1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread

1. cleg
    my video about AS16. TL;DR they are good, but too many people will prefer ZS10 Pro. KZ is cannibalizing their own lineup, but that's good for buyers :)

2. peskypesky
    I like bass-heavy IEM's, so I'm interested in these ES4's.

Question: how do you listen to them without wires? What bluetooth adapter do you use?

3. BadReligionPunk
    TRN BT20. They are like $33 on Amazon or you can get emptied for 27 on AE.

I like them very much, but a new version is reported to be coming out with aptx HD so might be worth the wait.

4. archdawg
    Another day, another reason to hate this thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    Does anyone know a way to block posts that mention the ZS10 Pro, lol?
    (I already have them in my AE cart but I guess I'm going to wait at least until my ZS7 arrive.)

5. tmpsn
    Just received a pair of ZS7s, and so far it's been interesting to compare it with the ZS5 and ZS6. The ZS7 midrange stands out much more than on the other two, as well as the lack of the ~10 kHz spike that characterizes the ZS6 and some ZS5 responses. Overall very pleasant to listen to.

Also got the ZSN pro but haven't had much chance to listen yet...Chi-Fi is an addiction...

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    1clearhead, archdawg, Nimweth and 4 others like this.
  6. courierdriver
    The Takstar is a big step up in build quality, IMHO compared to Grado. I love them for their comfort and the fact that they are lightweight like Grado. The detachable cable is also a big plus. The sound sig is also fun, just like the Grado...just with the ability to bump the bass with the slider switches. Honestly, the Takstar gives me what I like about the Grado, but with more of the bass that was lacking in them. As a Grado-head (I started with the SR125, and bought my 225 from a member here on headfi), I think the Pro 82 is better in sound and comfort. Of the 3 cans i own, i wouldn't consider selling these. I think that says alot.

peskypesky and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  7. Zerohour88
    reversed like this? might be wired for qdc IEMs then (source from qdc thread):
    [​IMG]

archdawg and Slater like this.
  8. hakuzen
    i guess so. thanks for the info.
    so bqeyz and qdc use same polarity, opposite to kz.

LaughMoreDaily and Slater like this.
  9. Slater
    Nice observation guys. I didn’t know that BQEYZ was wired opposite to KZ.

And I tested both my JC Ally cables “for ZSN”, and they are wired backwards as well. So it appears they were designed for QDC, but being sold for ZSN. Very interesting indeed!

10. LaughMoreDaily
    I tried my new beautiful Yinyoo 6 core copper braided cable on my ZS7 and the stock cable has a much nicer punch and better sound quality.

What iem does this cable work good for? Do I have to find out the hard way? ;(

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  11. peskypesky
    that makes me excited to receive my Takstars. I'm a Grado head too....but the horrible build quality has forced me to buy another brand.

courierdriver likes this.
  12. LaughMoreDaily
    I heard the Moondrop Crescent sounds 70% like the Kanas Pro and it's $30USD. :wink:

courierdriver and peskypesky like this.
  13. LaughMoreDaily
    I think Nxnje said the Tin Audio T3 is better than the ZS10 Pro... am I right, Nxnje? Has anyone else compared the two models?

14. loomisjohnson
    just posted my take on the kz zs10 pro on the audioreviews.org blog---i personally prefer the warmer tonality and tighter bass of the zs7, but they're both at the top of the kz pyramid

15. moisespr123
    I got used the the ZA10 Pro highs. It's true some tracks don't sound good because the KZ ZS7 emphatizes the bass on those and on the ZS10 Pro it seems they don't have low end, but on other tracks, the ZS10 Pro shines and reproduces the bass really good.

I'm still waiting for the AS16, which should be delivered any day now.

As far as the aptX HD Bluetooth Cable, they just shipped me a new one over the night. As usual, it will take 3 or 4 weeks to arrive here.

courierdriver likes this.