Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 10, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #46,501 of 63,834
Man, the last thing I need is another set of iems...but everyone keeps praising the ZS7 so much, I almost feel like I need these suckers in my collection. Love the fact that I can use pretty much any 2 pin I currently own or may buy in the future, but I'm in doubt and leary of the reported large size of those shells. ZS10 PRO fits me great, so does the new Nicehck NX7, which seems even smaller. Moondrop KPE is also great. All fairly small iems, that insert quite deep into my ears. I'm still not sure I could handle the comfort issue with the large size shells of the ZS7.
I don't have a problem with fit on the ZS7. I do have large ear canals but there is little difference for me between the ZS7 and the ZS10 Pro in fit. I use Spiral Dots on the ZS7 which provide good comfort and sound.

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #46,502 of 63,834
The ZS7 are not big, don't obsess over it. They look bigger in picture than irl.

The ZS10 pro is more comfortable to me, but the ZS7 is fine, it's not a BA10. It's an iem I use to get a kick anyway, 1/2 hours at most.

I wouldn't want to have only that one, but I would truly hate not to have it, if that makes sense.

I think it's the best actual value at that price, and I've not been shilling (quite the opposite) any other KZ products

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #46,503 of 63,834
+1 I like the Newbee's best for most of my iems. They are soft and comfortable. The Complys feel rough and scratchy in comparison. The Newbee also has a wider bore, so the mids and treble sound intact, but provide a good seal for deep bass. The Complys sound bass heavy, and mids and treble muffled.

I've been stocking up on the Blue, Tin Audio tips, they sit a little deeper and even though they only come in one size, my asymmetrical ear canals both get a good seal. Here's a comparison to the New Bees, large
tips1.jpg
tips2.jpg

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #46,504 of 63,834
I don't have a problem with fit on the ZS7. I do have large ear canals but there is little difference for me between the ZS7 and the ZS10 Pro in fit. I use Spiral Dots on the ZS7 which provide good comfort and sound.

Is the ZS7 shell the same size as the ZS6?

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #46,505 of 63,834
AS10 are quite warm ("dark" in some ways/perception/language) but not loosing resolution, definitely a touch "darker" than BA10.
Then good "old ZS10" are a reference point how "dark" KZ could go.

I do enjoy my CCA C16 and A10 (as well as AS10) now and finally ordered KZ AS12 to embrace all new highs :)
Congratulations :)
After a while of listening the sound is focused on a quite narrow range at heights. But it is decently detailed and precise. And then, there's the Bass, I guarantee you didn't hear anything like that.
With a good cable and hw and sw source you will be rewarded with technically good sound and interesting, original tuning. One week I like it more and the second week less.
I'm curious about your observations.

Aug 10, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #46,506 of 63,834
Aug 10, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #46,507 of 63,834
Aug 10, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #46,508 of 63,834
Is the ZS7 shell the same size as the ZS6?
I took another look and mine seem identical in size. A minor drawback of the ZS7 IMO is the somewhat delicate anodizing job, another undocumented feature KZ copied from the Andromedas, lol. The 7s have been my daily beaters in the literal sense for about three months now, but I've treated my grey, 2nd gen ZS6 about the same way for some months longer and they still look somewhat better, not at last because of their brighter, silver-grey finish which is a closer match to the aluminum underneath.
BTW ... again, high time for KZ to get back to these time-proven, rugged 2-pin connections instead of that newer crumbling plastic crap they've tried on the ZSN (Pro), ZS10 Pro, et al.

IMG_20190810_123010-02.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #46,509 of 63,834
I've been stocking up on the Blue, Tin Audio tips, they sit a little deeper and even though they only come in one size, my asymmetrical ear canals both get a good seal. Here's a comparison to the New Bees, large

They sit deeper because they’re shorter. You can see it in your photos. To make ‘T2 foams’ out of your other ones, take a razor blade and slice off some of the back of the other tip. Boom :wink:

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #46,510 of 63,834
If you contact Linsoul directly through Amazon you can buy those blue tips by themselves, 20 pair are $30. Right now they are also including 1 set with the tin hifi case they sell: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RXRQ3YJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just letting you know in case you want more :)

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #46,511 of 63,834
If you contact Linsoul directly through Amazon you can buy those blue tips by themselves, 20 pair are $30. Right now they are also including 1 set with the tin hifi case they sell: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RXRQ3YJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just letting you know in case you want more :)
Too late for me. I bought 4 of their P1 cases, to get my cache of tips. :ksc75smile:

$10 each, with 3 pairs of tips:
https://www.linsoul.com/product-page/tin-hifi-earphone-case

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #46,512 of 63,834
just got the zs10 pro to replace my lost es4. Hard to tell by memory, but these seems less bassy but more detailed.

so far sound like a good supplement to the tin t2. Only thing is the apt-x hd cables stick out a little on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back