1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. Podster
    Right! Of course you know I’m not treble sensitive at all so none have ever effected me as some. I love my ZST’s and ZS6’s but I can tell a major diff in them and my ZS10 Pro’s and for sure the BA10. Waiting to hear your take on the ZSX:k701smile:

2. B9Scrambler
    You'll be waiting a long time. Not buying any more KZs until they do something different. Or go back to cheap, single dynamics. I fully expect the ZSX to sound like yet another tweak on the same formula they've used since they started implementing BAs.

3. Makahl
    I think ZS3 was a hard task for KZ at that time, a bunch of issues. I also got a pair with a faulty loose socket, hopefully, long pins like the cheap TRN cable works fine, but the stock KZ cables is impossible to make it work.

P90809-195303.jpg

So far my ZS10 Pro connector still ok. Most reports of the C-type faulty ones (3-4 cases here?) are coming from ZSN so might it's a QC thing for this particular model.

4. Slater
    What are all you people doing to your poor KZs?

I guess I baby my KZs too much then. Mine are always cleaned off and rolled up and stored snug in their storage cases, etc. Maybe that's why none of my sockets have fallen apart - I need to start slappin' em around! Child abuse!!

haha

5. Nailzs

I was starting to think I was the only person that liked the AS16.

B9Scrambler likes this.
  6. Makahl
    Lol, but I've received it already like that. All my KZs are fine, though. ZS3 was a bit problematic (driver dying on me, crocked tube, faulty socket) but... I still enjoy it for electronic music. :)

Slater likes this.
  7. Podster
    Now see my brother at this point I figure KZ has already discovered the are just re-hashing the 4-5 BA single DD format and the ZSX will be a different design and signature altogether however I have been off with them before I think the ZSX will be their next step in their multi BA single DD progression. I may be wrong but I think they are making the next step

LaughMoreDaily and B9Scrambler like this.
  8. courierdriver
    Man, the last thing I need is another set of iems...but everyone keeps praising the ZS7 so much, I almost feel like I need these suckers in my collection. Love the fact that I can use pretty much any 2 pin I currently own or may buy in the future, but I'm in doubt and leary of the reported large size of those shells. ZS10 PRO fits me great, so does the new Nicehck NX7, which seems even smaller. Moondrop KPE is also great. All fairly small iems, that insert quite deep into my ears. I'm still not sure I could handle the comfort issue with the large size shells of the ZS7.

9. gourab1995
    Despite the large shells comfort is not an issue to me. I even go to sleep with them on. But that's me. Normal usage should be completely pleasant for most people.

archdawg and courierdriver like this.
  10. courierdriver
    +2. Yeah, I'm not a fan of those protruding connectors either. It's a bitch to find cables that fit properly and securely. I hate being limited to my cable choices, just because of a weird form factor. I haven't experienced any problems with my JCally balanced cable, but then again, I'm not the type to constantly swap out cables. It is kinda disconcerting though, to see photos and read posts about how these things break so easily. I think a more traditional 2 pin design would be a much better solution.

archdawg likes this.
  11. courierdriver
    My sentiments EXACTLY!

12. voicemaster
    Just got my trn bt20s and I am loving the improvement on an already good item. No AptX -> AptX now (no AptX HD but AptX is definitely good enough for portable use), 6 hours battery -> 8 hours now, mushy button -> clicky button (button feels stronger and raised a little bit more than the previous model) and a weak charging jack port -> more robust charging jack port. Nothing more to say about this awesome bluetooth adapter. I think KZ, TRN, CCA and IEMs with detachable cable lover need to have at least one Trn Bt20s in their arsenal. I am using this with my ZS10 pro and they works great together. Oh and no lag that I noticed so far. Youtube works fine with previous and new model, but when playing video through vlc on my phone, the old bt20 definitely has a delay while the new bt20s doesn't.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Dani157 likes this.
  13. clerkpalmer
    You guys talked me into a ZS7 today. I don’t even like iems. I’m gonna try them with my Bt10 for starters. If I like them, Bt20s will be ordered. Going to see if they beat my true wireless headsets of which I have tried many.

14. courierdriver
    Lmao! You sound just like I did about a year ago. I had bought a TOTL iem back in 2005...and HATED it! Spent $500, and thought it sounded like crap. I swore I'd never buy another ever again in my life. But these things have become so much better in the past 14 years, that I'm getting addicted and have bought 5 over the past 6 months. I'm also wanting to pull the plug on the ZS7. Maybe next month. Only thing holding me back is how big the shells are. Just not sure if they will fit my smaller ears well. But I'm intrigued by the bass performance and soundstage. Being a headfi member can be a huge pain in the wallet!

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  15. clerkpalmer
    Only iem to date that has come close to cans for me is the xelento. But they cost a fortune and have serious driver flex issues. I’ve tried almost every high end true wireless and only mw07 has offered sq that i consider excellent. Hoping this setup can give me a great sq solution for the gym. And yes, headfi is expensive. But it’s nothing compared to the guys on watchuseek.com.

courierdriver likes this.