Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 19, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #63,798 of 63,881
This is could be interesting.

ZS6 were very energetic and fun.
They had this engaging synergy between a big clubby bass response and a very sizzly,sparkly treble.

These could be really good If there's a big improvement from the mids of the ZS6.

Nozzles look kinda bad though. Plastic and shallow.

1713533619802.png

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #63,799 of 63,881
This is could be interesting.

ZS6 were very energetic and fun.
They had this engaging synergy between a big clubby bass response and a very sizzly,sparkly treble.

These could be really good If there's a big improvement from the mids of the ZS6.

Nozzles look kinda bad though. Plastic and shallow.

1713533619802.png
I was listening to my lovely green ZS6 last night [paired to the AS09 Bluetooth earhooks] and realized that the vocals are so front and center [at least female] the bass could sure use improvement and more definition though. Too bad KZ abandoned the all-metal housing idea because it gives them a premium feel [I don't find them too uncomfortable like others]

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #63,800 of 63,881
$25 is a big ask for the CRA pro. Even though I really want it. With the same ol crappy cable and tips, value proposition is not great. KZ falling behind in the accessories and cable department even in this ultra budget segment.
What iems are good in <30$ in terms of accesories?

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #63,801 of 63,881
What iems are good in <30$ in terms of accessories?
The TRN Conch and… never mind, just the Conch.

But I don’t expect any other company in the foreseeable future to do something similar to what TRN has achieved with the Conch; the value is so high it’s puzzling how they can even earn money from it. 😅

EDIT: I should clarify that normally, it is priced at 35 dollars, but when it’s on sale (which is very common, to be honest), it can be bought for as low as 20-25 dollars.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #63,802 of 63,881
What iems are good in <30$ in terms of accesories?
I got the Tangzu Wan’er (the green model) and it came in a lovely useful hard box and plenty of silicone tips that I’ve found useful on other KZ models. (Varying bore widths) the IEM is ok, not much better than the KZ EDX PRO X but the accessories were far better than anything I’ve seen from KZ

Apr 19, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #63,803 of 63,881
I have the AS24 and haven't found the right switch settings for fat bass and good treble. Right now they're just kinda flat and lifeless.
That's just how they are unfortunately.

Apr 20, 2024 at 5:08 AM Post #63,804 of 63,881
That's just how they are unfortunately.
Bleh.

I used them with a number of albums I'm very familiar with today and it was really odd. Some of the albums sounded as expected, while others sounded really off. And Justice For All (Metallica) is notoriously thin and dry, yet with the AS24 it was uncomfortably both midrangey and buzzsawey, and I had to turn it off. 72 Seasons (also Metallica) gave me a migraine. But two albums by Black Peaks sounded very good.

Apr 20, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #63,805 of 63,881
Bleh.

I used them with a number of albums I'm very familiar with today and it was really odd. Some of the albums sounded as expected, while others sounded really off. And Justice For All (Metallica) is notoriously thin and dry, yet with the AS24 it was uncomfortably both midrangey and buzzsawey, and I had to turn it off. 72 Seasons (also Metallica) gave me a migraine. But two albums by Black Peaks sounded very good.
I feel like same thing is happening with KZ ZAT and CCA Pianist. Too dry and sounding really off sometimes.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:48 AM Post #63,806 of 63,881
I feel like same thing is happening with KZ ZAT and CCA Pianist. Too dry and sounding really off sometimes.
Considering how fugumikan review keep mentioning how dry ZS10Pro 2 is, i guess it could be source of concern.
---

Reddit r/iems thread used to be home of many2 KZ haters and crinacle fans
but it seems KZ Castors (and CCA Trio) did way more to KZ reputation than what their marketing division do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iems/comments/1c84wxm/a_story_in_3_pictures/

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #63,808 of 63,881
Is LingLong the most warm/bassy/"musical" tuning of somewhat recent KZ releases? They really aughtta do more with it...love the tuning, just needs higher resolution drivers!
to my ears, the LingLong (with FiiO HS18 tips) is the younger brother of the Rhapsody; a great EDC

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #63,809 of 63,881
Considering how fugumikan review keep mentioning how dry ZS10Pro 2 is, i guess it could be source of concern.
---

Reddit r/iems thread used to be home of many2 KZ haters and crinacle fans
but it seems KZ Castors (and CCA Trio) did way more to KZ reputation than what their marketing division do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iems/comments/1c84wxm/a_story_in_3_pictures/
Sigh. Reddit hive mind is sad. I like KZ. They try things. Most don't land. Many do. And they put quality audio within people's reach at the time so much of the industry was catering to well-off middle-aged men who believe their $500 cable sounds better than NiceHCK's $10 cables.

It's extra sad for that redditor because that Zero they got is pretty ass.

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #63,810 of 63,881
Sigh. Reddit hive mind is sad. I like KZ. They try things. Most don't land. Many do. And they put quality audio within people's reach at the time so much of the industry was catering to well-off middle-aged men who believe their $500 cable sounds better than NiceHCK's $10 cables.

It's extra sad for that redditor because that Zero they got is pretty ass.
I concur, especially the bit about 7hz Zero (original). I think that's a poor IEM...I think every KZ I've had is better....I never grab mine, I've retired it to the out of reach closet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back