Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 14, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #63,766 of 63,856
Now I've read that the Jcally JM6 Pro would work even though it is slightly less than 2 vRMS (1.6 or so I believe) so any confirmation of that from someone who has used one with these would be great.

Also any other DAC/AMP ideas would be also be appreciated.
Can confirm JM6 Pro is enough to drive PR2, I still get more bass in my pc dac setup but I'd say JM6 is about 95% there.

Apr 14, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #63,767 of 63,856
Can confirm JM6 Pro is enough to drive PR2, I still get more bass in my pc dac setup but I'd say JM6 is about 95% there.

Thank you.

I may have to grab one to hold me over until I can get the Dawn Pro with a balanced cable.

What about technicalities, soundstage /imaging and possible improvement in the mids with the JM6 Pro?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #63,768 of 63,856
To anyone considering buying the PR2 but worried about the treble and whatnot after the stealth revision by KZ...

I bought a set late last month from Linsoul when they were having their spring sale for $38 and when I received them I noticed in the bottom of the inside of the box a sticker that said they were manufactured in late December 2023.

After using them the last few weeks without any EQ and straight off the 3.5 mm jack on my older Android phone (Moto G7) at about 80% volume I have to say they are pretty damn amazing.

I listen to mostly all subgenres of metal/rock, hio hop/trap and EDM/dubstep and using the included foam tips It seems the harsh treble of the v2 has been pretty much tamed while all the other positives of the v1 are pretty much still there. Perusing the internet I saw somewhere someone saying that KZ may have revised them again by doing something to the PCB and that fixed the terrible high frequencies of the v2.

So if you're on the fence about grabbing them don't feel like you have to hesitate especially if you can get them at a great price (ie. under $50).

I'm now looking to get a DAC/AMP to see if I can get them to perform at their full potential. I'd like to get something like a Moondrop Dawn Pro with a balanced cable at some point but right now it's not in my budget so what is a good one for cheap (under $20) that will fit the bill? From what I can gather they really need at least 2 vRMS to be driven properly so that would be what I would want to grab if possible.

Now I've read that the Jcally JM6 Pro would work even though it is slightly less than 2 vRMS (1.6 or so I believe) so any confirmation of that from someone who has used one with these would be great.

Also any other DAC/AMP ideas would be also be appreciated.
I would upgrade the cable as well, all KZ planars I've tried so far (except for the PR1 Pro which already comes with a decent cable) have a significant improvement from using a low resistance cable, like the 784 cable they sell.

Apr 15, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #63,770 of 63,856
Apr 15, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #63,771 of 63,856
Love my KZ AST however on the left one, the connection has broken and the wire falls off easy. Was thinking about purchasing another pair, but wondered if the AS24 non switch version was a similar replacement sound for the AST?

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #63,773 of 63,856
Hey guys, I'm going to get the DQ6s as I mentioned earlier but there are two others I'm considering...

The KZ as16 pro and the KZ esx. The esx apparently has very strong bass which I'm looking for to enjoy my library of rap music. The as16 pro just looks very nice, 8 drivers for each side has me nearly sold on them.

Problem is so many conflicting reviews so I dont know what to believe lol. Think KZ has different revisions of their lineup of IEMs so that would explain conflicting reviews. An example that I personally experienced was in the KZ zs1. I have the 2015 brass ring version which is awesome but the later revision with the mesh screen was awful apparently.

Probably get 2-3 iems since its been years since I've treated myself. The DQ6s for sure + 2 more. Leaning esx and as16 pro as long as there aren't any revisions that made them worse. Does anyone know of different versions of these two or perhaps some reviewers got there's from KZ directly while others recieved 3rd party?

Thanks!
I think you can skip the DQ6s and get the Trio. I got my at USD 20. I own the og DQ6 and the Trio is all round better then the DQ6, especially the bass quality.

edit: typo

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #63,774 of 63,856
I think you can skip the DQ6s and get the Trio. I got my at USD 20. I own the og DQ6 and the Trio is all round better then the DQ6, especially the bass quality.

edit: typo
Wow really appreciate it was about to buy. I'll check out the trio then.

Another question I had.. is the a16 pro x worth the extra money over the a16?

EDIT: I'm trying to limit myself to 3 pairs of iems. I got the ESX and cca trio so far. Right now for the 3rd I'm debating between the kz pr2, a16 pro, and a16 pro x. I dont have a headphone amp for the pr2. I use an ipod classic. The pr2 interest me but not sure if ipod would give it enough juice. The a16 pro and pro x really interest me as well because I dont own a balanced armature 16 total drivers is enticing me but good bass is important and they apparently are lacking. Previous reviewer says great for classical music enjoyers and I cant say I listen to much of the genre.

Thanks for any suggestions as I figure out my purchases :)

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #63,775 of 63,856
Truth be told I am surprised by the ZSN Pro 2 with a faaeal hibiscus cable running balanced. Real value for money!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #63,776 of 63,856
Wow really appreciate it was about to buy. I'll check out the trio then.

Another question I had.. is the a16 pro x worth the extra money over the a16?

EDIT: I'm trying to limit myself to 3 pairs of iems. I got the ESX and cca trio so far. Right now for the 3rd I'm debating between the kz pr2, a16 pro, and a16 pro x. I dont have a headphone amp for the pr2. I use an ipod classic. The pr2 interest me but not sure if ipod would give it enough juice. The a16 pro and pro x really interest me as well because I dont own a balanced armature 16 total drivers is enticing me but good bass is important and they apparently are lacking. Previous reviewer says great for classical music enjoyers and I cant say I listen to much of the genre.

Thanks for any suggestions as I figure out my purchases :)
The KZ all BA iem i have is AS10, AS12 and ASX. Still love the ASX wide nozzle mode without mesh. I have not heard the AS16 and Pro X. so no comment.
Ipod will not power properly the PR2.

Apr 15, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #63,777 of 63,856
So, these are the reviews we are waiting:

- KZ ZS10 PRO 2
- KZ AS16 Pro X
- CCA CRA Pro

I have the LZ A7 and several others top IEMs. I don't need more.
Therefore, why the hell do I want to read about these new KZs?

Edit: After posting I read my post and it may sound sarcastic, but it's not. I'm actually still curious about new budget cost/benefit IEMS.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 8:45 PM Post #63,778 of 63,856
Truth be told I am surprised by the ZSN Pro 2 with a faaeal hibiscus cable running balanced. Real value for money!
that wonderful new gen DD in ZSN Pro2 seems to be going into ZS10 Pro2 as well.
so finger crossed for that one to be good as well.

KZ remain very good for value under $60 ish.
while their more expensive offering wasn't bad, its not as dominant as their more budget offering.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 4:24 AM Post #63,779 of 63,856
This is weird,
After the stepchild as16prox being sold without fanfare or even available in KZ official stores...

Now we got KZ CRA PRO being sold only through third party and without proper announcement.

Screenshot_20240416_151845_AliExpress.jpg

Screenshot_20240416_151809_AliExpress.jpg

Screenshot_20240416_152105_AliExpress.jpg

You could find it in multiple different different aliexpress store for $25~30 ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back