Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 22, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #44,326 of 63,836
just posted my take on the kz zs10 pro on the audioreviews.org blog---i personally prefer the warmer tonality and tighter bass of the zs7, but they're both at the top of the kz pyramid
How do the ZS10 compare to the ZS5?

May 22, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #44,327 of 63,836
I heard the Moondrop Crescent sounds 70% like the Kanas Pro and it's $30USD. :wink:

I heard 80% LOL... how do people measure these things... what if it is really 76%... or 88%! The crescent is very nice though. If you want to know more just read the Moondrop thread.

May 22, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #44,328 of 63,836
I heard 80% LOL... how do people measure these things... what if it is really 76%... or 88%! The crescent is very nice though. If you want to know more just read the Moondrop thread.
I heard 62.711%. I wouldn't trust it.

May 22, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #44,330 of 63,836
The person that said the Crescent was 70% of the Kanas Pro, owned both. Of course even then his percentage is subjective.

May 22, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #44,332 of 63,836
Dang. Y'all weren't kidding when you said the ZS3E/etc were basically musical earplugs. Had a bit of leftover eBay bucks and decided to pick one up because I was bored and curious. Settled on ZS3E because the ZS4 had BAs and I wanted to mess around with all-DD, and *E because it was clearly superior (and came in red). :p Haven't actually spent much time listening to them but they seem perfectly serviceable given they're mostly going to be used *as* musical earplugs (got Bose QC30, but ANC while not unpleasantly so is a bit white-noise-hissy plus the right silicone earpiece falls out if I move too much (nothing wrong with the tip, my right ear's just annoying like that) and oh yeah also MSRPs for ~250$ or something like that and the odds of me picking up a Very Good pair for ~90$ again are hahano <-< ). I'll have to stuff them in a pocket next time I go flying, I'm curious how well they'll stack up against the Bose... Doubt they'll win, mind you, but definitely curious how close they can come.

Disconcertingly light, but my other IEMs also involve nonzero amounts of metal (ZSN/C10/****) so in hindsight it's not really that surprising.

May 22, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #44,333 of 63,836
Dang. Y'all weren't kidding when you said the ZS3E/etc were basically musical earplugs. Had a bit of leftover eBay bucks and decided to pick one up because I was bored and curious. Settled on ZS3E because the ZS4 had BAs and I wanted to mess around with all-DD, and *E because it was clearly superior (and came in red). :p Haven't actually spent much time listening to them but they seem perfectly serviceable given they're mostly going to be used *as* musical earplugs (got Bose QC30, but ANC while not unpleasantly so is a bit white-noise-hissy plus the right silicone earpiece falls out if I move too much (nothing wrong with the tip, my right ear's just annoying like that) and oh yeah also MSRPs for ~250$ or something like that and the odds of me picking up a Very Good pair for ~90$ again are hahano <-< ). I'll have to stuff them in a pocket next time I go flying, I'm curious how well they'll stack up against the Bose... Doubt they'll win, mind you, but definitely curious how close they can come.

Disconcertingly light, but my other IEMs also involve nonzero amounts of metal (ZSN/C10/****) so in hindsight it's not really that surprising.

Glad you like them!

I plan on picking up a pair next time I see it cheap. Maybe during 11.11.

I want to use them as “musical earplugs“ too, and I want something with no BA so it can take lots of sweat and the occasional rainstorm.

May 22, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #44,334 of 63,836
Glad you like them!

I want to use them as “musical earplugs“ too, and I want something with no BA so it can take lots of sweat and the occasional rainstorm.

I use my it01 for that job lol

May 22, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #44,335 of 63,836
Glad you like them!

C800 is a great alternative to Zs3e.

May 22, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #44,336 of 63,836
ZSN Pro is very similar to ZS10 Pro. ZSN Pro has a V in upper mids/highs. They might as well be the 2 driver ZS10, then ZS10 Pro should be the 5 driver version. Why even keep current ZS10, or ZSN? Why have ZSN, ZSN Pro, ZS10, ZS10 Pro?

Went back to the original ZSN, too much missing from that sound signature. ZSN Pro and ZS10 Pro are a steal.

May 22, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #44,337 of 63,836
ZSN Pro is very similar to ZS10 Pro. ZSN Pro has a V in upper mids/highs. They might as well be the 2 driver ZS10, then ZS10 Pro should be the 5 driver version. Why even keep current ZS10, or ZSN? Why have ZSN, ZSN Pro, ZS10, ZS10 Pro?

Went back to the original ZSN, too much missing from that sound signature. ZSN Pro and ZS10 Pro are a steal.

Actually I find that the zsn pro is more airy and sound more spacious than zs10 pro, but zs10 pro wins in every other categories (bass, separation, smoothness and treble). They sound pretty similar tho.

May 23, 2019 at 2:54 AM Post #44,339 of 63,836
What KZ model is good for gaming?. I'm currently using a Xiaomi Piston v3, so my standards are not very high. It stills work well after all this years but got tired of its very bad microphonics.

ZSN pro (cheapest), ZS10 pro and ZS7. Don't know about the other KZ as I don't have it, but from what I have those three are the best KZ I've had so far.

May 23, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #44,340 of 63,836
ZSN pro (cheapest), ZS10 pro and ZS7. Don't know about the other KZ as I don't have it, but from what I have those three are the best KZ I've had so far.

In my experience, even if they have big soundstages, zs7, zs6 and so on are not good for gaming (at least in my case, but if someone has good times with them then it's just me). I don't know why but i cannot actually play r6s with them and be good locating enemies in the buildings.
The ones i used most (to play games, moreover fps ones) are:
- HIFIHEAR F30 (very good in r6s, just average for pubg)
- CCA C10 (decent in r6s, awesome for pubg)
- many people uses the old ZS10, but i do not have it so i cannot provide a feedback

ZSN PRO and ZS10 PRO aren't good for gaming in my experience, dunno why but pinpointing is very difficult, especially on the ZSN PRO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back