Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 14, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #2,311 of 64,164
  EDSE and DT3 are on their way already! 
etysmile.gif
 ED8 is ugly for me. just read the reply of @Ira Delphic about considering it and got curious! Btw http://ru.aliexpress.com/item/kz-r1-headphones-bass-headset-phone-headset-music-earphone-fashion-headphone-headphone-support-3-5MM-interface/2054948020.html?recommendVersion=1 says it has Senn IE60 drivers?! 
eek.gif

"Sennheiser IE60 same paragraph diaphragm"

They also say:

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #2,312 of 64,164
Did anyone notice that the older you are the harder to hear high pitch?  I guess some model are more suitable for older ear like KZ-DT5 poletone but too bad I feel that DT5 poletone's treble is really annoying.  Does anyone feel the same? 

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #2,313 of 64,164
Did anyone notice that the older you are the harder to hear high pitch?  I guess some model are more suitable for older ear like KZ-DT5 poletone but too bad I feel that DT5 poletone's treble is really annoying.  Does anyone feel the same? 

DT5 treble is annoying how...? Too peaky or harsh...me don't have them but would like to know what sound Sig..Thanks

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #2,314 of 64,164

Annoying my wife with a ~17kHz mosquito ringtone on my phone... good times :wink: and she's just 2 years older.
BTW - it doesn't only depend on age, but that too.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/580143/the-loudest-headphone/15#post_7890481

You might want to try this regardless of your equipment and hearing:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #2,316 of 64,164
  DT3 turned up today, I am impressed for the price, lovely amount of bass and fit lovely in the ear. 

Oh and I don't use my cassette player to listen to music but cannot bring myself to bin it. 

Good luck comparing SQ to your EDSE! Both nice, just slightly different sound signature. I'm still not sure which I prefer.
Fit - I also like it.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #2,317 of 64,164

Good luck comparing SQ to your EDSE! Both nice, just slightly different sound signature. I'm still not sure which I prefer.
Fit - I also like it.

I already lean to the DT3 as they are not as heavy and fit better in my ears I think. I can find the EDSE a little harsh sometimes on types of music at the top end. I have already tested this on the DT3 and find it better. This could just be the pairing I have with my XDuoo X1 and the DT3 but its working fairly good with the player better so far. I have stopped using my phone as using my X1 proves to belt out better SQ and the X2 has just been released for $55!! sorted! Anyway DT3 better I think at this time...will burn them in a bit

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #2,318 of 64,164
  DT3 turned up today, I am impressed for the price, lovely amount of bass and fit lovely in the ear. 

Oh and I don't use my cassette player to listen to music but cannot bring myself to bin it. 

Aiwa!!!! I used to have an Aiwa cassette player in later 90s. This is nostalgic for me.

Jan 14, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #2,321 of 64,164
Originally Posted by ndburley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

<...>

I was DEFINITELY going to ask that :D

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #2,324 of 64,164
  That is where this one is from, my early days of music......full on hifi set ups that took up a chunk of the room and a parents record collection that needed a dedicated no go area....those were the days :)

Haha yeah exactly : ) 
After my player died and the digital era arrived I converted my favourite ones to digital format (if you remember getting mp3s was really difficult that time).

Aiwa players used to have the best sound when I was in High School. Good old days.

I agree... I had listened to Sony and Philips players as well but none of 'em managed to beat Aiwa sound. Mine even had 'Bass Boost' button which nicely boosted low end.
Oh and btw that wasn't IEM era as well, I had never seen a single IEM till I had that AIWA. That was totally earbud era.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #2,325 of 64,164
Kz Flashship store is really slow about shipping. They gave me a track number but there is no chance to watch. It does not work and it's almost 3. day. Guy's you should know when can I watch it. what about your experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back