Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 25, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #13,006 of 63,961
Just got my pair of ED9 today. Enjoying how they sound with my test tracks. Was surprised by how heavy the earpieces were. Currently using the reference filter (with no black sponge filter material inside) with the stock supplied tips. After this they'll be burned in for a day or so. I imagine they'll MAYBE sound even better after that.

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #13,007 of 63,961
  It's got a huge sound to it, it's kinda a mixture of ATR and ATE S to my ears. it has the detail of ATR and the big bass and Soundstage of ATE S. 

"Damn" You... gotta get another KZ to try out -.- Will be selling some of my hybrids soon anyway, so, cheapo ZS3 will slip into my basket.

Same experience here but I've probably got  50 hours of burn in and another 12 on the upgrade silver cable. I'm about ready to give up on these and throw them in a drawer. 

ZST has been a big disappointment for me. With each passing day, my dislike for how they sound is only increasing. It's a shame, as I think these are one of the better looking earphones in my collection (sound is another story, though).

OTOH, should have my ZS3 in a week's time.

You have ATR ? Can You please compare them to ZS3 when You receive them. If You don`t have ATR - get one, it`s very good single dynamic :wink:

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #13,008 of 63,961
You have ATR ? Can You please compare them to ZS3 when You receive them. If You don`t have ATR - get one, it`s very good single dynamic :wink:

Yep,got them a week back. Very satisfied with their sound (have posted my impressions on them few pages back). Will sure compare them to ZS3 (which are just few days away from reaching me, I guess :) )

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #13,010 of 63,961

​

​

​
Cross-over equipped, brass-knuckled ZS1

Your own mod or somebody did it? How`s the SQ? More information about cross-over? Nice. Wonder how tey sound.

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #13,011 of 63,961
"Damn" You... gotta get another KZ to try out -.- Will be selling some of my hybrids soon anyway, so, cheapo ZS3 will slip into my basket.

Zs3 is more relaxed sounding, a bit treble roll off, warm pleasing mids and somewhat enhanced bass. Atr has more treble and midbass.

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #13,012 of 63,961
  Your own mod or somebody did it? How`s the SQ? More information about cross-over? Nice. Wonder how tey sound.

This was the ZS1's original setup from when they were first released. Based on my experience with the current version of the ZS1 (i.e. no crossover, no brass rings in the nozzle), they now sound identical to the ZN1 Mini. This means they are technically a better earphone, but I prefer the smoother, more refined sound of the original.

This is also one of the few earphones I own that really benefited from extended play; i.e. physical and/or mental burn in. After hundreds of hours of use, the comment on recessed treble and mids noted in my original review doesn't apply. Bass is still at the forefront and they are complete bass cannons, but it doesn't overshadow everything else to the same extent it did.

Someone (maybe HiFiChris?) posted measurements near the start of the year that showed a big dip in coherence between drivers. Not an issue with the current model, however, that's one of my favorite things about the original. They sound like a 2.1 stereo system. To me it's a very unique presentation for an iem.

Oct 25, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #13,013 of 63,961
This was the ZS1's original setup from when they were first released. Based on my experience with the current version of the ZS1 (i.e. no crossover, no brass rings in the nozzle), they now sound identical to the ZN1 Mini. This means they are technically a better earphone, but I prefer the smoother, more refined sound of the original.

This is also one of the few earphones I own that really benefited from extended play; i.e. physical and/or mental burn in. After hundreds of hours of use, the comment on recessed treble and mids noted in my original review doesn't apply. Bass is still at the forefront and they are complete bass cannons, but it doesn't overshadow everything else to the same extent it did.

Someone (maybe HiFiChris?) posted measurements near the start of the year that showed a big dip in coherence between drivers. Not an issue with the current model, however, that's one of my favorite things about the original. They sound like a 2.1 stereo system. To me it's a very unique presentation for an iem.

Under the assumption that Zs1 and Zs2 are the same: I always wondered why my zs2 didn't sound like your impressions of the zs1, and more like the zn1 mini with no recession in mids and treble, and bass not being too overpowering. That clears it, as there are no brass knuckles in mine.
And that also finally confirms the assumption, I guess.

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #13,016 of 63,961
You have ATR ? Can You please compare them to ZS3 when You receive them. If You don`t have ATR - get one, it`s very good single dynamic
wink.gif

Zs3 is more relaxed sounding, a bit treble roll off, warm pleasing mids and somewhat enhanced bass. Atr has more treble and midbass.

Thanks! Waiting Mebaali impressions too as he hears same things in IEMs as I do usually, so I know more what to expect.

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #13,019 of 63,961
Oh, yea! I am loving the ATR's! They are so easy to listen to! They have been my travelling buddy this week, and i've been enjoying them ever since!
etysmile.gif
 I can't find anything wrong, but find more things right with them, especially their sound signature. It's ashame I didn't enjoy the translucent black ATE's as much and sold them awhile back. But, I still own my first "silver ATE's" and now my new friend, the ATR's for travel and gym.
I personally think the ATR's are a MUST BUY!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back