Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 25, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #42,766 of 63,834
About the KZ ZSN "Pro"... the "double dynamic unit" which was advertised until yesterday is now "double magnetic dynamic". What means this? As I saw, the are not 2 dynamic drive, but only 1....

It's a joke?

I suspect ‘double magnet’ refers to a driver with a magnetic flux twice what a standard driver has. This Chinglish marketing speak usually is referring to a high (~1.0+) Tesla magnet driver.

A Tesla driver can, in theory, be a good thing (assuming) the rest of the driver is designed properly. Think of it like very sticky high performance tires on a car. It’s great if they come from the manufactures on an Italian sports car, because the rest of the car has been built to take advantage of the tires. But those same tires would be a total waste on a Toyota mini-van.

The end result of Tesla magnets will vary, depending on the rest of the driver’s design (diaphragm, tuning, impedance, vents, etc). There’s not one singular summary, like “a Tesla magnet always = this”. But in general, the stronger driver magnet usually translates to bass having a deeper extension, faster speed, and tighter sound. But again, the overall tuning can totally change that.

Some gear that uses high Tesla drivers are ibasso IT01, beyerdynamic T1, beyerdynamic Xelento, Fostex TH-X00, ZhiYin Z5000, and others.

Personally, I think the ZSN was pretty good just as it was. So I’m not sure why KZ felt the need to immediately follow up the very recent ZSN with a 2nd revised version. KZ usually has an 18-month cycle on model upgrades. The ZSN literally just came out a few months ago, and had a very positive reception.

We’ll just have to wait and see what exactly ‘Pro’ means. Just because the word ‘Pro’ is after something doesn’t mean it’s better (although it does almost always mean a higher price).

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #42,767 of 63,834
I enjoy my C16 more than my C10, mostly because of the better instrument separation, details and holophonic soundstage, plus nicely tight, textured bass. The C10 has very smooth treble, and a bit stronger/deeper bass, but overall I find it a bit too laid-back sounding. I'm not sure if the C10 is less v-shaped sounding, I'd have to compare the two some more.
Try these cables on the C10 and hear the details and transparency come right at you with a more closer approach, sound and feel to the C16. I kid you not, I alternate between the C16 and C10 now since changing the cables on the C10 to the "type B cables" shown on the picture below. The C10 were awesome before, but now they're priceless with the added cable upgrade!

HTB1q1siMYPpK1RjSZFFq6y5PpXaY.jpg HTB13pcmM7voK1RjSZPfq6xPKFXa4.jpg HTB1997qM3HqK1RjSZJnq6zNLpXan.jpg PIC's are Courtesy from CCA Global Store

Link...
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...16-KZ-Ba10-Zs10-Zst/4829026_32993691952.html?

-Clear

Mar 25, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #42,769 of 63,834
Underwhelmed by ZSN Pro TBH. Except a new socket for pins and new color specs are nothing but the same. Unless they've tweaked the tuning. Could they make it like C10 with their new dynamic driver? Would make things very interesting.

Edit - typos

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #42,770 of 63,834
Can anyone help me with the difference between Tennmak whirlwinds tips and KZ spiral tips? Both seem wide bore and very similar. Planning to purchase wide bore tips and whirlwinds have a great deal on AE.

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #42,771 of 63,834
Can anyone help me with the difference between Tennmak whirlwinds tips and KZ spiral tips? Both seem wide bore and very similar. Planning to purchase wide bore tips and whirlwinds have a great deal on AE.

People have said that the Whirlwinds are less fragile than the KZ ones.

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #42,772 of 63,834
Underwhelmed by ZSN Pro TBH. Except a new sockey for pins and new color specs are nothing bit the same. Unless they've tweaked the tuning. Could they make it like C10 with their new dynamic driver? Would make things very interesting

So wait, you own the Pro?

Do you have the non-Pro you can compare it with?

Thanks!

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #42,773 of 63,834

People have said that the Whirlwinds are less fragile than the KZ ones.

Tennmak version are much stronger and won’t fall apart like the KZ ones.

You can also order all 1 size from Tennmak. So for example, all L or all S. More color choices too.

With KZ you are stuck with a SML set, even though most people can only use 1 size.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #42,774 of 63,834
You can also order all 1 size from Tennmak. So for example, all L or all S. More color choices too.

Yes, we did that in a message to the seller.

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #42,775 of 63,834
So wait, you own the Pro?

Do you have the non-Pro you can compare it with?

Thanks!
Have non-pro version. I'm just speculating about pro. Apologies if they seem otherwise. Just thought ZSN Pro would be triple drivers (2DD+1BA)for the price and immediate release after success of ZSN as dual driver.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #42,776 of 63,834
Try these cables on the C10 and hear the details and transparency come right at you with a more closer approach, sound and feel to the C16. I kid you not, I alternate between the C16 and C10 now since changing the cables on the C10 to the "type B cables" shown on the picture below. The C10 were awesome before, but now they're priceless with the added cable upgrade!

PIC's are Courtesy from CCA Global Store

Link...
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...16-KZ-Ba10-Zs10-Zst/4829026_32993691952.html?

-Clear

Thanks for the tip! I'm using a balanced output though, so I have been using the KZ silver-plated balanced upgrade cables with my earphones. I do need to get some more balanced cables so I can compare between my earphones without having to swap cables.

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #42,777 of 63,834
Tennmak version are much stronger and won’t fall apart like the KZ ones.

With KZ you are stuck with a SML set, even though most people can only use 1 size.

Will go for whirlwinds then. 18pcs for $6 seems a good deal.

Thanks @Slater and @mbwilson111 :)

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #42,778 of 63,834
Mar 25, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #42,780 of 63,834
:D So I'm not the only one to misunderstand the Chinglish...
Good job, KZ marketing team! Go back to school!
:ksc75smile:

Here’s 2 priceless gems from the KZ marketing team:

47898B58-77F0-414E-928D-11FDB9FBDCD7.jpeg

Photoshop fail (sooo ergonomic!)
C560D1AD-D0C7-40A9-AF51-BB899B335AFD.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back