Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 16, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #2,341 of 64,389
they are damm good for less than $10 a pop but not those iems ( if you mean their high end models)you mentioned ...the most it can hit is =>$50 but some KZ built quality are top notch though ...

Hope the mob squad dont come gunning for me ....
biggrin.gif

OK thanks. Appreciate it. I'm planning a sub-$300 IEM shootout. If these belong in a different category, then maybe I'll save them for next round when I attempt something like a sub-$50 shootout :)

Jan 16, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #2,342 of 64,389
anduril said:
  http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-331-iems-compared-jvc-xtreme-xplosives-ha-fr301-added-01-12-15-p-1028/15420#post_11228779

Who's with me? ;D

Originally Posted by anduril

@ljokerl - are you interested in being dropshipped some Knowledge Zenith IEMs to be reviewed (probably ED Special Edition or ED8)? Not right now, rather when the discount comes again.

Originally Posted by ljokerl

No, sorry - this would put too much pressure on me in terms of getting stuff posted. I have 50+ IEMs all awaiting review right now and I doubt I'll even be getting through all of those. 

Sucks.

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #2,343 of 64,389
  Guys how good are these? Are we talking Zero-Audio, Dunu, Fidue good? 

Dunno what others think but I love my EDSE and it definitely plays EDM better than my ZA Tenores. They are also build like a tank, the price/performance ratio seems unreal. They are so cheap that you can easily gift away these to people. I'd suggest try some KZ once and give away to someone in case you don't like. No much loss. 

I personally liked EDSE so much that I ordered one more EDSE and two ED8 straight away xD  I'll gift one EDSE to a close buddy though.

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #2,345 of 64,389
  So... any impressions of the ED8 yet? a review or something?

People have posted some in this thread... generally all claiming that it's the best thing KZ has produced yet. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #2,346 of 64,389
Anyone here like dance music?

I have spent more than 300 hours with KZ-ED8. How can the price is only $10. If the price were 3 times higher, It’s still worth buying.

Wear ED8+spiral eartips, play these music(720p or higher) LOUD enough and then compare with others IEMs.
Can you feel the atmosphere?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB4dQcxgJPY&t=8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8q2NoVdN9Q&t=85
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8YXut6_56c&t=6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsjwG3FQna4&t=6

To enjoy those music, at least an IEM needs punchy mid bass, quite a good detailed, separation and good soundstage. 
ED8 is the first KZ IEM I've seen that does this well without the need for equalizer or digital signal processing algorithm.
Unlike using EDSE, DT5 poletone..., sound of cymbals doesn't hurt my ear anymore.

Welcome to the club. Party people!!!

Jan 16, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #2,348 of 64,389
  People have posted some in this thread... generally all claiming that it's the best thing KZ has produced yet. 

Personally, I'd like to see some detailed reviews and comparisons rather than just praise.  However, we're talking about a $10 headphone here so there isn't much risk IMHO.

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #2,351 of 64,389
  Will you trust those reviews? 
biggrin.gif

Depends on who it is
wink.gif
.  I've been burned a few times by some folks.  I since have developed my own "head-fier black list".
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #2,353 of 64,389

Will you trust those reviews? 
biggrin.gif

Depends on who it is
wink.gif
.  I've been burned a few times by some folks.  I since have developed my own "head-fier black list".
tongue_smile.gif

Agreed. Someone only has real credibility when they have a substantial track record of reviews. For example, a nice enough guy recently did an exhaustive review of the T1-E. With lots of attributes rated, and then a comprehensive summary. Nice write up but not meaningful without the context of a body of reviews. I have the T1-E and disagreed with many of his points. In fact, I though it was pretty random, and he was just generating information as if writing an literature paper for school.

Like I've mentioned before, the only way to have truly credible reviews is with blind listening tests. What we have now for the most part is just too subjective. My guess is that the reviewers look at the appearance of the IEM, and are influenced by that. Consider the T2. A very cool looking IEM. And transparent so we can look at the bits! But how does it really sound? As human beings I don't think it's possible to be 100% objective.  And all burn in does is reduce cognitive dissonance, but that's for another post 
ph34r.gif

Back to KZ...listing to Andy Stott - Faith in Stranger with my DT3 and blown away by the SQ!

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #2,354 of 64,389
Totally agree Ira Delphic.  Objectivity is hard to get when the emotions are high and most people's wallet's invovled...

DT3 is quite impressive yes.  I praised it before, and I keep thinking that for me, it's the most hard hitting and surprising of the KZ that I have (EDSE, ES, GR).  Still, I will receive ED8 next week...  DT3 is a steal at 10-15 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back