10 on the way, it's going to be interesting to compare them to ED9 and ATE.. :)

Jul 4, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #5,022 of 63,897
smily_headphones1.gif
I Really love the ANV. The only reason it isn't my favorite is that it becomes uncomfortable in my ear after a short while. Other than that It's performance is Stellar. The EDSE is very close and is superbly comfortable to wear. ED9 Is very good but being quite bright, it is fatiguing to listen to for an extended period. The ATE is Very good but a PIA to wear on the fly as it is over the Ear. I'm more likely to wear the ATEs around the House rather than driving.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 5, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #5,025 of 63,897
Hi, im currently looking for a iem to upgrade from my xiaomi piston 2.1's. I've found a few iems that intereste me such as the ttpod t1-e and the soundmagic e80. I was wondering which kz model i should consider. A few that i saw were the anv,ed9,se,ate. How would these compare to the ttpod t1-e and soundmagic e80 for classical,opera,symphonies,kpop,jpop(i also listen to pretty much every other genre but these are the ones i listen to 70% of the time). Also how does the build quality compare to the two iems i mentioned.

Although the KZ offerings are great for their typically $10 price I found the E80's to easily outperform all of the KZ offerings I've tried so far.

They'll have a lot less midbass than the Pistons though but subbass extension is very good as well as the overall bass quality.

If you're in the US and can pick them up for $50 I'd say it's a no brainer. I paid $70 for my pair and still consider them excellent value .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back