Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 13, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #2,297 of 64,388
Wait for Micro Rings. I'm following up with KZ Flagship's people to enlist Micro Ring for cheaper price. They currently have it, for $13.5/piece but you need to buy 10 qty. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #2,298 of 64,388

I got it for around the same price, under $7. Very fine build quality, metal housing, cable, plug, and of course the SQ!

By the way I recently got the Soundsoul S-018  - another low cost IEM - made in China and possibly designed there. The SQ - bass is very good. The sound overall is arguably better than the EDSE, but the cable is poor - too rigid and microphonics issues, and the plastic housing feels kind of cheap. I wish it had the build of the KZ. I may sell the Soundsoul S-018 just for that reason. 

Ira you received ED8??? Is it better than EDSE?? IF yes then wowww!!!

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #2,299 of 64,388
Yup, the EDse which I also have.

The Micro Ring doesn't quite reach the same level of bass extension (although its is close, very close), but it sounds more refined overall. I find the EDse is a too splashy/uncontrolled up top in comparison. The Micro Ring also has more forward mids and both better detailing and soundstage. The EDse wipes the floor with it in style and build quality though.

Don't get me wrong, I like the EDse a lot, but every time I use it it reminds of a lesser version of the Clarity One EB110 (which I quite like and use all the time). They are very, very similar imo and since the EB110 can be found for around the same price.....

Great... thanks for answering my question : ) 

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #2,300 of 64,388
  Ira you received ED8??? Is it better than EDSE?? IF yes then wowww!!!

The ED8 still tracking as "sent to airline" but shouldn't be long. 

I also got the R1 - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kz-r1-sports-headphones-bass-headphones-HIFI-headphones-sound-bass-music-headphones/2046165474.html

Blue and the lower cable white. Nasty looking but @Hisoundfi said it was very good - and I need something smallish for sleeping.
The red/black looks much nicer but the blue was only $6.

Any idea if  R1 and an R1 Sports are unique models?

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #2,301 of 64,388

The ED8 still tracking as "sent to airline" but shouldn't be long. 

I also got the R1 - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/kz-r1-sports-headphones-bass-headphones-HIFI-headphones-sound-bass-music-headphones/2046165474.html

Blue and the lower cable white. Nasty looking but @Hisoundfi said it was very good - and I need something smallish for sleeping.
The red/black looks much nicer but the blue was only $6.

Any idea if  R1 and an R1 Sports are unique models?

Mine has been 'Dispatched'. As per my previous estimates I might have to wait at least 2 weeks more. 

That R1 looks like a complete ripoff of Sennheiser CX300 II, in blue color lol

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #2,302 of 64,388
  Mine has been 'Dispatched'. As per my previous estimates I might have to wait at least 2 weeks more. 

That R1 looks like a complete ripoff of Sennheiser CX300 II, in blue color lol

Yup I notice a slight similarity
tongue_smile.gif
! I hope the SQ is good.

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #2,304 of 64,388
Not found a KZ to beat the Soundmagic E10 for a bass head yet but KZ do have a decent range of headphones...i have the GR, Platinum Limited editions and DT3 all good may I add but just my personal input :)

Dt3 has alot of bass

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #2,305 of 64,388
  I got the KZ R1 today.

It's awesome.

It's got an epic sound for $50, let alone the $4.90 dollars I paid (shipped).

I'm not going to post specific impressions about their sound until I've had a little more time with them. 

I will say that they have a teeny bopper design. If you can get past the look of them they are definitely worth checking out.

Impressions to come. So far they are extremely impressive out of the box. They have plenty of bass that isn't overwhelming. Burn in might change this one way or the other. Midrange is beautifully tuned.  Treble is very well done and appears so far to be along the lines of the DT3.

I get some of these KZ IEM and they are a total bust either because of QC issues or they sound like schiit, but then something like this comes in all I can do is smile ear to ear because of how great they are for sooooo cheap. It's the fabulous KZ stuff that keeps me coming back for more, and I will continue to buy KZ IEMs as long as they keep coming with these amazing sounding cheap IEMs.

Any update on the SQ?

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #2,307 of 64,388
Would be awesome to get some fresh comments on this little R1. Me considering to burn another $10 on an IEM, have to choose between KZ R1 and Philips SHE3590. They are both so little, so cheap and can be good to sleep with haha 
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #2,308 of 64,388
Would be awesome to get some fresh comments on this little R1. Me considering to burn another $10 on an IEM, have to choose between KZ R1 and Philips SHE3590. They are both so little, so cheap and can be good to sleep with haha :D
Why R1? Why not EDSE or ED8?

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #2,309 of 64,388
Jan 13, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #2,310 of 64,388
EDSE and DT3 are on their way already! :etysmile:  ED8 is ugly for me. just read the reply of @Ira Delphic
 about considering it and got curious! Btw http://ru.aliexpress.com/item/kz-r1-headphones-bass-headset-phone-headset-music-earphone-fashion-headphone-headphone-support-3-5MM-interface/2054948020.html?recommendVersion=1 says it has Senn IE60 drivers?! :eek:  

"Sennheiser IE60 same paragraph diaphragm"

Ahh sq is imp to you or looks lol... Btw ed8 looks awesome in black housing. Also not everything to be believed in a kz's description... They say on ed8 page that they have same drivers as AKG (god knows which one exactly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back