Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 16, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #2,372 of 64,386
  I have received KZ ED8. It is the best KZ model. Even better than KZ Micro with good Comply Tips. It sounds like more accurate, detailed DT3 with great, fast bass and wonderful highs. 

@B9Scrambler, @Dasbo : Here's your answer. Though we need more feedback about these earphones, quite new, guys still ordering&waiting for delivery.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #2,374 of 64,386
Just got my KZ ED-es and KZ-GR from the mail.
So far I like both, also I tried to use my t-500 comply tips on them and them fit just right in both, and make a huge difference on the sound!
I dunno how it's possible for some tips to change so well the sound, the only con is that the tips are almost big as the earphones LOL.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #2,375 of 64,386
  Just got my KZ ED-es and KZ-GR from the mail.
So far I like both, also I tried to use my t-500 comply tips on them and them fit just right in both, and make a huge difference on the sound!
I dunno how it's possible for some tips to change so well the sound, the only con is that the tips are almost big as the earphones LOL.

What difference do complys make for EDSE??? pls

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #2,376 of 64,386
  What difference do complys make for EDSE??? pls

Well, remember I just got this earphones like 2 hours ago, so we have to consider that they aren't burned-in yet.
But so far, with the comply tips the sound seems like less bloated, a little more wide soundstage, less sharp but controlled, (I don't really don't know how to describe this yet, but the highs sound much more smooth and natural yet as detailed as they're), the main differences are in the highs mostly, bass doesn't seem much affected if not enhanced a little too, it feels a little more present and punchy, but not a huge differences compared to how the highs got more "naturalized" and smoothed. resuming: it sounds more natural, and that, at least for my taste is a huge enhancement, really, I like the KZED out of the box much more with the comply tips on them.

(Sorry for the photo quality, had to take it with the ipad.)

Now, if anybody wonders too, for the KZ-GR with the comply tips at difference of the KZED, the most benefited part aren't the highs but the bass, it sounds muuuuch less bloated and muuch more controlled, less muddy in general and more punchy. highs and mids aren't too much affected, at least it's not noticeable yet.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #2,377 of 64,386
  Well, remember I just got this earphones like 2 hours ago, so we have to consider that they aren't burned-in yet.
But so far, with the comply tips the sound seems like less bloated, a little more wide soundstage, less sharp but controlled, (I don't really don't know how to describe this yet, but the highs sound much more smooth and natural yet as detailed as they're), the main differences are in the highs mostly, bass doesn't seem much affected if not enhanced a little too, it feels a little more present and punchy, but not a huge differences compared to how the highs got more "naturalized" and smoothed. resuming: it sounds more natural, and that, at least for my taste is a huge enhancement, really, I like the KZED out of the box much more with the comply tips on them.

(Sorry for the photo quality, had to take it with the ipad.)

Now, if anybody wonders too, for the KZ-GR with the comply tips at difference of the KZED, the most benefited part aren't the highs but the bass, it sounds muuuuch less bloated and muuch more controlled, less muddy in general and more punchy. highs and mids aren't too much affected, at least it's not noticeable yet.

Thanks for your opinion : )   It helps. You are right about EDSE, they sound nice out of the box, which kind of surprises you, given its price. I found the bass gets more controlled after some burn in. Didn't see much difference in highs yet. I gave away my pair to a friend as he was quite loved the sound and build. Bought one for myself again which will arrive in a week or two. 

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #2,378 of 64,386
  Thanks for your opinion : )   It helps. You are right about EDSE, they sound nice out of the box, which kind of surprises you, given its price. I found the bass gets more controlled after some burn in. Didn't see much difference in highs yet. I gave away my pair to a friend as he was quite loved the sound and build. Bought one for myself again which will arrive in a week or two. 

Yeah, but almost forgot.
For those who have the KZ-GR and wanna use comply tips or similar, I recommend use the small size ones, medium size fits, but it is as big as the earphones, asides from it looks ugly, it isn't comfortable as it could be, so remember, use small comply tips for the KZ-GR.

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #2,379 of 64,386
is this seller of the kz ed8's legit? he's got 1645 feedback with 97.7% positive. just the price seems too good.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-KZ-ED8-enthusiast-bass-ear-headphones-copper-forging-7MM-shocking-anti-noise-microphone-sound-quality/32258214618.html

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #2,380 of 64,386
  is this seller of the kz ed8's legit? he's got 1645 feedback with 97.7% positive. just the price seems too good.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-KZ-ED8-enthusiast-bass-ear-headphones-copper-forging-7MM-shocking-anti-noise-microphone-sound-quality/32258214618.html

Can't talk about that seller, but the official KZ store have the KZ ED8 for just 1 dollar more... why would you buy from somewhere else?

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #2,381 of 64,386
Sorry i'm posting this here but I wasn't able to find a good comparison elsewhere.

Can someone outline the differences of the "whirlwind" tips and regular silicone ear buds or comply's?

They seem to be very well-touted here so hopefully someone has tried them all!

Thanks in advance. 

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #2,382 of 64,386
I'm strongly considering these:
http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/true-fit-and-star-silicone-fit-kit.html
Any better options, as these will cost ~$22 shipped?

Jan 17, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #2,383 of 64,386
  I'm strongly considering these:
http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/true-fit-and-star-silicone-fit-kit.html
Any better options, as these will cost ~$22 shipped?

Ha, consider yourself lucky of being able of pick these for only 22. If I wanted to do so I would probably have to pay like 40 usd at least.

Sorry for being bittersweet, I mean, you should get them, westone tips are really good, and at least for me, 22 it's a bargain.

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #2,384 of 64,386
I bought a TTPOD T1E that came with a large amount of tips.

The TTPOD is more refined but not that BIG of an upgrade from EDSE or ED3 with proper tips.

I found that EDSE sound best with triple flanges, GR with medium spiral/hurricane tips, and ED3 with wider bore black medium tips (I think these come with the TTPOD). Smalls are more comfortable but the seal of mediums help with the bass.

The effects of tips:
ED3 gets much needed bass.
GR bass extends deeper, some treble is still left to be desired but this becomes passable.
EDSE- Gets some treble sparkle. Fuller sound, kind of V-shaped, a fun sound. Sounds good, I just don't like a congested and very forward sound.

For some reason stock tips don't seal in my ears.

Jan 17, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #2,385 of 64,386
I bought a TTPOD T1E that came with a large amount of tips.

The TTPOD is more refined but not that BIG of an upgrade from EDSE or ED3 with proper tips.

I found that EDSE sound best with triple flanges, GR with medium spiral/hurricane tips, and ED3 with wider bore black medium tips (I think these come with the TTPOD). Smalls are more comfortable but the seal of mediums help with the bass.

The effects of tips:
ED3 gets much needed bass.
GR bass extends deeper, some treble is still left to be desired but this becomes passable.
EDSE- Gets some treble sparkle. Fuller sound, kind of V-shaped, a fun sound. Sounds good, I just don't like a congested and very forward sound.

For some reason stock tips don't seal in my ears.

The KZ tips I've experienced all stink.  Their proper place is in the trash can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back