Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 16, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #53,791 of 63,917
I kinda wish KZ would drop some closed bass monsters already.
I want it to have the technical ability so it still sounds good in the mids and treble, but overall i want something different and more fun in my collection than another fake "monitor sound".

Find a way to stick a 20mm driver in there!

Jan 16, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #53,792 of 63,917
No problems with service here in the UK. About 14 days all in door to door. Just 20% more expensive now.
We will pay now for all the tax we 'saved' before 😄

Jan 16, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #53,793 of 63,917
I kinda wish KZ would drop some closed bass monsters already.
I want it to have the technical ability so it still sounds good in the mids and treble, but overall i want something different and more fun in my collection than another fake "monitor sound".

Find a way to stick a 20mm driver in there!
The blons are perfect for that.

Jan 16, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #53,794 of 63,917
It seems that for some who got DQ6, (DQ6) "honeymoon is over" as RadioHead would say in their "Backdrifts" song! :sweat_smile:

And, at least for Slex they sound almost as good - if not better-(and quite identical?) to one of the most acclaimed iEMs of 2020's end of year, the extremely well received NM2+, wow! :heart_eyes:

Anyway, with those differences in judgement (of course, unavoidable as we all hear things differently, with different sound preferences!), and as mine are on their way to my home, I'll hear by myself what they sound like! But I admit it's getting intriguing and I'm now impatient to test them. :relaxed:

Jan 16, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #53,797 of 63,917
Yes, the honeymoon is over. Still love mine although it has been sidelined by a planar cans that cost almost 20x of the DQ6. :sweat_smile: :relieved:

Jan 16, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #53,798 of 63,917
The 03?
I read their fit is weird and that always spell trouble for me. I am curious though.

I have some large drivers Awei earphones which i like for bass fun...but i want that kz fit and tech ability as well.

Maybe the zs10 pro?
Zs7

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #53,800 of 63,917
The 03?
I read their fit is weird and that always spell trouble for me. I am curious though.

I have some large drivers Awei earphones which i like for bass fun...but i want that kz fit and tech ability as well.

Maybe the zs10 pro?

The physical fit is fine. The eartips don't fit anyone and the stock cable pulls the 03 out of your ears.

Jan 16, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #53,802 of 63,917
I was lucky with the stock tips of the 03 and the cable did pull them out of my ears and never had that problem with any KZ gear surprisingly.

I believe later revisions shipped with slightly more normal tips, much the same as the ones shipped with the 05 and 01. Given the number of people who don't think the soundstage is "intimate" and who don't hear the uneven tonality slipping down the bass frequencies I might have to pick up a pair of later ones (mine were among the very first shipped, bought blind on Ali as a lucky bag).

KZ accessories do what they need to. Sometimes I find the medium tips too small and the large too big (on the DQ6 and ZST X off the top of my head) and the cables tangle really badly for whatever reason, but they do their job adequately. Worth bearing in mind when comparing to Blon where you need to budget for cable and tips.

Jan 16, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #53,805 of 63,917
The 03?

Maybe the zs10 pro?
Cut up the stem from the BL03 stock tips (they are trash anyway) about 1-2mm and insert it on the BL03 nozzle stem all the way until it touch the body. Buy AZLA Xelastec (I use XL) and enjoy your BL03. You can also buy the KBEAR 8 core silver plated 2 pin cable for a better cable experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back