Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 15, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #2,327 of 64,389
  A typical delivery for me is 4 to 6 weeks, and sometimes more.

My delivery time - China to US, has ranged from 2.5 weeks up to 5 weeks - over holiday season. If over 5 weeks something is wrong.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #2,328 of 64,389
For me it's been 4-6 weeks, in India.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #2,329 of 64,389
  Kz Flashship store is really slow about shipping. They gave me a track number but there is no chance to watch. It does not work and it's almost 3. day. Guy's you should know when can I watch it. what about your experience.

Takes at least 5 days to get active. Don't worry, happened in all 5 purchases I made in KZ flagship.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #2,330 of 64,389
Ok, I got thinking after the comments about cassette players and dug out some old tapes and played them through my Aiwa. I also plugged in my KZ DT3s' into the PX287. I tell you what it does not sound that bad, I thought it would blow but apart from the little hiss you normally get when the music kicked it it was not half bad and through the DT3 also!

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #2,331 of 64,389
I got my order of ED3 (ES were out of stock), EDSE and GR in 18 days. Almost 3 weeks, but it's from China so pretty good time, I went with China post and had tracking.

Now for the sound:
GR- My red filters didn't have holes in them. Sound was kind of harsh and overall pretty disappointing. These look neat and subtle though.
EDSE- These are overhyped. But they do sound good and they're pretty forward. Little bland on some music I know should sparkle and sound fantastic. Bass is surprisingly not as strong as I was expecting. Has a sound signature you could listen to for a long time.
ED3- I actually like this more than the EDSE, but it is quite bright and fatiguing. Does have a penchant to be detailed which I like. Doesn't have as much as bass as I usually like.

Other:
3 Cardboard boxes packed in a bigger box instead of a packet= Sturdy and I'm pleased.
Tips are pretty rubbish and even the smalls don't fit me right but hey I got a full set for each of them.
A song I recommend for EDSE- Alina Baraz & Galmatias "Fantasy".
These are pretty heavy, tough, and won't be good to sleep in. They look nice. ED3 and GR look better than the EDSE imho.
Cables are a bit sticky but they seem pretty high-quality.

Conclusion:
I paid $17 (coupons) and while these aren't a STEAL, I like them.

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #2,332 of 64,389
I got my order of ED3 (ES were out of stock), EDSE and GR in 18 days. Almost 3 weeks, but it's from China so pretty good time, I went with China post and had tracking.

Now for the sound:
GR- My red filters didn't have holes in them. Sound was kind of harsh and overall pretty disappointing. These look neat and subtle though.
EDSE- These are overhyped. But they do sound good and they're pretty forward. Little bland on some music I know should sparkle and sound fantastic. Bass is surprisingly not as strong as I was expecting. Has a sound signature you could listen to for a long time.
ED3- I actually like this more than the EDSE, but it is quite bright and fatiguing. Does have a penchant to be detailed which I like. Doesn't have as much as bass as I usually like.

Other:
3 Cardboard boxes packed in a bigger box instead of a packet= Sturdy and I'm pleased.
Tips are pretty rubbish and even the smalls don't fit me right but hey I got a full set for each of them.
These are pretty heavy, tough, and won't be good to sleep in. They look nice. ED3 and GR look better than the EDSE imho.

Conclusion:

Lucky the ES is out of stock. It's not one of the better KZ's.

EDSE over-hyped? I think it's definitely worth the $7!

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #2,333 of 64,389

Now for the sound:

Other:

Conclusion:

EDSE is worth the hype, who'd expect such great SQ for $7 haha
For me they are the best ones among I have, for certain kind of music (Mostly EDM/KPOP). My friends also seem to be a lot impressed by SQ of EDSE.

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:21 AM Post #2,335 of 64,389
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-331-iems-compared-jvc-xtreme-xplosives-ha-fr301-added-01-12-15-p-1028/15420#post_11228779

Who's with me? ;D

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #2,336 of 64,389
  I have received KZ ED8. It is the best KZ model. Even better than KZ Micro with good Comply Tips. It sounds like more accurate, detailed DT3 with great, fast bass and wonderful highs. 

Awesome!!! Saves my money because soon I was about to get a micro ring for $16.
Still at least one more week for my first ED8 to reach to me... 

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #2,338 of 64,389
Guys how good are these? Are we talking Zero-Audio, Dunu, Fidue good? 

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #2,340 of 64,389
Guys how good are these? Are we talking Zero-Audio, Dunu, Fidue good? 

they are damm good for less than $10 a pop but not those iems ( if you mean their high end models)you mentioned ...the most it can hit is =>$50 but some KZ built quality are top notch though ...

Hope the mob squad dont come gunning for me ....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back