Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 10, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #46,486 of 63,836
Hi all, I just got a set of ZS10 Pro based on good reviews here and love them! Have been lurking and reading a heap of pages in this thread so thanks for all the advice and input :)
The large stock tips fit me reasonably well and give a decent seal but I am thinking about getting some new tips. Would the Spinfit CP145 fit? I'm either looking at those or some Comply Isolation/Comfort 500 tips.
Thanks!

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #46,487 of 63,836
Lmao! You sound just like I did about a year ago. I had bought a TOTL iem back in 2005...and HATED it! Spent $500, and thought it sounded like crap. I swore I'd never buy another ever again in my life. But these things have become so much better in the past 14 years, that I'm getting addicted and have bought 5 over the past 6 months. I'm also wanting to pull the plug on the ZS7. Maybe next month. Only thing holding me back is how big the shells are. Just not sure if they will fit my smaller ears well. But I'm intrigued by the bass performance and soundstage. Being a headfi member can be a huge pain in the wallet!

Bro, I bought JHaudio roxanne ($1400) and that thing is sibilance monster and it hurt my ear within 30 minutes of using because the damn nozzle is just too big. My ear hole can only stretch so much. Then come 1964audio with its "budget" offerings ($500 - $900) for their universal IEMs which I love back then, but they also starting to get way too expensive now.

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #46,488 of 63,836
Hi all, I just got a set of ZS10 Pro based on good reviews here and love them! Have been lurking and reading a heap of pages in this thread so thanks for all the advice and input :)
The large stock tips fit me reasonably well and give a decent seal but I am thinking about getting some new tips. Would the Spinfit CP145 fit? I'm either looking at those or some Comply Isolation/Comfort 500 tips.
Thanks!

Comply is good. Try newbee comply too if you want a cheaper option.

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #46,489 of 63,836
Thanks!

I don't use foam tips but spinfit CP100 fits the KZ ZS10 pro for me well. Provides more comfort and isolation than stock tips, YMMV.
Not sure about CP145, don't have any on hand.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #46,490 of 63,836
Mine is the gold version. My source has been Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, Google Pixel XL, and my Dell XPS 13. All work flawlessly with ATH-M50xBT, TRN headsets, the KZ aptX and aptX HD cables.

They could definitely sound good if there wasnt so much compression on the highs. Their transmit distance, like other KZ BT products is poor. Maybe I just have too high expectations for TWS.

I blame it on my old ears that I cannot hear any compression ... few years ago I did a test and could very well hear the difference between 320 and 128 mp3s .. I am obviously deteriorating ... maybe a blessing in disguise?

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #46,491 of 63,836
Yeah Citral, I took the B style cable off my C10's and put them on the ZS10 Pro's. It's not the prettiest setup, but it does fit on snugly with only a little bit of the female part of the connector exposed. I'll include a picture below.

Hrrm, I cant for the life of me, get my picture to show up in my original post lol! It shows up in the privew and I attach it. Save it. Then nothing?

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #46,492 of 63,836
Only iem to date that has come close to cans for me is the xelento. But they cost a fortune and have serious driver flex issues. I’ve tried almost every high end true wireless and only mw07 has offered sq that i consider excellent. Hoping this setup can give me a great sq solution for the gym. And yes, headfi is expensive. But it’s nothing compared to the guys on watchuseek.com.
Iems are a totally different animal, compared to over ear headphones. There's lots to be said for headphones; better stage, openness, bass definition, etc. For me though, the best of the best, are too heavy and make my ears sweat. My HE4XX weigh a ton, and I wanna take them off after 20 or 30 minutes because my ears start to get too hot. I'm ready to sell them. Only over ear cans I have (and will keep) are my Takstar Pro82. They sound great, and are very lightweight. I can wear them for hours. Of my current crop of iems, they all sound a bit different, and I can't decide which ones I like better. It depends on the type/genre of music I'm listening to at the time. That's what's so great about them. If you look at it in terms of over ear headphones or even speakers, you have to spend hundreds or thousands....and even if you do, there's no guarantee that they will sound great no matter what kind of music you throw at them. That's why I like iems...you can get them cheap enough, so you can experiment with different sound signatures. You're not investing thousands in a set of headphones or speakers that can only do one or two genres great, but everything else sounds like crap. We are in an age now, with iems, that we can afford to buy multiple sets to experiment with, depending on genres. I like to listen to all types of music, so in my experience, I've never found a single transducer that works awesome with all music. That's why it's great to have so many great affordable choices, nowadays. People DON'T have to spend several hundreds or thousands on great sounding gear. These newer iems are letting people get many different sets, for less than a single set of TOTL iems...which may sound outstanding with 1 or 2 genres, but don't cut it with others. Less expensive iems that are tuned well for certain types of music, make it easier to get a great sound with whatever types of music you feel like listening to at any given moment. That's why I love this iem/personal audio hobby. You don't have to be tied down to one specific set, because there's enough affordable stuff out there that you can own more than one set. Try doing that with a speaker based system for example. You will quickly end up in bankruptcy.

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:23 AM Post #46,493 of 63,836
Ah, y'all are killing me haha. Now I wanna check out the ZS7, but honestly that ZSX is looking gorgeous! I wonder how they'll sound...? Might have to wait for those to come out and pick up a pair. I'll have to see how the community feels about em. Lol my collection is slowly growing, and I think my obsession might be too lol.. Just a little...

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #46,494 of 63,836
:triportsad:
Bro, I bought JHaudio roxanne ($1400) and that thing is sibilance monster and it hurt my ear within 30 minutes of using because the damn nozzle is just too big. My ear hole can only stretch so much. Then come 1964audio with its "budget" offerings ($500 - $900) for their universal IEMs which I love back then, but they also starting to get way too expensive now.
Wow...that's so much coin, for a set that doesn't live up to your expectations and that you can't even enjoy for a long period of time. That really sucks! It's why I've set a budget for myself. I couldn't even imagine how I'd feel if I dropped a grand or more on a set, and then didn't like them.

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #46,495 of 63,836
Comply is good. Try newbee comply too if you want a cheaper option.
+1 I like the Newbee's best for most of my iems. They are soft and comfortable. The Complys feel rough and scratchy in comparison. The Newbee also has a wider bore, so the mids and treble sound intact, but provide a good seal for deep bass. The Complys sound bass heavy, and mids and treble muffled.

Aug 10, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #46,496 of 63,836
Ah, y'all are killing me haha. Now I wanna check out the ZS7, but honestly that ZSX is looking gorgeous! I wonder how they'll sound...? Might have to wait for those to come out and pick up a pair. I'll have to see how the community feels about em. Lol my collection is slowly growing, and I think my obsession might be too lol.. Just a little...
As many of us here are fond of saying: "Welcome to headfi...sorry about your wallet!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back