Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 24, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #42,736 of 63,975
At last I got two pairs of cca c10 (for me and my gf). They're smaller then on pictures, fits very well, lightweight. After few hours I can say that they are very clear sounding and well balanced. No sibilation and any other problems even on high volume. Unfortunately as for our tastes the punch of bass is lacking. It's at most on par with other frequencies. On electronic music and even metal we can feel the lack of power in bass, like a real lack of voltage power or sth but it's not the case because I have lg v30 (but on standard hifi state of amplifier). Music don't sound as deep as it should. I had single dd earphones like soundmagic E10, Sennheiser cx 300 II and there were tons of bass more. I don't know if the burn in process (or just time) will improve bass punch or just this single dd is too weak to stand out from other frequencies? I will buy some foam tips for even better seal. I love the sound of those but it's a real shame that bass is that far behind. It's near perfect for us. If it's not gonna change then I need to buy something else :frowning2: I got used to music with subwoofer (Logitech Z-5500), my gf also loves deep sounds.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #42,737 of 63,975
At last I got two pairs of cca c10 (for me and my gf). They're smaller then on pictures, fits very well, lightweight. After few hours I can say that they are very clear sounding and well balanced. No sibilation and any other problems even on high volume. Unfortunately as for our tastes the punch of bass is lacking. It's at most on par with other frequencies. On electronic music and even metal we can feel the lack of power in bass, like a real lack of voltage power or sth but it's not the case because I have lg v30 (but on standard hifi state of amplifier). Music don't sound as deep as it should. I had single dd earphones like soundmagic E10, Sennheiser cx 300 II and there were tons of bass more. I don't know if the burn in process (or just time) will improve bass punch or just this single dd is too weak to stand out from other frequencies? I will buy some foam tips for even better seal. I love the sound of those but it's a real shame that bass is that far behind. It's near perfect for us. If it's not gonna change then I need to buy something else :frowning2: I got used to music with subwoofer (Logitech Z-5500), my gf also loves deep sounds.
unless you place the lg v30 in external or high impedance mode, it sounds horrible--try plugging in an adapter first, then plugging in the iem--it's a massive difference

Mar 24, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #42,739 of 63,975
There's virtually no eq option on v30, there are just a few predefined sets but not editable, a bit of a joke for hifi music phone :) I need to buy some Jack extension to push impedance beyond 50 Ohms (anyone can recommend some 20 Ohm extension?) .

Mar 24, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #42,740 of 63,975

C10 isn’t supposed to be super deep and mind blowing low end. CCAs are tuned more u shaped and balanced. They definitely sound better with an amp though. Mine sound very sub par from my iPhone, but if I add some power from my FiiO E12A, they wake right up.

With that said, if you really want something with skull crushing low end, but still has the clear and pleasant sound of the C10, the KZ ZS7 is what you want.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #42,741 of 63,975
I like the ZS7 better than the AS10, C16 as well, but that one is much more expensive. Not sure about C10, would need to compare some more (I need more cables, so I don't have to swap them between earphones).
Nice to know about the ZS7, since I already bit the bullet and placed an order for it a while ago. I enjoyed the clarity and detailedness of the AS10, but I feel there's something missing. Maybe ZS7 will fill that void? :p

Also, asked this a while ago, but I guess it got ignored :joy::

Dunno if this was asked before since it's been a while since I posted in this thread. My apologies for interrupting whatever you're discussing currently, guys.

Is it still worth to get the ZS7 if I already own a ZS6? (I'm using the ZS6 with Ostry OS200 tips, so its notorious harsh sibilance isn't an issue anymore) I'm kinda tempted on buying a ZS7 after reading through this thread that it's kinda a bassier ZS6, even though I own many KZ IEMs already. Thanks in advance.
I know this is subjective, but is ZS7 an upgrade to the ZS6, or is it something else?
-

Mar 24, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #42,744 of 63,975
I know this is subjective, but is ZS7 an upgrade to the ZS6, or is it something else?
-

It depends on what you mean by upgrade.

ZS7 is easier to drive, has deeper sub bass extension, better mids, and a mid bass hump (which some people don’t like the mid bass humps). ZS6 has better soundstage and more treble energy.

I like and use them both, but for different reasons. Some people like the ZS6 better and others like the ZS7 better.

Also note that the ZS6 treble doesn’t bother me as much as it bothers some people.

If you are one of the people that hated the boosted treble of the ZS6, and wanted a bit more low end, then yeah the ZS7 will be an upgrade. If you like the ZS6 and have little complaints with it, then the ZS7 has a slightly different signature but might be more of a sidegrade.

Mar 24, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #42,745 of 63,975
It depends on what you mean by upgrade.

ZS7 is easier to drive, has deeper sub bass extension, better mids, and a mid bass hump (which some people don’t like the mid bass humps). ZS6 has better soundstage and more treble energy.

I like and use them both, but for different reasons. Some people like the ZS6 better and others like the ZS7 better.

Also note that the ZS6 treble doesn’t bother me as much as it bothers some people.

If you are one of the people that hated the boosted treble of the ZS6, and wanted a bit more low end, then yeah the ZS7 will be an upgrade. If you like the ZS6 and have little complaints with it, then the ZS7 has a slightly different signature but might be more of a sidegrade.
I used to hate my ZS6 because of the boosted treble, until I read somewhere in this very thread regarding the Ostry OS200 tips. After using the OS200 tips (as I mentioned earlier), my ZS6 has become one of my most used KZ IEMs in my collection, since they tamed down the treble and boosted the bass a bit, and I like the OS200 tips better than those imitation T400 foam tips, since the foam tips are disposable and hassle to put into your ears (with all those rolling and pinching; yeah, I'm not that much of a fan of foam tips).

Yeah, you could say I'm one of the people that hated the ZS6's infamous treble peak (when used with stock starline tips), so based on your description of the ZS7, looks like I'll definitely enjoy it.

Mar 24, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #42,746 of 63,975
There's virtually no eq option on v30, there are just a few predefined sets but not editable, a bit of a joke for hifi music phone :) I need to buy some Jack extension to push impedance beyond 50 Ohms (anyone can recommend some 20 Ohm extension?) .
get a simple 3.5mm m to f cable, then plug the cable in first (before you connect the iem)--this tricks the v30 into external mode. you can also get a 75ohm adapter plug for ten bucks or so.

Mar 24, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #42,748 of 63,975
get a simple 3.5mm m to f cable, then plug the cable in first (before you connect the iem)--this tricks the v30 into external mode. you can also get a 75ohm adapter plug for ten bucks or so.

Unfortunately I tried some 1m jack extension and it was recognized as hifi only, even after plugging in the iems. I need to buy something else

While I do not have the v30, you should be able to use one of the cheapy in-line volume adapters. They’re nothing more than a variable resistor controlled by a plastic wheel. I’ve seen them as cheap as $0.99.

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #42,749 of 63,975
With that said, if you really want something with skull crushing low end, but still has the clear and pleasant sound of the C10, the KZ ZS7 is what you want.

I was going to say the same thing. The C10 is not going to have the bass slam, holophonic soundstage, instrument separation and exciting sound of the ZS7. The ZS7 is great for electronic music.

Mar 24, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #42,750 of 63,975
On electronic music and even metal we can feel the lack of power in bass, like a real lack of voltage power or sth but it's not the case because I have lg v30 (but on standard hifi state of amplifier). Music don't sound as deep as it should. I had single dd earphones like soundmagic E10, Sennheiser cx 300 II and there were tons of bass more. I don't know if the burn in process (or just time) will improve bass punch or just this single dd is too weak to stand out from other frequencies? My gf also loves deep sounds.
If your preference is for deep bass in any earphones, I would recommend getting an outboard amplifier with a good bass switch. You should then get deeper & faster bass and more controlled highs & staging. Doesn't have to be too fancy or expensive. I currently use Topping NX3s with my LG G6, but have also seen good reviews on NX1 and Fiio amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back