Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #46,516 of 63,917
Just ordered a set of the KZ T1, I have been interested in Bluetooth iems for a while now, and the price is pretty good. Plus I need a set at work I can slip in my pocket when I’m at lunch.

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #46,517 of 63,917
ZS7 sounds really good, I think you’ll like them. I think they sound as good or better than my UE TF10 that I had made into a custom.

You guys talked me into a ZS7 today. I don’t even like iems. I’m gonna try them with my Bt10 for starters. If I like them, Bt20s will be ordered. Going to see if they beat my true wireless headsets of which I have tried many.

Aug 10, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #46,518 of 63,917
Well, I didn't mean it that way. For how well it performs, you won't think it's $20. Some friends of mine actually prefers it more than my other IEMs.

Didn't keep that ones. If I can't bump slightly the volume on a song I enjoy without feeling "pain" it's not worth it to me, and that's exactly the problem with the ZSN. To a lesser extent with the ZS10 pro but that "agression" characteristic is still looming.

Regardless of price I don't like to be agressed lol.

ZS7 is the most forward sound I tolerate comfortably, but for long sessions it's really relaxing to go back to my KB100 or KPE (apparently there's a bqeyz B1 that has the same characteristics than KB100, just more bass, it's around 36€ atm on ali, if anyone wants good value but something different, as KZ is a bit more of the same lately, look em up)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #46,519 of 63,917
KZ stock cable after 2-3 months of daily use: the softness is gone. :ksc75smile:
3MQz9Ew.jpg

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #46,520 of 63,917
Didn't keep that ones. If I can't bump slightly the volume on a song I enjoy without feeling "pain" it's not worth it to me, and that's exactly the problem with the ZSN. To a lesser extent with the ZS10 pro but that "agression" characteristic is still looming.

Regardless of price I don't like to be agressed lol.

ZS7 is the most forward sound I tolerate comfortably, but for long sessions it's really relaxing to go back to my KB100 or KPE (apparently there's a bqeyz B1 that has the same characteristics than KB100, just more bass, it's around 36€ atm on ali, if anyone wants good value but something different, as KZ is a bit more of the same lately, look em up)
My ZSN aren’t aggressive in the treble at all. Treble is present but never crosses the line with ANY type of music. Is your amp super bright?

Aug 10, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #46,521 of 63,917
It's more the artificial mids, didn't find them exaggeratedly bright. Hard to describe but I find those anything but relaxed, like very excited / in your face in fact. Highly personal I think, albeit there seems to be a consensus that the kb100 for example are "laid back" which I find too, so probably not only me.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #46,522 of 63,917
+1 I like the Newbee's best for most of my iems. They are soft and comfortable. The Complys feel rough and scratchy in comparison. The Newbee also has a wider bore, so the mids and treble sound intact, but provide a good seal for deep bass. The Complys sound bass heavy, and mids and treble muffled.

I haven’t tried the NewBees but I have TRN and KZ and they’re both great quality for less than $2 for 6. The KZ look like they have a slightly wider bore than the TRN and the NiceHCK and Tin HiFi foams. They’re all fairly close though.

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #46,523 of 63,917
How does the ZS10 Pro stack up against the BA10? Is the later still worthy of purchase?

Well for me the BA10 is smooth as butter in comparison the Pro gets a little bright on the top end and the low end gets a little loose but this is just how these two sound for me and honestly I prefer my ZS7 to the Pro.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #46,524 of 63,917
Yet there are still lots of complaints about it being too bright. Go figure...
If anyone thinks the AS10 are bright.....then fill your ear canals with cotton before listening to the A10. After owning the AS12 and A10 my AS10 are virtually unlistenable. I find the entire treble region stepped down too much to the point it feels separate from the midrange and everything below.

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #46,525 of 63,917
Man, the last thing I need is another set of iems...but everyone keeps praising the ZS7 so much, I almost feel like I need these suckers in my collection. Love the fact that I can use pretty much any 2 pin I currently own or may buy in the future, but I'm in doubt and leary of the reported large size of those shells. ZS10 PRO fits me great, so does the new Nicehck NX7, which seems even smaller. Moondrop KPE is also great. All fairly small iems, that insert quite deep into my ears. I'm still not sure I could handle the comfort issue with the large size shells of the ZS7.
I just ordered the ZS7 and the respective 16 core, TRN T2, 2.5 mm

I have no idea why I'm thinking this might be a positive tweak on my Moondrop KPE's sound signature. But my Radsone ES100 should be more than able to EQ out any excessive sparkles that some reviewers have mentioned.

Edit:
Oh yeah, it's posts like this: :beerchug::gs1000smile:
Well for me the BA10 is smooth as butter in comparison the Pro gets a little bright on the too end and the low end gets a little loose but this is just how these two sound for me and honestly I prefer my ZS7 to the Pro.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #46,526 of 63,917
I thought you were going to say: "a huge pain in the ass" but I guess you dont put your wallet in your back pocket. :wink:
Nope...but I get where you're coming from. My wallet is too filled up with cards, to make it comfortable to put back there. I keep it in my backpack, and usually only take the cards I need into the store I'm shopping at. Always in side pockets, btw. Anyone who gets THAT close to me, is guaranteed gonna get punched in the face!

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #46,527 of 63,917

I have no idea why I'm thinking this might be a positive tweak on my Moondrop KPE's sound signature. But my Radsone ES100 should be more than able to EQ out any excessive sparkles that some reviewers have mentioned.

Edit:
Yeah, nice choice. I agree...the ES100 should work great with the ZS7. Do try to make use of that 2.5 balanced out. I have found balanced almost always sounds better than 3.5. Let us all know what you think about the ZS7, when you get them, and have had a chance to evaluate with your new cable.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #46,528 of 63,917

Edit:

You have read where I also state I’m not treble sensitive in the least right? Just want to state everyone does not here them the same or as I do! I feel a little pressure especially if they are not what you are expecting but at the same time they may and of course that 16 core will have them looking as good as they sound:beerchug:

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #46,529 of 63,917
Fit is everything and a lot of people have trouble getting a good fit and seal. Especially with the Roxanne and good fit and deep insertion is critical or the sound is all messed up, I have musician fit and had to have material added past the first bend to get a great seal...it’s a pain in the ass..

Lmao! You sound just like I did about a year ago. I had bought a TOTL iem back in 2005...and HATED it! Spent $500, and thought it sounded like crap. I swore I'd never buy another ever again in my life. But these things have become so much better in the past 14 years, that I'm getting addicted and have bought 5 over the past 6 months. I'm also wanting to pull the plug on the ZS7. Maybe next month. Only thing holding me back is how big the shells are. Just not sure if they will fit my smaller ears well. But I'm intrigued by the bass performance and soundstage. Being a headfi member can be a huge pain in the wallet!

Aug 11, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #46,530 of 63,917
Fit is everything and a lot of people have trouble getting a good fit and seal. Especially with the Roxanne and good fit and deep insertion is critical or the sound is all messed up, I have musician fit and had to have material added past the first bend to get a great seal...it’s a pain in the ass..

I have the v1 with those adjustable pods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back