Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 20, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #63,811 of 63,897
to my ears, the LingLong (with FiiO HS18 tips) is the younger brother of the Rhapsody; a great EDC
Wow...I don't think I've ever tried this combination before. But I'm listening right now and I'm completely blown away. So impressive. The tuning on these are priceless for listeners looking for warmth and bass. The "open back" highs. Just incredible.

Attachments

• IMG_20240420_203220.jpg
    IMG_20240420_203220.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 0
Apr 20, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #63,813 of 63,897
Wow...I don't think I've ever tried this combination before. But I'm listening right now and I'm completely blown away. So impressive. The tuning on these are priceless for listeners looking for warmth and bass. The "open back" highs. Just incredible.
excellent!

PXL_20240421_023528163.MP.jpg

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #63,815 of 63,897
ZS10 pro 2 arrived (surprising 5-day delivery from kz.tws):

While both bass and treble are quite accentuated (V-like), the mids are much more there unlike in old KZ. Pro 2 indeed!
Treble is prominent but quite smooth with the same 4 BAs (Rhapsody heritage).
Compared to Rhapsody, the bass is more prominent and with less relative midbass (my main grudge with Rhapsody).
Capabilities for spatiality/stage are very impressive (to me "stage" is more of the properties of recording and processing, but some IEM can deliver more impressive rendering, like Pro 2).
I will try to do more comparisons later - today I just listened to Pro 2 for couple of hours - guitars sound great.

Could you check whether the mesh in the back its just decoration or actual semi open back?

Seems early batch of ZS10Pro 2 is arriving, i seen several posting that they got theirs today.
More info for it shortly then,
----
and KZ ZS10Pro 2 is a... Linsoul Collab?

https://www.linsoul.com/products/kz-zs10-pro2

Linsoul x KZ ZS10 PRO: Beyond Your Expectations​

KZ, renowned for its expertise in the HiFi audio industry, has collaborated with Linsoul to develop the new ZS10 Pro 2 earphone. Building on the success of the KZ ZS10 Pro, this new model features a 10mm super-linear internal magnetic dynamic driver and dual 31736 balanced armature drivers, significantly enhancing audio precision and performance. The Linsoul KZ ZS10 Pro 2 combines a refreshed design with its classic roots, offering a visually striking update that maintains its traditional appeal while setting new standards in aesthetics.
----

and dear, KZ would you mind to space out your release a bit more.
let the teasing -> release -> early reviews -> customer reviews and feedback cycle to finish before you introduce another model

at this point, one of your release could be aped by another product of your own.
case point, we have KZ ZS10 Pro2 released and shortly after we got annoucement of CCA CRA Pro

and now... CCA Hydro at KZ flagship price of $103?
a 1x8mm DD (from Rhapsody), 1x7mm DD (from HM20) and 4 pairs of 31736 BAs in a 3d printed shell with a new cable?

News and photo from ChrisLove's facebook post.
Okay I usually am not so into posting rapid fire posts as I've been doing the last couple days but... My bad. So the last couple days I have had the joy of listening to this latest entry into CCA's lineup with their most ambitious venture to date. From the words of one of their reps "This is our high-end Configuration". The set I'm referring to is the CCA Hydro. It's a 10 driver hybrid consisting of two dynamic drivers and eight balanced armature drivers. I was also told that the 7mm DD is the same XUN-7 driver used in the much loved CCA HM20. Also, the 8mm DD is the same driver within the top shelf CCA Rhapsody. If they were going to pick two sets to borrow from, those would be the two I'd choose. At any rate, one of the biggest surprises for me came in the form of their ACTUAL DOPE CABLE!!!! Finally! This cable is a beefcake, it's very nice, it fits aesthetically and it isn't that same KZ cable we've seen a thousand times in the past. They have always needed to do this. Anyways, I thought it was cool. Also, yes, once again we do have tuning switches. Folks I don't know what to tell you. They like them. Like I just posted in my KZ ZSN10 Pro 2 1st Impressions post... Just flick the switch orientation that fits you best and never touch it again.

As far as the sound, I've literally had this set in my ears for 10 minutes and instantly set them aside in the burn-in spot (under my bed where my wife cant see it). I will keep them there for a few days. So, the sound is actually very good, in my opinion. Musical across the board. Deep bass, heavy but not sloppy, warm/smooth midrange, non-offensive but energetic enough highs. The Hydro sounded very good to my ears. Every area of the mix is represented well. Big stage, depth, not technically deficient. It's good. Soon I will begin critically listening so I can see just how good this set is or if it's just my mind playin' tricks on me. Either way I will certainly publish a review to mobileaudiophile.com. There are obvious comparisons that I feel are warranted but if you all have some that make sense please comment below which ones. Okay folks, take good care. I hope each and every one of you are happy and healthy.

1713674531888.jpeg

Somehow, apparentlly a new cable for KZ upper range

1713674660272.jpeg

and picture from OB Dio's facebook post showing the cable options
if its KZs 784 core cable, its a good cable with measured low resistance.

1713675067874.png

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #63,817 of 63,897
What case is that?
it's an official Blackberry headset case from pre-BB10 days. it's too slim for the average IEM but if you can find one, go for it!

"OEM Blackberry Premium Zippered Leather Carry Case"

PXL_20240421_063204983.MP.jpg
PXL_20240421_063439806.MP.jpg

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:05 AM Post #63,818 of 63,897
Could you check whether the mesh in the back its just decoration or actual semi open back?

Seems early batch of ZS10Pro 2 is arriving, i seen several posting that they got theirs today.
More info for it shortly then,
----
and KZ ZS10Pro 2 is a... Linsoul Collab?

https://www.linsoul.com/products/kz-zs10-pro2

----

and dear, KZ would you mind to space out your release a bit more.
let the teasing -> release -> early reviews -> customer reviews and feedback cycle to finish before you introduce another model

at this point, one of your release could be aped by another product of your own.
case point, we have KZ ZS10 Pro2 released and shortly after we got annoucement of CCA CRA Pro

and now... CCA Hydro at KZ flagship price of $103?
a 1x8mm DD (from Rhapsody), 1x7mm DD (from HM20) and 4 pairs of 31736 BAs in a 3d printed shell with a new cable?

News and photo from ChrisLove's facebook post.

Somehow, apparentlly a new cable for KZ upper range

and picture from OB Dio's facebook post showing the cable options
if its KZs 784 core cable, its a good cable with measured low resistance.

KZ/CCA just doesn't give a crap. A $100+ Hydro will quietly pop into a shell that is almost indistinguishable from their $15 models (Castor, etc). The admirable indifference of the designers, or the outdated version of AI... 🤪

Apr 21, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #63,820 of 63,897
This is a lovely piece of music, sounds brilliant on the KZ Symphony:

Apr 21, 2024 at 11:17 PM Post #63,821 of 63,897
KZ/CCA just doesn't give a crap. A $100+ Hydro will quietly pop into a shell that is almost indistinguishable from their $15 models (Castor, etc). The admirable indifference of the designers, or the outdated version of AI... 🤪

I still don't understand why they don't make more buds with the material & matte finish like KZ ZVX. Yeah it's got a bit heft(Steel-esque) on it but that's more of a bonus than negative to me. They could even make it thinner if have to.

I'm not a big fan of glossy finish, and I'm not alone on this. Not sure if someone in KZ's team got the idea that Blon 03 & Moondrop Kanas Pro were popular because they were shiny SMH?

Apr 22, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #63,822 of 63,897
I still don't understand why they don't make more buds with the material & matte finish like KZ ZVX. Yeah it's got a bit heft(Steel-esque) on it but that's more of a bonus than negative to me. They could even make it thinner if have to.

I'm not a big fan of glossy finish, and I'm not alone on this. Not sure if someone in KZ's team got the idea that Blon 03 & Moondrop Kanas Pro were popular because they were shiny SMH?
I am not sure but from my experience, matte does not last as long as glossy finish ( if you look at Moondrop and their incidents).

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #63,823 of 63,897

BEHIND THE BOX: CCA Hydro ($120)​

With the price and information finally revealed, I would like to share my first few days impressions of the CCA Hydro. This is CCA’s current flagship IEM featuring 2DD and 8BAs. For the price of $120 for the standard model and $130 for the upgraded cable, how does this IEM coming from the brand known for its budget IEM compete against the $100 market?

6AzDhJZhfPFAUm9p-CUCDAMdBKa0yRJ3OtTTQOLAFl7zzFix4c1zxX7Jyq-y9etP2FWtqyiqlSUAfjhXzWxm8Xe9tnq_mj44G_zYJc63cFaXOA0dFnAUoo5v-D9HOQ4EJZdvbaCN46iyovh_4fsAdP4

Normally I don’t talk about the unboxing experience of CCA/KZ IEMs as they’re all virtually the same. But in the case of my hydro, this came with something I did not expect CCA would do. Changing their cables.

P_drjBenX9hacACjPjAonGMI9ZTsm-Twp48ChnzbcPBqesvu6mWKIWJE3WfULNActIge4TcT2mtQM1JiIqfUV3wS7rCZ1pYiL9bd8QMem9zWnFV5BHSdX8hJNfV963byc04PutJKGZsHrW98F6N4RwY

Gone with the cheap silver plated cable that everyone ends up replacing as the cable that the Hydro comes with is a genuine chonker of a cable. It’s a very well built, 8-strand, 784 core silver.blue cable that feels and looks out of place coming with the stock experience. In short, it’s a damn good cable for a stock CCA IEM.

aLljPyRaMzUykPXrRK3w14rTXMxUII8G50qEXF5DvFdn_bOovdmdHkBXNnrImedl_pMIyR44poCl5zW4lq25nQXB3mJ62d3tqtsHKXlGEp07o9vPkeSu9xI_EzcCDwrmLgaKT-as5Ih4GM9MO9tR0T0

_o4Cy14nnTm0fAvuA8WjK1o5LiFlXafdEBvqUn11Va55uxJnCKQY-3s1qZGDGz4WNraj9P8NE-ZgqnKSgWVs4Yotc73JHkYdxpTP0eiZBgnoGUOA-pP3Y5wvbt3Dq2mrqfN1G4h_pjqWDTh6-gazDJ8

cuooFlegVxAABncBzGQTUAWOV0tWVSIX5Y33pHiCL7p4MyStjrzoDEm4lqkiM3MQHatd3J30_aH94_qHIkPf6G3DLLX_8olVIq-BF_FzPn5F5KF3Wed_Xz6ZRg_qSj6GWT-ZZjgsXwGVXbJ713jzsrc

But enough of the cable, let’s talk about the IEM itself. The CCA Hydra features a XUN-7 2DD setup with 8x 31736 BAs If you’re familiar with the CCA Rhapsody, you’re essentially getting the same fitting on the Hydro (for better or worse). This also goes for the air pressure build-up that you might have experienced with the Rhapsody The main difference is the faceplate which honestly looks better than the Rhapsody’s with the exception of the lettering. Please CCA just go back to your old style of putting very minimal lettering or none at all on your IEMs.
p-FFMPulDGbTnt9tcdqIUH31LuYXc74KjxttE0HxOoOopvdvN0Wa5o_FYNL1609byRZGO5V5BmIhww6hPPJ_tqsBO1YgVwnLsxruR3CXMuxQr_eE1dr3BKBFyGfS8rQvLSdChsQsL_absmpzsC1HCyo

Finally, let’s talk sound. What does a $120 CCA flagship sound like? Well, it sounds like the peak of the recent trend of CCA and KZ using the Harman Bass Boost sound signature. Big bass (that you can either crank up or tone down), open-sounding mids, and a very sparkly and energetic treble. This is a step up from the Rhapsody’s slower, sloppier bass with a somewhat unrefined and occasionally splashy-sounding treble. The tuning of this sounds like a mixture of the Rhapsody’s big Harman V with the CCA Trio’s mature and somewhat neutral sound, refining the overall sound and then jacking up its technical ability to 11. You can really tell CCA paid attention to the critiques and feedback from their previous sets to create this behemoth (quite literally) of an IEM.

Currently, my favorite tuning mode is 1110 as it has the tigh but impactful bass and cleanest mids but not as tucked mids

hU8qcRmycIhCi9mLjTQPt54ItzELms3H4pLHsaN1Nu7edro1fzwTIvxJK1mC4qr8iO_mRbLIn75w0ik5-ikZrZCHUlDKeWw-LKQoC6j0N6WJLtreXt-W3DJKr1akT2_wkUp8-0Hu5nAPB-2cdqWyqTg

I’ll be doing more intensive comparisons in my full review on this, but all I can say for now is that this is currently the peak of CCA’s tuning

FULL REVIEW COMING SOON!​

Thank you for reading my impressions on the CCA Hydro. if you would like to order one, consider using the non-affiliated link below: https://www.kztws.com/products/cca-hydro

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #63,824 of 63,897

For the price of $120 for the standard model and $130 for the upgraded cable

Gone with the cheap silver plated cable that everyone ends up replacing as the cable that the Hydro comes with is a genuine chonker of a cable. It’s a very well built, 8-strand, 784 core silver.blue cable that feels and looks out of place coming with the stock experience. In short, it’s a damn good cable for a stock CCA IEM.
Maybe i missed something but is this cable part of 120$ package or 130$?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back