Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 16, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #53,806 of 63,919
Cut up the stem from the BL03 stock tips (they are trash anyway) about 1-2mm and insert it on the BL03 nozzle stem all the way until it touch the body. Buy AZLA Xelastec (I use XL) and enjoy your BL03. You can also buy the KBEAR 8 core silver plated 2 pin cable for a better cable experience.
Could you speak a little more on the sound comparison between the bl03 and dq6?

Jan 16, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #53,807 of 63,919
I think it's more because the US's postal service is currently a huge dumpster fire. The package is in the country, but it hasn't made any progress in weeks. I've already had to file several disputes for other orders, I hope I don't have to on these.

I have two in the same situation. Are yours stuck at the Ali distribution but never handed off to USPS?

Jan 16, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #53,808 of 63,919
Could you speak a little more on the sound comparison between the bl03 and dq6?
The dq6 is a more balance than the bl03. The bass is tighter on dq6 while the blon has more rumble and longer decay. The mid on dq6 is abit more forward and more detailed. The treble on both are rolled off, but the dq6 has a faster decay. If you like bassy iem, the blon is like having a ported subwoofer while the dq6 is a sealed subwoofer. If you love a more balance sound, the dq6 is the way to go imho.

Jan 16, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #53,809 of 63,919
The dq6 is a more balance than the bl03. The bass is tighter on dq6 while the blon has more rumble and longer decay. The mid on dq6 is abit more forward and more detailed. The treble on both are rolled off, but the dq6 has a faster decay. If you like bassy iem, the blon is like having a ported subwoofer while the dq6 is a sealed subwoofer. If you love a more balance sound, the dq6 is the way to go imho.
Great thanks. So safe to say the dq6 is the most blon like model they make? Squirt gun to your head which one do you keep?

I ask because I really like the 03 and am trying to decide between a zsx and the dq6.

Jan 16, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #53,810 of 63,919
Great thanks. So safe to say the dq6 is the most blon like model they make? Squirt gun to your head which one do you keep?

I ask because I really like the 03 and am trying to decide between a zsx and the dq6.
DQ6. I think it is more versatile than the BL03. Fit is also much much better.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #53,811 of 63,919
Cut up the stem from the BL03 stock tips (they are trash anyway) about 1-2mm and insert it on the BL03 nozzle stem all the way until it touch the body. Buy AZLA Xelastec (I use XL) and enjoy your BL03. You can also buy the KBEAR 8 core silver plated 2 pin cable for a better cable experience.

Wow, how come i never thought about cutting the eartips' stem? Haha

Does the bl03 get along with the bt20s pro? If so, using which connector?

Jan 16, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #53,812 of 63,919

regular 2pin
20210116_190533.jpg

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #53,815 of 63,919
All this talk about the DQ6 is driving me nuts. Mine has been stuck in Jersey for 2 weeks now at the "distribution center". Ali shipping has gotten really bad the last few months.
I agree the shipping has gotten terrible.. Part of f the problem is the US Postal service.. Somewhere in its journey my BA10 was stolen from the package and the package was retaped with only the extra cable that I purchased along with the BA10.. . I have a dispute going that probably will determine whether or not I trust shipping from AE in the future.. Better to pay a bit more with Guarenteed delivery from Amazon, with a shorter delivery time and excellent customer care.. AE customer care is starting to get sketchy... Jmo

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #53,816 of 63,919

i use the recessed 2pin for the Blons on my BT20S pro, but regular 2 pin connector also works
Screenshot_20210117-125532.jpg

Jan 17, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #53,817 of 63,919
Just got the Dq6 and must say that I'm very happy with it! Just wondering that should I go for the ZAX next or should I spend my money on buying a better source than my galaxy s9 (Might be the Fiio M3K). I had the Zs5,6,7 but sold it all and now sticking with the Dq6

better source, get BTR5, it will upgrade any of your current iem

Jan 17, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #53,818 of 63,919
I thought I was going mad or hearing things! I definitely hear a bit of tonal weirdness at certain frequencies, they're also just a tad bright for me. Considering how poor my higher frequency hearing is, I'm really susceptible to stabby trebles. They're not that bad but they are right on the limit for me.

Sounds like you may prefer a more warm presentation which the DQ6 can definitely do with a bit of eartip rolling. I've gone the other way, though, starting off warm and then working the DQ6 to deliver a more revealing presentation.

It's great to have a very comfortable in-ear with so much versatility.

I have CCA CST as well, and surely single DD is more coherent, but then DQ6 have some good approximation of resolution.

Again, I mostly in all-BAs, but DQ6 really pleasantly surprised me.

I have to say that I, too, am very pleasantly surprised that the DQ6 holds the resolution that it does. The AS12 definitely outperforms the DQ6 on resolution but now the difficulty is that I have only one set of ears so which one do I listen to?

For classical music I think the AS12 takes the gold medal for its technical prowess and life-like presentation of stringed instruments. The quicker decay across the board keeps the presentation so very clean.

That said, the DQ6 still performs well with classical so it takes the silver medal. It does offer more weight in each note but that is the "catch 22". The lower frequencies tend to decay at a slower pace so the presentation isn't as clean when compared side by side with the AS12.

The truth is that I had a much more difficult time regarding preference when listening to other genres. The benefit of "more weight in each note", not to mention the improved timbre, give the DQ6 a very natural and velvet-like smoothness that is addicting

To my ears, the sound signature of these two in-ears are quite similar, which is what I was hoping for when I viewed B9's FR graph. It's the only FR graph I've seen as of yet and to my ears it is representative of what the DQ6 sounds like. I don't hear a sub bass roll off, just a clean, deep and textured frequency response.

20210107_171947.jpg

The two have much in common and yet differ enough to compliment each other. The DQ6 offers the comfort of climbing into a bed fitted with flannel sheets in the dead of winter. You don't want to get out of bed. The AS12 offers the comfort of climbing into a bed fitted with cool cotton sheets on a warm summer evening. You can't wait to get into bed and feel the coolness of the cotton on your skin.

I am extremely happy with both models. They were both tuned very well.

I kinda wish KZ would drop some closed bass monsters already.

Hopefully, KZ will put another ridiculously fun (non-TWS) dual dynamic in-ear on their drawing board for us since they are revisiting dynamic drivers.

Resurrect the sound signature of a perennial favorite.
20210116_234455.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. I have older BossHiFi/Blon models but I skipped the 03 (fit), 05 (tuning), 05s (color) and the 01 (almost pulled the trigger on these).

Great timing on the release of the DQ6 for me.

And now KZ has finally released something I've been silently hoping they would release.
20210116_205736.jpg

20210116_205702.jpg

20210116_205620.jpg

20210116_210224.jpg

I've wanted this color copper QDC from KZ.
$8 is a steal if they measure well enough.
Now, if they can also offer it in black as well.

I'm stoked but at $8 (full retail price) these should be standard issue on every KZ offered.

Yes, the upgrade cables are an additional income stream for KZ and yes, KZ is almost singlehandedly responsible for making upgrade cables a necessity when it comes to buying Chi-Fi in-ears.

Enough, already.

Just include this cable (which probably costs them $1 or $2 to manufacture) with every KZ. I'm getting more perturbed about having to replace the basic tangle-prone travesty that's included with each KZ.

There is nothing wrong with a making a profit but I don't like KZ giving me the middle finger just because they can.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #53,819 of 63,919
No problems with service here in the UK. About 14 days all in door to door. Just 20% more expensive now.

My bad that I wasn't clear enough about UK. I was referring to the increased VAT and not shipping speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back