Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 13, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #2,281 of 64,385
I'm looking to try my first pair of KZ, the cheaper the better really.  I'm leaning toward the R3's as I've not tried any wood based earphones as of yet. 

Signature wise I'm a big fan of the Superlux EVOs and 668B, I'm really enjoying the VSD3s and love the signature of the Havii B3 Pro MK1, just a shame about the fit being a PITA!

IMHO ....get KZ EDSE , Micro Ring and ANV ( me personal prefrence) ....also many members here have R3 which they reported to be bass cannon but me bought them early 2013 which has a balanced sound sig with copious amount of clarity and bass light too .....

FYI ..also have 668B ..cheers

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #2,283 of 64,385
Are they just as good/different to the VSD3s, e.g. worth $10 for a bit of fun? Conscious I'm starting to burn money!!

Sorry ...dont have VSD3s ....but for less than $10 a pop .......hell yeah there are damm good on price n built quality and most of all .....the wallet can breathe easy ...muahahahahaa

Jan 13, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #2,284 of 64,385
ED8 is now receiving very positive reviews on AliExpress. Good sign... can't want to receive my ED8.

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #2,285 of 64,385
Just received my first EDSE (and first KZ earphone) and I like the sound out of the box. EDSE has good details, enough bass to satisfy me.
I'm not too sure about higher mids and treble but I need more time on these to build my opinion. Regardless, this earphone offers huge VFM for the $6.8 I paid for it. In addition to this it looks very durable with that metal housing and seemingly strong cable.

Nice job, KZ.

Where did you pick them up for $6.80?

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #2,286 of 64,385
Where did you pick them up for $6.80?

At KZ Official Flagship Store on AliExpress, during the month of December. They had a great sale running for a month. Now they are available for lowest price here : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/kz-ed-Special-Edition-Ear-Headphones-HIFI-headset-music-headset-phone-headset-bass-headphone-free-shipping/1246446_32236109731.html

Good luck.. FYI same store has ED8 listed for $8.40. Go get that one!

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #2,288 of 64,385
IMHO ....get KZ EDSE , Micro Ring and ANV ( me personal prefrence) ....also many members here have R3 which they reported to be bass cannon but me bought them early 2013 which has a balanced sound sig with copious amount of clarity and bass light too .....

FYI ..also have 668B ..cheers

I'll second the Micro Ring and ANV (with Sony Hybrids and added filter). They are fantastic.

I have the R3 on the way. Hopefully it will arrive within the next couple weeks :)

The VSD3 is technically better than all of the above mentioned KZ iems, however I still prefer the Micro Ring. After expanding my iems collection to include more balanced and treble focused options, I find the VSD3 to have too much midbass for my personal preferences.

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #2,289 of 64,385

I hate all of you, I really do :wink:

EDSE and ED8's on the way.

Hahahah don't worry KZ isn't heavy on your pocket as others. It's the lightest one actually :wink:

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #2,290 of 64,385
I'll second the Micro Ring and ANV (with Sony Hybrids and added filter). They are fantastic.

I have the R3 on the way. Hopefully it will arrive within the next couple weeks
smily_headphones1.gif

The VSD3 is technically better than all of the above mentioned KZ iems, however I still prefer the Micro Ring. After expanding my iems collection to include more balanced and treble focused options, I find the VSD3 to have too much midbass for my personal preferences.

Hi B9Scrambler, have you compared Micro Ring with mainstream KZs such as EDSE or DT3?

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #2,291 of 64,385
Hi B9Scrambler, have you compared Micro Ring with mainstream KZs such as EDSE or DT3?

Yup, the EDse which I also have.

The Micro Ring doesn't quite reach the same level of bass extension (although its is close, very close), but it sounds more refined overall. I find the EDse is a too splashy/uncontrolled up top in comparison. The Micro Ring also has more forward mids and both better detailing and soundstage. The EDse wipes the floor with it in style and build quality though.

Don't get me wrong, I like the EDse a lot, but every time I use it it reminds of a lesser version of the Clarity One EB110 (which I quite like and use all the time). They are very, very similar imo and since the EB110 can be found for around the same price.....

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #2,292 of 64,385
Yup, the EDse which I also have.

The Micro Ring doesn't quite reach the same level of bass extension (although its is close, very close), but it sounds more refined overall. I find the EDse is a too splashy/uncontrolled up top in comparison. The Micro Ring also has more forward mids and both better detailing and soundstage. The EDse wipes the floor with it in style and build quality though.

Don't get me wrong, I like the EDse a lot, but every time I use it it reminds of a lesser version of the Clarity One EB110 (which I quite like and use all the time). They are very, very similar imo and since the EB110 can be found for around the same price.....

So where we can get the micro rings for cheap?

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #2,293 of 64,385
  At KZ Official Flagship Store on AliExpress, during the month of December. They had a great sale running for a month. Now they are available for lowest price here : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/kz-ed-Special-Edition-Ear-Headphones-HIFI-headset-music-headset-phone-headset-bass-headphone-free-shipping/1246446_32236109731.html

Good luck.. FYI same store has ED8 listed for $8.40. Go get that one!

I got it for around the same price, under $7. Very fine build quality, metal housing, cable, plug, and of course the SQ!

By the way I recently got the Soundsoul S-018  - another low cost IEM - made in China and possibly designed there. The SQ - bass is very good. The sound overall is arguably better than the EDSE, but the cable is poor - too rigid and microphonics issues, and the plastic housing feels kind of cheap. I wish it had the build of the KZ. I may sell the Soundsoul S-018 just for that reason. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #2,294 of 64,385
By the way I recently got the Soundsoul S-018  - another low cost IEM - made in China and possibly designed there. The SQ - bass is very good. The sound overall is arguably better than the EDSE, but the cable is poor - too rigid and microphonics issues, and the plastic housing feels kind of cheap. I wish it had the build of the KZ. I may sell the Soundsoul S-018 just for that reason. 

They were on my list but even the manufacturer wouldn't ship them to the uk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back