Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 3, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #4,981 of 63,907
  Found this nice presentation somewhere :  http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jsATpTMrH1g/VOf5xM8pK5I/AAAAAAAABOg/xWcKAeIFGTw/s1600/AG-R1.jpg

I wonder if a simple online template can be made so that anyone can quickly open it, set the bars and post their opinion. I love this... we should gather data for KZ IEMs based on this template.
Not detailed of course, but fast and intuitive.

Good idea Eisen. Maybe do a google docs excel table somehow or something similar where everyone can have access to but filling the table can be only for those who ask permission through head-fi (must be head-fi user)?

Jul 3, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #4,982 of 63,907
Good idea Eisen. Maybe do a google docs excel table somehow or something similar where everyone can have access to but filling the table can be only for those who ask permission through head-fi (must be head-fi user)?

Exactly... Or maybe just fill the result on that site, generate result image and post here.

If anybody know how this can be done, let us know.

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #4,983 of 63,907
Finally got my ATE. I know you guys said they sound good, but they still sound better than I expected. It's like my brain couldn't reconcile what I was reading with the $9 price tag. The long nozzle and my shallow ear canals don't jive though, so the earphones don't sit flush at all, which I don't like. By comparison, the VSD2S is probably the best fitting earphone I have.

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #4,984 of 63,907
Selenium, try lot of different tips with ATE, it`s pretty sensitive to tip rolling and to get great fit+sound takes many tries.

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #4,987 of 63,907
If You like the sound when using tape, then permanent solution - just drop little superglue into hole so it fills.

Jul 3, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #4,988 of 63,907
I jumped on the KZ bandwagon for one purpose, to find a pair of cheaper earphones that is close to my DUNU Titan 1 SQ-wise so I don't have to carry an expensive pair of earphones and risk breaking it. For this, I am completely satisfied with ED9. I also purchased ATE and ANV, and I am not that impressed by them because I already own VSD3S, ANV16, and T1E, which are not that much more expensive compared to ATE and ANV. So what I am trying to say is ED9 provides a "protection value" of 700% for me (Titan 1 = $105, ED9 = $15) as opposed to others' 200%, approximately. For this I highly recommend ED9.

Jul 3, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #4,990 of 63,907

If You like the sound when using tape, then permanent solution - just drop little superglue into hole so it fills.

The problem would be the driver flex, no?

Yes, it can be problem. Another option would be stuffing that hole with some tight fabric material or something like that...

Edit:

Vol.3 will be ATE 
tongue.gif

Btw, idk how or what affected it exactly but with this mod I do not need any foams inside brass filter anymore!
smile.gif

Maybe it was 0.5 Ohm higher impedance cable, fabric+plastic ports or maybe wood. 

Edit: Spoke too soon. Still has littlebit too harsh highs for me with some music but not so much as before mod. Gotta make new and thinner foam filter. Maybe using fabric layer this time.

Jul 3, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #4,991 of 63,907
Finally got my ATE. I know you guys said they sound good, but they still sound better than I expected. It's like my brain couldn't reconcile what I was reading with the $9 price tag. The long nozzle and my shallow ear canals don't jive though, so the earphones don't sit flush at all, which I don't like. By comparison, the VSD2S is probably the best fitting earphone I have.

Exactly the same for me. I've tried various tips, and I can get a good seal, but somehow it feels like the body of the IEM is still sticking out a bit. It's especially noticable if I try to lay down with them, they push too far.. I've even pondered trying to cut the nozzle a bit on one of my pairs, but then again, it's not reversible, so I might just end up ruining them..

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #4,993 of 63,907
Just received ED10 today and really enjoy it. I have tried it with edm, rock, and folk, and surprisingly it handles all of them pretty well. I am using Comply T400 eartips and they provide really good seal and bass extension is amazing. The comfort is better than other KZ headphones because of the small size and light weight.

BTW, according to KZ official description of ED10, they produced only one batch of ED10s. So if you are interested (or intrigued), act fast.

Jul 4, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #4,994 of 63,907

Just received ED10 today and really enjoy it. I have tried it with edm, rock, and folk, and surprisingly it handles all of them pretty well. I am using Comply T400 eartips and they provide really good seal and bass extension is amazing. The comfort is better than other KZ headphones because of the small size and light weight.

BTW, according to KZ official description of ED10, they produced only one batch of ED10s. So if you are interested (or intrigued), act fast.

That's why I bought "two".....they are just that good!

At first I was skeptical and bought one because they were being praised as "top tier" on the taobao website. Than, after realizing how good they really were after listening to them, I jumped on a second pair! So, for those that doubt their quality and sound won't benefit in your KZ collection, think again! They might be for a limited time and you may lose this opportunity as one of your "top ten" to your KZ collection.

Cheers! SWLIU :beerchug:

Jul 4, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #4,995 of 63,907
Hi, im currently looking for a iem to upgrade from my xiaomi piston 2.1's. I've found a few iems that intereste me such as the ttpod t1-e and the soundmagic e80. I was wondering which kz model i should consider. A few that i saw were the anv,ed9,se,ate. How would these compare to the ttpod t1-e and soundmagic e80 for classical,opera,symphonies,kpop,jpop(i also listen to pretty much every other genre but these are the ones i listen to 70% of the time). Also how does the build quality compare to the two iems i mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back