Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 25, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #42,751 of 63,986
KZ ZSN Pro
US $21 - 22
Store:CCA Global Store

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...ifi-Bass-Earbuds-Sport-Noise/32994214403.html

EDIT : Also available in other stores.

KZ-ZSN-Pro.jpg

EDIT 2
KZ Global Store
cable.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #42,752 of 63,986
Mar 25, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #42,753 of 63,986
I was going to say the same thing. The C10 is not going to have the bass slam, holophonic soundstage, instrument separation and exciting sound of the ZS7. The ZS7 is great for electronic music.
I can't wait! I listen to a lot of electronic music, it sounds great on the C16, but ZS7 coming this week! What tips would you recommend? I will probably go for Spiral Dots as a default. What is the cable like?

Mar 25, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #42,754 of 63,986
Mar 25, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #42,755 of 63,986
wow the FR promotion graphic looks like C10. what is the differences with normal ZSN?

Mar 25, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #42,756 of 63,986
Mar 25, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #42,758 of 63,986
LaughMoreDaily said:

I'm confused by your post... are you saying C10 is better than ZS7 and that you'd rather listen to the C10 for hours over even the C16? The price of an earphone shouldn't matter, it's about what one a person prefers. I've noticed the more expensive... the better, so C16 sounds like a winner over the ZS7 and C10?

This post is not by me. Because I don't own C16, EM3 and ZS7. It's by @SybilLance

@LaughMoreDaily you deleted your post above? Couldn't find it anywhere save in replies where it's quoted.

Anyway please don't be confused. To be clear as to where I stand, I'll make it categorical:

As between the CCA C10 and the KZ ZS7, I find the C10 better.

As between the C10 and its all-BA sibling the C16, I cannot make the same categorical statement as above; I'm still listening to the C16, putting all my perceptions down on paper. The best I could come up with is that they have different signatures, as I described them in my post.

Your question that I'd "rather listen to the C10 for hours over even the C16", presumes one other categorical statement that I did not utter. Please note my premise as regards both these CCA IEMs was on value—that's where I started my comparison between them. When talking about value, price is definitely part of the conversation. It should never be omitted insofar as I'm concerned, because to me the price is a feature of a headphone in the same manner that its sound, broken down into its constituent characteristics, is. That's how I always see and evaluate things. As to how the headphone reproduces and presents the music you play through it, that's where you're right—it comes down to individual preference.

Now...how and why do I say I find the C10 better over the ZS7? The answer requires the requisite bases, and thus will necessitate revisiting the ZS7, which I don't personally own but have access to; so it will have to be explained at a later date.

Until then, don't you think you should listen more to your music and not be so overly concerned about your headphones? If they reproduce the music that you love with sufficient fidelity then you're good. And you EnjoyMoreDaily. :ksc75smile: :kissing_heart:

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #42,759 of 63,986
I can't wait! I listen to a lot of electronic music, it sounds great on the C16, but ZS7 coming this week! What tips would you recommend? I will probably go for Spiral Dots as a default. What is the cable like?

I'm using spiral dots as well. The cable is a pretty standard KZ one, I'm not using the cable, I'm using a KZ balanced upgrade cable.

Mar 25, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #42,760 of 63,986
Until then, don't you think you should listen more to your music and not be so overly concerned about your headphones? If they reproduce the music that you love with sufficient fidelity then you're good. And you EnjoyMoreDaily. :ksc75smile: :kissing_heart:

Exactly! EnjoyMoreDaily... love it!

Mar 25, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #42,762 of 63,986
About the KZ ZSN "Pro"... the "double dynamic unit" which was advertised until yesterday is now "double magnetic dynamic". What means this? As I saw, the are not 2 dynamic drive, but only 1....

It's a joke?

It's not a joke. It's chinglish.
Typical actually....

PS: I look at chinglish as some sort of poetry...

Mar 25, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #42,763 of 63,986
It's not a joke. It's chinglish.
Typical actually....

PS: I look at chinglish as some sort of poetry...
LOOL!!!
Damn bad, as I thought that the new ZSN will be something like a ZSE (the "old" ZSN dynamic drive + 1 new very low frequency dynamic driver) + 1 BA. Now, it seems like the PRO version is just a a "bassier" version of ZSN...
Few weeks and we'll see some reviews, I think...

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #42,764 of 63,986
@LaughMoreDaily you deleted your post above? Couldn't find it anywhere save in replies where it's quoted.

Anyway please don't be confused. To be clear as to where I stand, I'll make it categorical:

As between the CCA C10 and the KZ ZS7, I find the C10 better.

As between the C10 and its all-BA sibling the C16, I cannot make the same categorical statement as above; I'm still listening to the C16, putting all my perceptions down on paper. The best I could come up with is that they have different signatures, as I described them in my post.

Your question that I'd "rather listen to the C10 for hours over even the C16", presumes one other categorical statement that I did not utter. Please note my premise as regards both these CCA IEMs was on value—that's where I started my comparison between them. When talking about value, price is definitely part of the conversation. It should never be omitted insofar as I'm concerned, because to me the price is a feature of a headphone in the same manner that its sound, broken down into its constituent characteristics, is. That's how I always see and evaluate things. As to how the headphone reproduces and presents the music you play through it, that's where you're right—it comes down to individual preference.

Now...how and why do I say I find the C10 better over the ZS7? The answer requires the requisite bases, and thus will necessitate revisiting the ZS7, which I don't personally own but have access to; so it will have to be explained at a later date.

I am not sure if you’ve seen the slogan KZ is putting on some of their newer models:

Don’t forget the original intention is to use headphones to enjoy music”

I know I’m guilty of over-analyzing gear myself. I’ve been trying to change that mindset more and more as time goes on. The gear is there to serve the music, not the other way around!

KZs slogan is good advice for us all :wink:

Mar 25, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #42,765 of 63,986
That blue is stunning!

.....and if it turns out that they're not your favorite for music

you can always repurpose them for gaming!

Yes the blue is nice!
I think I wait for CCA CA4, it is also similarly blue, and "Every Second To Shake Your Sounding" feels more like me :):)
(More seriously, I like the smooth plate of CCA better - both aesthetically and practically, and count on CCA to have a bit more balanced version)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back