Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #5,026 of 63,914
Although the KZ offerings are great for their typically $10 price I found the E80's to easily outperform all of the KZ offerings I've tried so far.

They'll have a lot less midbass than the Pistons though but subbass extension is very good as well as the overall bass quality.

If you're in the US and can pick them up for $50 I'd say it's a no brainer. I paid $70 for my pair and still consider them excellent value .

You post this on the KZ thread... blasphemy!!! :wink:

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #5,027 of 63,914
Although the KZ offerings are great for their typically $10 price I found the E80's to easily outperform all of the KZ offerings I've tried so far.

They'll have a lot less midbass than the Pistons though but subbass extension is very good as well as the overall bass quality.

If you're in the US and can pick them up for $50 I'd say it's a no brainer. I paid $70 for my pair and still consider them excellent value .

You should really add to your collection the latest top 3 KZ's, which includes the latest ED10. They have unique signatures and can weigh-in against the competition.

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #5,028 of 63,914
You post this on the KZ thread... blasphemy!!! :wink:

Lol, yeah I'm crazy :wink:

You should really add to your collection the latest top 3 KZ's, which includes the latest ED10. They have unique signatures and can weigh-in against the competition.

I already own the ATE and ED9.

I certainly don't think that KZ are bad , they're probably the best value one could get for really cheap but I'm crazy enough to think that better IEM's does exist and that you don't have to pay a fortune to get them :wink:

Jul 5, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #5,029 of 63,914
cool.gif
Peter, I found the E80's on Ali for $68 but ONLY available in Red from Seller. If you want Gray or Gold-ish they are $85 from different sellers. The Reds are on Ebay for $75. Not available on Amazon Yet.

Before I spend THAT much on earphones, (I'm spoiled by KZ prices), I will wait for My Trinity Deltas and My Flare Audio R2As to get here. Which I'm assuming are a HUGE step up from KZ's or Soundmagics.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Jul 5, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #5,030 of 63,914
Lol, yeah I'm crazy
wink.gif

I already own the ATE and ED9.

I certainly don't think that KZ are bad , they're probably the best value one could get for really cheap but I'm crazy enough to think that better IEM's does exist and that you don't have to pay a fortune to get them
wink.gif

Good to hear!

Can you give us some more details on the differences between each set -bass, mids, highs and soundstage? And what does the E80 outshine the ATE's and the KD9 on?

Some picks would be really nice......
biggrin.gif

Finally, are you planning to get the ED10's? I would really love to see this comparison.

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #5,031 of 63,914
Good to hear!

Can you give us some more details on the differences between each set -bass, mids, highs and soundstage? And what does the E80 outshine the ATE's and the KD9 on?

Some picks would be really nice......:D

Finally, are you planning to get the ED10's? I would really love to see this comparison.

Not at the moment, I'm on holiday for the next three weeks and only brought the ckr10, e80 and vsd2s :wink:

Tbh the ED9 is the only KZ IEM that I feel belong in the $50-100 tier. That still doesn't mean that I don't appreciate some of the others and consider them amazing value at their (usually) $10 price.

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #5,032 of 63,914
Tbh the ED9 is the only KZ IEM that I feel belong in the $50-100 tier. 

Meh? Really? M`kay... I contrary find ATE and ANV SQ better in many aspects than ED9 
rolleyes.gif
 Well... apples & oranges, nothing wrong with different opinions
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #5,033 of 63,914
Meh? Really? M`kay... I contrary find ATE and ANV SQ better in many aspects than ED9 :rolleyes:  Well... apples & oranges, nothing wrong with different opinions:wink:

Yep I agree. Different strokes for different folks. That's part of what makes this hobby so interesting :)

Jul 5, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #5,034 of 63,914
Among ED9-ED10-ATE which is the best for electronic music? :)

Jul 5, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #5,035 of 63,914

cool.gif
Peter, I found the E80's on Ali for $68 but ONLY available in Red from Seller. If you want Gray or Gold-ish they are $85 from different sellers. The Reds are on Ebay for $75. Not available on Amazon Yet.

Before I spend THAT much on earphones, (I'm spoiled by KZ prices), I will wait for My Trinity Deltas and My Flare Audio R2As to get here. Which I'm assuming are a HUGE step up from KZ's or Soundmagics.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

I'm waiting on those too
biggrin.gif
.  I hoping to get maybe one or two more KZ then take a long iem buying "holiday"

Jul 5, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #5,038 of 63,914

Is hard to say.....all 3 play electronic music really well. But, If your only buying one, I would pick ED9 only because it provides 2 different tunable sound signatures.

Heck, just buy all three.....that's what most of us did here.
ksc75smile.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
+1 AFAIK ALL the KZ's do Electronic music quite well. They have a lot of available Bass in their EQs.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back