Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 17, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #53,821 of 63,836
Jan 17, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #53,822 of 63,836
Jan 17, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #53,823 of 63,836
More expansive than ZAX hehe.
Its probably someone who sells them via dropshipping
More expensive, but better!

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #53,825 of 63,836
@Alpha Whale - yep you've got it there. I do prefer a warmer presentation without being too dark. Blon BL05S is my favourite IEM of all, though there is something addictive about the Blon 03 too. My hi-fi setup is Nad electronics, with a Rega turntable and big old Wharfedale floorstanders so I guess it's no surprise I like a warm, hefty presentation (without straying too far from neutral). I also listen really loud which doesn't help matters.

@Dani157 - the VAT is the same as we've always been subjected to. The only difference is we actually pay it now!

Jan 17, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #53,827 of 63,836
I’m genuinely impressed with the BA10. It certainly has it’s faults and limitations, and it is not the most natural sounding. It’s can sometimes be like an LED LCD TV with oversaturated settings, but boy is it fun and exciting! There is something about it’s overall tonality that I find simply enjoyable, just like the BL03. I never get fatigued listening to it, and if I want to use some EQ, it responds really well to it.

I am certainly not claiming that it is “better“ than the Fearless S8 Pro, but all I can say is that I find it much more enjoyable to listen to, other than maybe timbral accuracy.

Jan 17, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #53,828 of 63,836
That's cruel man, i love the Zs6 and would probably get the zs7 if available at Ali.

Maybe we could all do a group petition to bring back the 7s? :-D

There’s a set on eBay right now

Jan 17, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #53,829 of 63,836
I thought I was going mad or hearing things! I definitely hear a bit of tonal weirdness at certain frequencies, they're also just a tad bright for me. Considering how poor my higher frequency hearing is, I'm really susceptible to stabby trebles. They're not that bad but they are right on the limit for me.

I noticed the same thing on my grey pair - some sort of tonal weirdness going on somewhere in the midrange.

I don’t have a lot of head time on them though, so it could have been the tips, cable, source, particular track, or even just my mood that day.

Either way, I’m waiting for my silver pair to arrive. Once it does, it will be easy to A/B them to see if there is something wrong with my grey pair, or if that’s just the way the coherency turned out with those particular 3 drivers.

Jan 17, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #53,830 of 63,836
finally came my DQ6. Well, I'm amazed at their sound quality! Firstly, these headphones provide you with a fairly neutral sound delivery with excellent development of the high frequencies, while there is no brightness and loose upper mids as usual. The bass is a little soft, it lacks percussiveness and clarity a little, but in general, it is quite linear and does not bang in your head. The high frequencies are quite detailed and have very good weight. The landing is excellent, the hulls are very beautiful and mesmerizing. In fact, these are the same KZ Z1 only with bset dense tops.
my small video "hands on" (RU lang)

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #53,831 of 63,836
finally came my QD6. Well, I'm amazed at their sound quality! Firstly, these headphones provide you with a fairly neutral sound delivery with excellent development of the high frequencies, while there is no brightness and loose upper mids as usual. The bass is a little soft, it lacks percussiveness and clarity a little, but in general, it is quite linear and does not bang in your head. The high frequencies are quite detailed and have very good weight. The landing is excellent, the hulls are very beautiful and mesmerizing. In fact, these are the same KZ Z1 only with bset dense tops.
my small video "hands on" (RU lang)

I'm guessing you using stock cable hence the bass is little soft? After some cable rollings, I ended up with OFHC 24 AWG 6N High Purity Copper Cable.☺️

Jan 18, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #53,832 of 63,836
Jan 18, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #53,834 of 63,836
BA10 impressions after burn in: So, after about 80 hours burn in, I must say highs are tamed so that they're not grainy anymore. Same songs as benchmark, same device. At first I wasn' t sure if keeping them, I was disappointed, but now I will keep them for sure.
Bass is incredibly tight and fast, listen to Portony's double bass work on Oblivion, by The Winery Dogs; it never looses control, listen to Krush by Niacin, where Billy Sheehan complex bass lines flow away with ease.
As said before, burn in tamed highs so those grainy cymbals are gone.
I feel it's not perfect, something about mids tonality doesn't satisfy me, but for 53.80 Euro it's a steal.

Jan 18, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #53,835 of 63,836
BA10 impressions after burn in: So, after about 80 hours burn in, I must say highs are tamed so that they're not grainy anymore. Same songs as benchmark, same device. At first I wasn' t sure if keeping them, I was disappointed, but now I will keep them for sure.
Bass is incredibly tight and fast, listen to Portony's double bass work on Oblivion, by The Winery Dogs; it never looses control, listen to Krush by Niacin, where Billy Sheehan complex bass lines flow away with ease.
As said before, burn in tamed highs so those grainy cymbals are gone.
I feel it's not perfect, something about mids tonality doesn't satisfy me, but for 53.80 Euro it's a steal.
Try a pure copper cable. Timbre really improves in the mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back