Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 4, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #43,021 of 63,916
Sounds like my son is going to love them. He won't even have to pretend to be excited.

Side note: managed to snag one of those novelty on-ears for my 5-year old daughter that had a unicorn horn. I don't think she's ever sounded more excited to get something and I've bought that girl tons of My Little Pony stuff. Made me a pretty happy dad.

Just wait until she finds out there are unicorn headphones with dual drivers.

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #43,022 of 63,916
Very interesting question, since I recently asked myself that question, as well!

My thoughts would be, if the ZSN PRO's would have been out before the C10, I would have been content with the PRO's. But, knowing now that the PRO's leans more towards a V-type sound signature, and a very good and competitive one for that matter, I am very happy to own the C10 for its more balanced approach to basically all genre's. They both play in a more mature manner, one being V-shaped, while the other balanced. They are slightly different enough for me to like them both equally! But, I can see this clearly being a tug-of-war between the ZSN PRO -VS- C10! Though, I can nick-pick more details with the C10, while the PRO's brings a crisp and airy approach. In the end, it's probably going to be anybody's guess or personal choice. ...You can't go wrong with either of them!

-Clear
Stock tips and cable ?

Apr 4, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #43,024 of 63,916
Very interesting question, since I recently asked myself that question, as well!

My thoughts would be, if the ZSN PRO's would have been out before the C10, I would have been content with the PRO's. But, knowing now that the PRO's leans more towards a V-type sound signature, and a very good and competitive one for that matter, I am very happy to own the C10 for its more balanced approach to basically all genre's. They both play in a more mature manner, one being V-shaped, while the other balanced. They are slightly different enough for me to like them both equally! But, I can see this clearly being a tug-of-war between the ZSN PRO -VS- C10! Though, I can nick-pick more details with the C10, while the PRO's brings a crisp and airy approach. In the end, it's probably going to be anybody's guess or personal choice. ...You can't go wrong with either of them!

-Clear

How about soundstage comparison? original KZN is narrow, is it bigger now? on par with C10 or better? Thanks

Apr 4, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #43,025 of 63,916
Apr 4, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #43,028 of 63,916
These appear to be 3 different colors....maybe it's the lighting though. @Zerohour88

upload_2019-4-4_22-10-24.jpeg
upload_2019-4-4_22-10-43.jpg

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #43,029 of 63,916
Those of you using 0.78mm 2-pin cables - Do you think it's very stressful to the KZ sockets? It's very tempting to get some 16 core balanced cables for my ZS7 (still in transit), but I don't want to cause damage or shorten the usable life ot them

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #43,032 of 63,916
Clear, is the Pro shell exactly identical to that of the regular ZSN, including nozzle shape, dimensions (diameter, length) and projection angle? It'll help me decide to get it at around $11 for my daughter. She has my smallish ears and I think maybe also the shape and angle of my external meatus.

If exactly identical, then it'll be perfect as her graduation gift add-on.
:smile_phones:
Nozzle shape and all other angles are the same, but the only difference I see is the alloy back plate sticks out slightly more maybe to accommodate the slightly thicker dynamic driver on the PRO's (thicker from front to back due to the double magnet dynamic and crossover placement). Plus, the PRO seems to feel just slightly heavier probably due to the added alloy and the slightly thicker dynamic driver.

This is what I got so far. :wink:...I'll provide PIC's later in the weekend for everyone to see. :point_left:

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #43,033 of 63,916
How about soundstage comparison? original KZN is narrow, is it bigger now? on par with C10 or better? Thanks
So far, soundstage on the ZSN PRO's definitely sounds bigger than the original ZSN and on par with the C10. Though the C10, in a sense, sounds more holographic. But, the BIG soundstage on the PRO's still has me completely amazed due to the better tuning, nonetheless!

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #43,035 of 63,916
Nozzle shape and all other angles are the same, but the only difference I see is the alloy back plate sticks out slightly more maybe to accommodate the slightly thicker dynamic driver on the PRO's (thicker from front to back due to the double magnet dynamic and crossover placement). Plus, the PRO seems to feel just slightly heavier probably due to the added alloy and the slightly thicker dynamic driver.

This is what I got so far. :wink:...I'll provide PIC's later in the weekend for everyone to see. :point_left:

Muchas Gracias mi Amigo Claro! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back